Gz Doom doesnt have wad selection menu

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Gz Doom doesnt have wad selection menu

Post by Guest »

I have tried the commands queryiwad 1, queryiwad true, but they seem to not work. Any Solutions?
Enjay

Re: Gz Doom doesnt have wad selection menu

Post by Enjay »

Please describe in more detail what you are trying to do and what your setup is like.

Where did you try queryiwad 1? (You type it at the console, then quit and restart to see its effects.)
Where are your IWADs (i.e. can GZDoom find them all)?
Do you expect a WAD selection menu for add on WADs (pwads)? GZDoom doesn't do that.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This sounds like the game wasn't fully installed. If the game_support.pk3 is missing the engine cannot find the IWADs.

Post by Guest »

i typed the command in the console but nothing happened. no results
my iwads are all in the gzdoom folder
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

As per Graf's post, is game_support.pk3 also there?

Return to “Technical Issues”