Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MrRumbleRoses

Re: Lt. Typhon v5: massive guns

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

so where does the vo come from for Typhon?
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Loving the new update however a couple of things are bothering me/could be changed

Would it be possible to add an option to change the mugshot. While the new one looks cool I prefer the old one honestly also and option to disable those teleporting ghouls as these are become a bit of an annoyance on certain map packs specifically ones where you are unable to rush around and need to pick off targets carefully at choke points take plutonia 2 for instance I am currently on map 3 near the blue door and there is two of those teleporter things there and since this is a spot you cant just rush without taking a lot of damage these damn things keep on spawning making this area more frustrating.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:so where does the vo come from for Typhon?
It's Diane Salinger's voicework for the orcs from Skyrim :)
hammer oz wrote:Loving the new update however a couple of things are bothering me/could be changed
Would it be possible to add an option to change the mugshot. While the new one looks cool I prefer the old one honestly also and option to disable those teleporting ghouls as these are become a bit of an annoyance on certain map packs specifically ones where you are unable to rush around and need to pick off targets carefully at choke points take plutonia 2 for instance I am currently on map 3 near the blue door and there is two of those teleporter things there and since this is a spot you cant just rush without taking a lot of damage these damn things keep on spawning making this area more frustrating.
Grab the mod again, i removed the ghouls earlier cuz they were causing too many issues :D
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Skelegant wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:so where does the vo come from for Typhon?
It's Diane Salinger's voicework for the orcs from Skyrim :)
hammer oz wrote:Loving the new update however a couple of things are bothering me/could be changed
Grab the mod again, i removed the ghouls earlier cuz they were causing too many issues :D
if ya removed the ghouls. i would of thought the link might of changed or something. cause i was expecting it to have like a different name
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Mediafire lets you update files without needing to update the links :)
Tohg7.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tohg7. »

Excuse me Skelegant, do you think it would be a good idea for Gondolas to be able to be Grabbed (Picked up with a single punch) and carried in weapon slot 10, The Gondola on pickup will lose it's helmet and shotgun and you will have to equip it and put it down with M1 in order to give the helmet and shotgun back to The Gondola?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tohg7. wrote:Excuse me Skelegant, do you think it would be a good idea for Gondolas to be able to be Grabbed (Picked up with a single punch) and carried in weapon slot 10, The Gondola on pickup will lose it's helmet and shotgun and you will have to equip it and put it down with M1 in order to give the helmet and shotgun back to The Gondola?
I considered adding that in this update but i'll probably add it in the next one (there's gonna be one or two new weapons in the next update too :D )
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

Skelegant wrote:
Tohg7. wrote:Excuse me Skelegant, do you think it would be a good idea for Gondolas to be able to be Grabbed (Picked up with a single punch) and carried in weapon slot 10, The Gondola on pickup will lose it's helmet and shotgun and you will have to equip it and put it down with M1 in order to give the helmet and shotgun back to The Gondola?
I considered adding that in this update but i'll probably add it in the next one (there's gonna be one or two new weapons in the next update too :D )
The never-ending madness. Yay! :lol:

I love it. ^^
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Just made a Typhon vanilla reskin for anyone who enjoys the character and guns but prefers vanilla gameplay, it's available here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=61919
few screenies cuz why not

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Vanilla reskin? So we can play good ol' DOS doom with the graphical change like this? That's very interesting!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Captain J wrote:Vanilla reskin? So we can play good ol' DOS doom with the graphical change like this? That's very interesting!
Exactly :) There's instructions for loading them in chocolate doom on the download page
Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. »

I've also been thinking if there could be a new Melee weapon that you can get by Picking up (Punching) a Long Torch to use it as a Staff.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tohg7. wrote:I've also been thinking if there could be a new Melee weapon that you can get by Picking up (Punching) a Long Torch to use it as a Staff.
I'm not planning on making primary light sources breakable as they're often put in maps for a reason (like the torches at the end of tnt map30) plus they're all a bit too weedy for Typhon to be using as weapons :D I will be adding more grabbable probs at some point tho
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

She already grabs balls and crushes them when the enemy is not paying attention.
You should not mess with this woman. :P
Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. »

I think i just came up with an idea! What if Melee weapons also activated Switches?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”