John Carmack in Joe Rogan show

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Apeirogon

John Carmack in Joe Rogan show

Post by Apeirogon »

Apparently, carmack not so popular as romero, because anybody here dont know that he was a guest in joe rogan show/podcast/series/choose yourself. Or create topic about it.
Here link to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udlMSe5-zP8
In short, he told a lot of interesting things about game development in whole and technologies in video games/computers.

Also, he said "doom" there at least 6 times, "wolfenstein" 4 times and "quake" 5 times.
Nash

Re: John Carmack in Joe Rogan show

Post by Nash »

Apeirogon wrote:because anybody here dont know that he was a guest in joe rogan show/podcast/series/choose yourself. Or create topic about it.
This was literally posted - and reposted to heck actually - everywhere on other Doom-related social media though. :P

(eg Twitter, Facebook, other forums etc).
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

Thanks for an interesting "read". Man I can only read what this guy says, such a machine of pure intelligence, a flow of thought.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Urgh/meh @ joe.

but probably the most interesting relevant bit to me was early on in about lowering detail, and how Carmack and id were frustrated by competitive events showing less-than-ideal detail settings for competitive advantages - which throws the q3 scene's "NO DETAILS AND LIGHTING IS CARMACKS VISION OF GAMING" revisionism excuses out the window (as if carmack's intent on bringing the graphics bar higher weren't obvious enough to them)

Relatedly, there's also the later bit on how Quake can't work in VR because of the movement required. I keep telling some folks how OA in VR is a BAD IDEA that I don't like and that hammers down why.

Return to “Off-Topic”