Invisible Enemy Mode

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DeXiaZ

Invisible Enemy Mode

Post by DeXiaZ »

Hi there.
I wanted to release this on Friday 13, but since Moddb.com doesn't know what means "RELEASE AT SEPTEMBER, 13", here we go right now!

This mod is heanvily inspired by NG+ Extra Mode from Resident Evil Remake (also known as Resident Evil Remastered if we're talking about PC release).
In Resident Evil all enemies became...well...invisible. You can hear them walking around or see through the reflections in mirrors. Also they're seen while attacking the hero.

I've decided to make the similar "mode" for Doom.

In my opinion, it's not enough just to add "+STEALTH" flag for every monster in decorate. Since "the gift of vision does not help" here, I've added the footstep sounds for every monster...and for the Doomguy too. Also, for extreme situations I've added the special automap in the inventory, which can show the enemies like the IDDT cheat if you enable this item. But you need some Cell charges to use this thing legally. I highly recommend to change the Automap visibility options - make it as overlay radar (like in Duke Nukem 3D) so this would be easier to play. Also, after few beta tests, I've decided to give a shotgun and a chaingun from the start.

There are 2 versions of this mod - "Light" and "Dark".
Light mod is just doing the things I've mentioned earlier. Dark mod also adds the horror atmosphere - darker locations, PSX sounds and Music by Aubrey Hodges.

I hope you'll like this. Have fun!

Download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/invisible-enemy-mode
MrRumbleRoses

Re: Invisible Enemy Mode

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

imagine this with it being randomized enemy wise. haha

Return to “Gameplay Mods”