Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition [TESTERS WANTED!]

Post by namsan »

Nash wrote:(snipped images)
Experimenting with Actor-based wall splats... not sure I'm convinced this is better, now that it actually works (adjusts to wall angle properly and has full blood colourization support)... hmm...
Will Actor-based wall splats be implemented?
I think it looks better.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Nash wrote:About the Smooth Doom flickering thingy - yeah, this was reported shortly after v1.0 is released, and was fixed after the fact. It will be fixed in the next official release... however, I don't have an ETA on when the next release will be out, but if you don't mind playing development builds, you can head on to the Github and download the latest in-dev version of the mod there. :)
While we're waiting patiently for the next release, I have compiled the development version into a PK3 file and named it v1.0a... B-)

Apart from that, there's no further differences, but I'll put it here as a downloadable link for anybody who doesn't know very well how Github works:

NASHGORE_V1.0A.PK3

Please keep up the good work Nash, this absolutely rocks! :thumb:
DoomeRez

Post by DoomeRez »

Any way to tune down the amount/size of blood sprites produced by shots but retain the same amount of decals generated on floor/walls/etc at "default" blood type setting? When you hit something with shotgun the mod generates a lot of sprites which can completely cover entire model of the enemy. Or can I somehow turn a "vanilla" blood type (for bullet impacts) but at the same time get sprites on floor and all other effects?
Last edited by DoomeRez on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Hexereticdoom wrote:I have compiled the development version into a PK3 file and named it v1.0a
Great, a pirated version then. :)
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

drfrag wrote:
Hexereticdoom wrote:I have compiled the development version into a PK3 file and named it v1.0a
Great, a pirated version then. :)
Pirated, you say?! :nope2:

Ooow, no no please, don't make me to put this here... :3: :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
DoomeRez

Post by DoomeRez »

DoomeRez wrote:Any way to tune down the amount/size of blood sprites produced by shots but retain the same amount of decals generated on floor/walls/etc at "default" blood type setting? When you hit something with shotgun the mod generates a lot of sprites which can completely cover entire model of the enemy. Or can I somehow turn a "vanilla" blood type (for bullet impacts) but at the same time get sprites on floor and all other effects?
Answering my own question.

I've deleted nbl1a0.png, nbl1b0.png, nbl1c0.png, nbl1d0.png, nbl1e0.png, nbl1f0.png, nbl2a0.png, nbl2b0.png, nbl2c0.png and nbl2d0.png from nashgore.pk3\sprites\blood\ and the amount of sprites looks reasonable now.
Whoever uses Smooth Doom with this mod, give it a try!
40KN

Post by 40KN »

After updating GZDoom from v4.1.3 to v4.2.1, I've noticed that loading nashgore v1.0 after Smooth Doom (06-15-2019) now breaks the imp's fireball sprite. No issues with other enemy attacks (including caco's fireball)

Edit:

Below is a short clip of what I'm describing. Note that, although I have a few other mods loaded in this video, I've tested with only Smooth Doom and Nash's mod and the issue persists.

Spoiler:

Use the Github build
Last edited by 40KN on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
devilemporium

Post by devilemporium »

40KN wrote:After updating GZDoom from v4.1.3 to v4.2.1, I've noticed that loading nashgore v1.0 after Smooth Doom (06-15-2019) now breaks the imp's fireball sprite.
Are you using the github build?
40KN

Post by 40KN »

devilemporium wrote:
40KN wrote:After updating GZDoom from v4.1.3 to v4.2.1, I've noticed that loading nashgore v1.0 after Smooth Doom (06-15-2019) now breaks the imp's fireball sprite.
Are you using the github build?
Of Nash's Gore Mod? No, should I be?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash wrote: About the Smooth Doom flickering thingy - yeah, this was reported shortly after v1.0 is released, and was fixed after the fact. It will be fixed in the next official release... however, I don't have an ETA on when the next release will be out, but if you don't mind playing development builds, you can head on to the Github and download the latest in-dev version of the mod there. :)

The link to the Github repo is on the first post.
Smooth Doom imp ball flickering bug was fixed AFTER v1.0 was released, the only way to play with the fixes is to download an in-development build on Github! I don't have an ETA on v1.5 or whatever the next official release is as I have a very busy schedule!

Sorry for the giant text; not yelling at you or anyone; however I need it to draw attention. :)
40KN

Post by 40KN »

Sorry, I don't know how I missed that post. I can confirm that using the Github build resolves the issue.
Equus

Post by Equus »

Are you still considering Actor-based wall splats?
halb
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by halb »

Hello, Sorry to ask something that thats probably a basic question. Im new to doom modding, and Im trying to define a blood colour for the "Stealth Plasma Alien" in Ancient Aliens. Ive managed to figure out they are the "DeadLostSoul" actorclass, so I tried adding "CBlood_DeadLostSoul" in the same format as the others in the cblood.pk3 Decorate.txt. and that didnt work.

So, how do I define its blood colour?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

SiFi270 wrote:For AA's stealth alien, you may want to have this in the decorate, because otherwise most if not all of them will still bleed red blood.
Spoiler:
The reason for this is kind of a long story. I discussed it on Doomworld a couple of weeks ago with both Skillsaw and Nevander.
halb
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by halb »

Thank you mbf!!! I ctrl-f'd the thread but I mustve somehow missed that.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”