Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Lt. Typhon v5: massive guns

Post by NTSM »

Hm ... I can still remember the time of Brutal Doom.
Since the Doomguy could even grab Lostsouls and throw at his opponents.
Maybe you can do that with her in the future? ^^
Since Typhon can already grab so much. :wink:
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

That'd require custom monsters, which would break compatibility with monster packs. I'm thinking of making a really beefy monster pack at some point to fit with Typhon's story, and if I do I'll definitely add grabbable lost souls and other fun stuff :D
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

Excuse me if I spam here with posts.
But apparently there is an item-counter bug?
I've collected all sorts of items on some maps, and yet there are supposedly always a handful of items left on the map. oo

Therefore, I have with the command: "remove" deleted all items on the map for test.
It was then 0, but when I collect all the items, some item seems to increase the maximum number. Instead of counting only the collected ones.

Maybe you look into the mod, whether any item counts twice?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

NTSM wrote:Excuse me if I spam here with posts.
I've collected all sorts of items on some maps, and yet there are supposedly always a handful of items left on the map. oo
Therefore, I have with the command: "remove" deleted all items on the map for test.
It was then 0, but when I collect all the items, some item seems to increase the maximum number. Instead of counting only the collected ones.
I haven't come across that error, could you go into more detail please? I'm sure I must have given some item a flag I shouldn't have :D
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

Skelegant wrote:
NTSM wrote:Excuse me if I spam here with posts.
I haven't come across that error, could you go into more detail please? I'm sure I must have given some item a flag I shouldn't have :D
I will check out all the items and see which of these items will increase the maximum number of items when collecting them. rather than the number of collected.

I'll get back.

PS: i notice that on Map 10 (Standart Doom 2 Map)
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

NOW i have a hit.
One of the Problems is the Supershotgun & Demonic Supershotgun.
OK. It gets a bit complicated to explain. xD
When the supershotgun spawns, it generates an item in the maximum counter just like the demonic ones.

But when collecting the demonic one, the counter does not count that this was collected.
Strange is...
In Map 10 doesn't exist a Supershotgun? Oo
Maybe a other Item too?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Ah, that'll be the actors used to check if you have the ssg, there's a similar one for the bio upgrades and that'll be what's causing the issue in map10. I just added -countkill and it should work fine now :)
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

Skelegant wrote:Ah, that'll be the actors used to check if you have the ssg, there's a similar one for the bio upgrades and that'll be what's causing the issue in map10. I just added -countkill and it should work fine now :)
Great! ^^
Now I hope we have fixed all item statistics points? :)
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

of all the gameplay type mods i've played for Doom. this is one of my favorites. it's one of the most badass looking gameplay mods made thus far and the female character herself, holy shit man. hahaha. i'm sorta thinking of using this mod in a randomizer run of Doom with Sigil replacing episode 3 and maybe even Doom II as well. the one thing that i find kinda crazy though, is the random encounters of the evil Typhon clone. i feel like she could be a good rare replacement for the Cyberdemon or something
Last edited by MrRumbleRoses on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NTSM

Post by NTSM »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:the one thing that i find kinda crazy though, is the rand om encounters of the evil Typhon clone. i feel like she could be a good rare replacement for the Cyberdemon or something
I can just agree with it. :D
ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

Very disappointed with the latest update. Such things need to be done optionally disabled. And it's better not to do at all. If I want to play with respawn monsters, then I choose the appropriate level of difficulty.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

ANTARES74 wrote:Very disappointed with the latest update. Such things need to be done optionally disabled. And it's better not to do at all. If I want to play with respawn monsters, then I choose the appropriate level of difficulty.
I really like the strategy involved with the new stuff, but I do know a few people dislike respawning monsters. It'd be way more helpful if you said what it is you dislike about it cuz then I'd have more to go on for tweaking it :D like, do you not like respawning monsters in general? Cuz if that's the case I could probably make a cvar to toggle it
ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

Skelegant. Well, but it will be a long time.) To begin with, about the gustatory portals, from where translucent monsters come from. As I understand it, this can only be stopped by destroying the stones? So on one of the PBR-15 cards there is a place where it is impossible to get a stone. And a crowd of these monsters has formed. Twenty pieces. At least it is necessary to somehow limit their number of spawn. Here is a place that revives monsters. Spider was reborn three times in a row. Not to mention other trifles. You need to come up with something so that the Lieutenant could somehow close such places or again limit the amount of respawn possible. Further, I always liked combining your mod with the sm4BBgorev mod for dismemberment and gibps. Now, when you connect it, monsters reborn invisible. In fact, these add-ons change the gameplay to Nightmare difficulty. This is better to release as a separate supplement, whoever likes, can use it for their pleasure.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

i am just going to say that maybe make the bullet pierce the floating eye, so to not break the mechanics in SIGIL
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

ANTARES74 wrote:Skelegant. Well, but it will be a long time.) To begin with, about the gustatory portals, from where translucent monsters come from. As I understand it, this can only be stopped by destroying the stones? So on one of the PBR-15 cards there is a place where it is impossible to get a stone. And a crowd of these monsters has formed. Twenty pieces. At least it is necessary to somehow limit their number of spawn. Here is a place that revives monsters. Spider was reborn three times in a row. Not to mention other trifles. You need to come up with something so that the Lieutenant could somehow close such places or again limit the amount of respawn possible. Further, I always liked combining your mod with the sm4BBgorev mod for dismemberment and gibps. Now, when you connect it, monsters reborn invisible. In fact, these add-ons change the gameplay to Nightmare difficulty. This is better to release as a separate supplement, whoever likes, can use it for their pleasure.
That's way more helpful, thanks :) Ok so the rapidly spawning ghouls was actually fixed soon after uploading as that was a bug, they spawn much more rarely now and when they do there's a cooldown period before one can spawn again. I'm not sure why revived monsters become invisible with the gore mod tho. I'm still tweaking everything so don't worry about Typhon being like this forever :D i just like playing around with new gameplay ideas.
and yes i'm gonna sort the evil eyes out, i meant for them to take a few shots to hit to make sigil more challenging but as it is it kinda slows it down too much

[edit] Just removed the ghouls, I'll fiddle with them at some point but for now it's better just to take em out and add them back in when they're more polished/less bullshit :D
I also reduced the evil eye's hp so you can kill it and hit the switch behind it with one shotty blast or 2-3 bullets, should work fine with Sigil now :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”