Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

Post by silentzora »

DabbingSquidward wrote:No, not for queueing monsters. But you can queue gibs too. So, instead of disabling blood and gore entirely, you can set a soft limit to how many gibs can exist at the same time. Since this is controlled by the sv_corpsequeuesize CVar, everyone can set this to their preference depending on their computer performance. If you set it to 1000 (which you likely never reach in vanilla maps anyway), and an 1001th gib piece is spawned, the oldest in the game is removed from play. WildWeasel's Accessories to Murder uses this to limit the amount of blood splats on floors and ceilings, because they're 3D models.
https://github.com/wildweasel486/ww-doo ... enudef.txt, line 37
I'll keep it in mind for blood and gibs. By default, blood sticks around for 30 seconds, and gibs stick around for 60, though this will be customizable in the next release. I think you'll be hard pressed to generate over 1000 gibs in that amount of time, though 64 would be quite easy to do. I dunno. Kinda on the fence on this one.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Like in the example I linked on the previous page, you can add a slider to the Zagemod options menu, with the minimum & maximum values and the increments per step. You can label it "max blood and gore" or something similar.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Like in the example I linked on the previous page, you can add a slider to the Zagemod options menu, with the minimum & maximum values and the increments per step. You can label it "max blood and gore" or something similar.
I've gone ahead and implemented this feature for blood and gibs in the dev version. I can say there's a marked improvement in performance now. Still need to play with the menu a little bit so I can make it all customizable, but still, definitely a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Incidentally, I'm also going through and trying to optimize some VFX with the NoInteraction flag. It's better, but not where I want it to be just yet. The mod does chug a bit for me on Scythe 2's MAP30, but at least it's not as bad as it was in the last official release. I'll keep poking at it and see what else I can optimize.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.5 Released, Page 16)

Post by silentzora »

Zagemod v1.3.5 is now live! New version fixes bugs from previous release, and heavily optimizes gore code. View the changelog for details.

Download Zagemod v1.3.5

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Iniquitatis
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Iniquitatis »

Ouch. It's getting messy. =)

Thanks for the update, by the way!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Zagemod v1.3.6 is on the way, and will be featuring some new enemies to fight. But while I'm working on the next release, something came to my attention recently that needs to be addressed.

The previous release contains a nasty game crashing bug, and it's related to the corpse queue system. When I implemented the system for the blood and gibs, I did so incorrectly. The way it's set up currently is that blood and gibs are added to the queue when spawned, but when they disappear due to their timer elapsing, they aren't actually removed from the queue. So, when it comes time for them to be removed from the game world, and they no longer exist, GZDoom crashes hard.

This will be fixed in the next release. It's already been fixed in the development built, but the update isn't quite ready for release yet. In the meantime, if you are having problems regarding an Access Violation related crash, please go into Zagemod Settings under Options and set the Blood and Gibs Queue option to -1 to disable queueing. This restores the original behavior for blood and gibs, and should suffice until the update is ready to go.

No ETA on the next update.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

You're doing great as usual. Looking forward to it!
Kaptin

Post by Kaptin »

I really hope that new update brings us scavenger mod for ammunition so I won't waste shotguns shells because my shotgun has 99 bullets and it swallows the whole pack of 25 bullets to refill my one bullet.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Kaptin wrote:I really hope that new update brings us scavenger mod for ammunition so I won't waste shotguns shells because my shotgun has 99 bullets and it swallows the whole pack of 25 bullets to refill my one bullet.
https://github.com/argv-minus-one/gzdoom-use-to-pickup

This should do what you want. It's autoload ready and in the options you can bind a key to toggle it on and off. With it, items are only picked up when pointed at and 'used'. Kinda like in RPGs like Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Kaptin wrote:I really hope that new update brings us scavenger mod for ammunition so I won't waste shotguns shells because my shotgun has 99 bullets and it swallows the whole pack of 25 bullets to refill my one bullet.
I have no plans to implement Smart Scavenger or anything similar into the mod.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Showing off some of the new features in v1.3.6, so far. Been a while since I shot a vid of anything.

New features of note:
* New zombie variants, including a Possessed Soldier inspired variant from Doom 2016
* Bullet tracers, can be toggled on/off in menu
* Updated HUD to NC HUD v2.6.0, can manually set hud colors now
* Gore no longer crashes game (whew!)

To do:
* More zombies (scientists, anyone?)
* Returning Imp variants from previous projects
* A "f*ck it, spawn everything" option for zombies 'n imps
* One explodey boi
* ...Maaaaaybe some sorta rocket zombie? Iunno, haven't decided yet

More to come.
Kaptin

Post by Kaptin »

silentzora wrote:Showing off some of the new features in v1.3.6, so far. Been a while since I shot a vid of anything.

New features of note:
* New zombie variants, including a Possessed Soldier inspired variant from Doom 2016
* Bullet tracers, can be toggled on/off in menu
* Updated HUD to NC HUD v2.6.0, can manually set hud colors now
* Gore no longer crashes game (whew!)

To do:
* More zombies (scientists, anyone?)
* Returning Imp variants from previous projects
* A "f*ck it, spawn everything" option for zombies 'n imps
* One explodey boi
* ...Maaaaaybe some sorta rocket zombie? Iunno, haven't decided yet

More to come.
Hey, nice work but I wanted to ask if there is going to be smooth doom patch so animations get more smooth and easier to react to them if it's already there then sorry for asking.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Kaptin wrote:Hey, nice work but I wanted to ask if there is going to be smooth doom patch so animations get more smooth and easier to react to them if it's already there then sorry for asking.
There will not be a Smooth Doom patch. It would require a complete overhaul of the mod, and a ton of spritework. I also wouldn't call it a patch.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.6 Preview, Page 16)

Post by silentzora »

Getting closer to release. Doom 3 Imp spawns are done, so are Scientists. Just a little bit longer, doing some final testing.

silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.6 RELEASED, Page 16)

Post by silentzora »

Zagemod v1.3.6 is released!

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Important: As of v1.3.6, Zagemod makes extensive use of the Corpse Queue system for VFX cleanup. If you're having issues with VFX not displaying or disappearing prematurely, go to Zagemod Settings and set the VFX Queue setting to a higher value (or -1 to disable queueing).

Download Zagemod v1.3.6

Return to “Gameplay Mods”