(wip) Rock (new video)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wereabbit

(wip) Rock (new video)

Post by wereabbit »

Hello,
This is a short preview of my project: Rock
A non-linear map with larges open aeras (at least 2) and random scripted fights.

Stay tuned
Last edited by wereabbit on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: (wip) Rock

Post by MFG38 »

If you'll allow me to provide some constructive criticism, the layout of the caves, along with the repetitive texturing, is bound to make them pretty difficult to navigate without resorting to the automap. You may want to place some "landmarks" so the players can recognize certain areas easier and memorize their locations. Varied textures will also go a long way.

Also, while the premise of random encounters sounds intriguing, my only concern in regards to that is that the player will be up against impossible odds if they're unlucky enough. Hopefully there'll be some sort of "algorithm" that checks the player's resources and spawns enemies accordingly.

Anyway, the map itself looks pretty cool. I'll keep an eye peeled.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

This looks really good! I look forward to playing it. Also, personally to me it looks varied enough and not all that difficult to navigate so I need to disagree with the previous poster in that sense. Anyway so long as the combat is well thought out this map looks like it's going to be a really good time. I'm also really happy to see something that isn't just yet another techbase.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Loving how this looks! The verticality and use of 3D architecture looks really well done. I'm hearing Turok drumming in my mind as I'm watching this lol
wereabbit

Re: (wip) Rock (up)

Post by wereabbit »

MFG38 wrote:If you'll allow me to provide some constructive criticism, the layout of the caves, along with the repetitive texturing, is bound to make them pretty difficult to navigate without resorting to the automap.
It's absolutly wanted ^^
PRIMEVAL wrote:Loving how this looks! The verticality and use of 3D architecture looks really well done.

Now, some new pics, with a different mood

NexTheReal

Post by NexTheReal »

looks stunning, looking forward to try it out
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Makes me think of Unreal geometry. Nice work!
wereabbit

Post by wereabbit »

A little new video

Enjoy

Return to “Levels”