HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R14 (1 Jun 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gorec

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 12 jul 2019)

Post by Gorec »

oh yes another update and a big one :D
Spaceman333

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 12 jul 2019)

Post by Spaceman333 »

That 2018 stuff shocked me, its unbelievable how suddenly things can from safe to horrific. I am really happy you survived it and not only that, published an enourmous mega update for the mod. Thank you for staying alive and positive despite all that!
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 17 aug 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello again Doom mates! :)

First of all, I want to say a big 'thank you' for your kind words, I appreciate it a lot. Thanks again my friends... Hope the bad past things stay just there, in the past, although they occasionally be a pain remembering them. Life is really hard sometimes, sadly... :cry:

I have been still working in the mod this last four weeks, because I felt that in the last released version a few important things were missing; also it still had some silly bugs I have discovered recently, which of course I didn't want them to stay any longer in the mod. So then, here I bring for all of you a rather important update of the H-Project, with a significant list of changes described just below...

This is the recent changelog:
  • - Three new junky-robotic enemies have arrived from an unknown and far away dimension, all of them ready to prevent you from escaping alive of your doomish adventures. As usual, right? So then, let's take a quick look into their description to know more about them:
    • + Demondroid (a quite big metallic beast intended to serve as a war machine. It's equipped with an advanced scanner and a powerful blaster cannon installed on its mouth, and it constantly walks around and chases its opponents without mercy. If it runs out of energy when being attacked repeatedly, it will immediately enter into auto-destruction mode and will explode like a big bomb, so you should stay away when this happens).
      + Spectredroid (a stealth version of the aforementioned one, it may be more difficult to be detected, but otherwise it maintains the same behavior and the same attack patterns like the Demondroid. So don't forget, it should be better to avoid cornering him, because it will burst violently causing great damage to everything that is attached to it).
      + Cacotronic (another mechanical device programmed to search and destroy, but this one is a bigger menace because instead of relying on bio-mechanic legs it is supplied with a potent drone engine to fly anywhere and chase its targets at great speed. Also, its better armed with its integrated weapons, a mouth-cannon and eye-lasergun. So if you face one of them --or more than one-- you should get ready to aim and shoot your best weaponry to survive!)
    - A new special monster weapon is available from now: the Tentacle Twinblazer! And as you might have guessed, this is the toy that the Tenta-brothers have equipped on their shoulders to attack the player. Now with some luck, you'll be able to steal it from them once they are shot down. By the way, this is the first weapon in the mod that is able to use two different types of ammunition! Specifically, its primary fire shots Tentacombust's fireballs (using Gasoil ammo for it) and the secondary fire releases Tentachemical's venom bolts (employing Venom ammo likewise).

- Following with special monster weapons, the Tartarus Keeper's Magic Staff has been improved with some extra elemental bolts: in addition to Fire, Ice and Venom bolts now it can also shoot Electric and Stone bolts! So while its primary fire shots a random elemental bolt, the secondary fire releases now a burst of five different elemental bolts (for example, Fire, Ice, Electric, Stone and Venom, but the sequence may vary randomly from one fire button press to another). Likewise, the Tartarus Keeper monster now employs the same attack pattern, shooting also five elemental bolts instead of only three, so keep it in mind when you face him on the depths of Hell! :!:

- Replaced the Glint Master's primary attack electric bolts for another different ones (because they resembled too much the Tartarus Keeper's ones, so from now and due to recent changes, each aforementioned monster use their own exclusive projectiles).

- The Ying Yang Slither has gained a new attack: the multi-coloured Killer Wave, which makes it even a bigger menace than before. In addition to attacking the player just by tossing cursed coins, this masked ghastly specimen can release a really powerful sonic-wave attack that instead of bouncing around walls and floors, it will explode immediately in contact with any opponent or surface, causing considerable radius damage. Take care and avoid it at all costs! (By the way, if you get too overwhelmed with this extremely slippery beast, your best option might be the use of seeker projectile weapons, so remember this tip for future confrontations).

- Now the player can't drain Health Points from the destroyable Toxic Barrels when he is under the effects of the Draining Potion and his health is less than 100%. (Discovered by chance from a video I saw a few days ago in YouTube by user ObjButters, so special thanks going to him!) :thumb:

- The Calming Pills sprite has been updated by a better made one. (Yeah, I didn't like much the previous one due to its too low detail, it looked like a small flask of coloured anisets). :mrgreen:

- Fixed a minor issue related to the Flux Wave Cannon, where the bouncing sound of the fired wave missiles was completely missing.

- Updated the HXRTC-HUD for compatibility with the new Tentacle Twinblazer monster weapon.

- Some other minor tweaks and bugfixes.
That's almost all from now, check the updated download links at first post as usual!

Enjoy it and have fun, my dear Doom comrades! Nice doomsday to everyone... 8-)
ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

Great work! Thank you. With each update it is better and more interesting. There is only a request. Could you pack the mod in pk3 format? The problem is that when playing on Delta Touch, the modes in pk7 decompress much longer and harder, which leads to freezes. I usually repack your mod and add-ons in pk3 for personal use. The weight becomes a little more, but it feels more comfortable to play.
barosans

Post by barosans »

hexereticdoom, your mod crash by discovering a secret room with the version 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 of GZDoom ( in 4.0.0 , this work)
GamingMarine
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GamingMarine »

barosans wrote:hexereticdoom, your mod crash by discovering a secret room with the version 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 of GZDoom ( in 4.0.0 , this work)
That doesn't seem to happen for me. Try updating GZDoom to 4.2.0.
batos2

Post by batos2 »

This mod is great, but for me it requires a nerfing:

-Items that are not weapons should not be replaced by handguns and assault rifles.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Alptraum »

Such a packed out gameplay mod ^^
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 1 sep 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there Doom pals, how is it going? B-)

You know, this last week I had to make a small but necessary update to fix a few strange issues I detected recently in the mod, and also I have taken the chance to insert some minor new features not included in previous release. So then, here is the little list of changes:
  • - Added a new enemy: the Impbot! This walking scrap-metal guy joins forces now with the recently recruited mechanical foes (Demondroid, Spectredroid and Cacotronic) although due to its lightness, it is not as powerful as the aforementioned ones, but it could still be quite annoying if you face more than one of them in rare situations. Blast it staying away from its laser arm and you should be OK! :whip:
    - Fixed an issue related to Mauler Demon and Mauler Spectre monsters behaviour, which in certain circunstances they could end up wrongly walking in the air after making their headbutt attack, specially in maps with floors at different levels. :!:
    - Included a new extra sprite for the Boss Brain (Oremor Nhoj) to show a more painful state when being defeated by the player (in wads where he is completely visible, like in Scythe I & II plus other ones).
    - Some other minor tweaks and fixings.
I recommend to update your mod copies ASAP, please go now to first post for the latest download links!

Enjoy, have fun and nice Doomsday to everyone... 8-)
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 1 sep 2019)

Post by Alptraum »

I was wondering, do you think about making a Lite Version? You know, with lesser monsters or weapons?
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition (Updated 12 sep 2019)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Alptraum wrote:I was wondering, do you think about making a Lite Version? You know, with lesser monsters or weapons?
Nope at this stage, sorry... But as alternative, you can pick up a previous version of the mod like the good old Final Edition or even the older one v3.7 SE (Mediafire mirror is still active). :idea:

On the other hand, I have uploaded some minutes ago a maintenance release of the mod which includes a little cosmetic changes for some enemies, and also a few bugfixes recently discovered in previous version. Here's the current (small) changelog for this one:
  • - Tweaked and improved some enemies with the next features:
    • + The Underworld Minion has gained a long-range attack, now it is able to spit a burst of small fireballs in a similar way like his big daddy, the Underworld King. (By the way, now its chasing movement is less erratic than before).
      + Slightly tweaked the Beholder's tri-laser attack, now instead of firing directly (without warning) three red lasers to player, it now has a 'charging' phase before firing three different colour lasers: red, green and blue. (This change is only visual; the new coloured lasers just keep the same properties like the red ones).
      + Added a 'charge' sound effect for the Black Imp and the Master Black Imp's attack movements.
    - Now all the enemies that can perform a flame attack (fiery or poisonous, for example) will be a bit smarter, so now they will always face the player when making a strafe movement trying to avoid it.
    - Issue fixings for some Decorate actors that were still susceptible to the same strange walk-in-the-air behavior after chasing the player through A_SkullAttack function, like the Satyr and the Underworld Minion.
    - Added some missing light definitions to a few enemy projectiles, like the Blizzard Soul's icy spike-projectile shards, and also added a smoke trail to Underworld King's big fireballs.
    - Some other minor tweaks, bugfixes and code optimizations.
Updating your mod copies is not mandatory but recommended. (Please take special care if you update it within a current Doom game you're playing).

Keep having fun, and I wish you a nice Doomsday to everyone... 8-)
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

The only problem I have with this mod is that it is quite hard to choose a skill level that works for me, since I have no idea what the different skill levels actually do to the gameplay. What's more, anyone new to this mod may have the same problem. There are a couple of ways other modders have solved this problem with their own mods.

Some mods that add new skill levels show exactly what the new skills do by adding a piece of text that displays at the bottom of the screen when you move the cursor over each skill. Others add a confirmation screen like the one that shows up when you select "Nightmare". Could you please add something like this to this mod?
Deustcherrr

Post by Deustcherrr »

this mod is amazing but there's something that is really annoying.... that siren is everywhere and always on and i don't like it, there's some way to disable it?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

IDKrisis wrote:The only problem I have with this mod is that it is quite hard to choose a skill level that works for me, since I have no idea what the different skill levels actually do to the gameplay. What's more, anyone new to this mod may have the same problem. There are a couple of ways other modders have solved this problem with their own mods.

Some mods that add new skill levels show exactly what the new skills do by adding a piece of text that displays at the bottom of the screen when you move the cursor over each skill. Others add a confirmation screen like the one that shows up when you select "Nightmare". Could you please add something like this to this mod?
Good idea... I'm doing some tests these days with MENUDEF, so I'll try to implement your suggestion on next mod update. :wink:
Deustcherrr wrote:this mod is amazing but there's something that is really annoying.... that siren is everywhere and always on and i don't like it, there's some way to disable it?
Yeah, there's a way, but you'll have to edit the mod manually to remove (or disable with //) all the RedStrobeLight dropitem lines included in the randomspawners from ACTORS/DECORATION lump. Once done, the siren lights won't spawn on levels anymore.
Deustcherrr

Post by Deustcherrr »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
IDKrisis wrote:The only problem I have with this mod is that it is quite hard to choose a skill level that works for me, since I have no idea what the different skill levels actually do to the gameplay. What's more, anyone new to this mod may have the same problem. There are a couple of ways other modders have solved this problem with their own mods.

Good idea... I'm doing some tests these days with MENUDEF, so I'll try to implement your suggestion on next mod update. :wink:
Deustcherrr wrote:this mod is amazing but there's something that is really annoying.... that siren is everywhere and always on and i don't like it, there's some way to disable it?
Yeah, there's a way, but you'll have to edit the mod manually to remove (or disable with //) all the RedStrobeLight dropitem lines included in the randomspawners from ACTORS/DECORATION lump. Once done, the siren lights won't spawn on levels anymore.

many thanks!! and there's something that i can change for making the ammo and the berserk to appear less often?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”