DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
memredi

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by memredi »

Carrotear wrote:The game lags as soon as I start. I have fancy barrels and such turned off.
try running on LZDoom
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

dddxdu wrote:
Carrotear wrote:The game lags as soon as I start. I have fancy barrels and such turned off.
try running on LZDoom

Thanks it worked!
Quake161

Post by Quake161 »

Quick question. When playing on Adaptive, is it supposed to jump from UV to Armageddon immediately after one level? Only reason I ask is because Combat Shock and Sunder have been smearing me lately with multiple flying bosses.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Heeeeere you go:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=58283

It's just a misc/secret randomizer. I had plans for a big DoomRLA sound replacement patch but i think i need to finish other knots around my mods before preparing for something big. =p

EDIT: Super Machinegun takes 2x times the ammo when reloading. I suppose it's intentional, right?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Quake161 wrote:Quick question. When playing on Adaptive, is it supposed to jump from UV to Armageddon immediately after one level? Only reason I ask is because Combat Shock and Sunder have been smearing me lately with multiple flying bosses.
Sounds like you turned on Curse of RNGesus and picked up a Unique+ item.
GAA1992 wrote:Heeeeere you go
Added to main post!
GAA1992 wrote:EDIT: Super Machinegun takes 2x times the ammo when reloading. I suppose it's intentional, right?
yep. bigge booelet
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Yholl wrote:Sounds like you turned on Curse of RNGesus and picked up a Unique+ item.
That setting doesn't look dangerous unlike some of the obvious ones that aren't intended to be fair, and certainly not when adaptive was broken for a while so it had virtually no effect.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Okay playing with Adaptive Difficulty and had Rngesus ON and I got the most common legendary item in the first map, the Angelic Armour.

after that Second map had nothing but Watchers in place of Imps, Magmabuses in place of Mancubus, Cyber Knights in place of HK and of course Cacoabysses instead of Caco and god hell no, TONS of Mechatrosities and Hungries!

(Watchers and Hungos kept respawning and biting my angelic butt)

I turned RNGesus OFF after coming to the forums to check out what was the deal and also rest the difficulty to Adaptive thru "Change skill in map" cause I don't wana lose my holy status

I'm on map 6 now and there is nothing but these monsters that I have been encountering.

(I also found the new Modpack and its quite silly but worth the inclusion)

Overall I have mastered the ability to dodge Watchers and my health has remained below 40 ever since, please tell me if I'm doing it right.
Spoiler:
Quake161

Post by Quake161 »

Thanks, Yholl.

The spike (as Machine-Reaper was stating) caught me waaaay off guard. Kept the "Curse of RNGnes" on on the previous version and completely forgot about it. Going through 4 Abominants with at best a heavy shotgun is.....horrifying.
meril

Post by meril »

Is there any indication when Mother-in-law is ready to fire?
BTW, this mod is awesome! But hunger (balls with teeth) is OP :/ Especially when playing without saves... Those fuckers can kill so fast I even din't change weapon in time. Maybe you should nerf them a little? :oops:
RevanGarcia
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by RevanGarcia »

Is this map part of the mod?

If so, how can I get there?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm using GZDoom v3.5.1 and it works fine but, the small column of light that appears in the image doesn't seem to appear on the items while I'm playing. Is it because of the version of GZDoom I'm using?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

RevanGarcia wrote:Is this map part of the mod?

If so, how can I get there?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm using GZDoom v3.5.1 and it works fine but, the small column of light that appears in the image doesn't seem to appear on the items while I'm playing. Is it because of the version of GZDoom I'm using?
its called rl_item map

its basically a map with all the stuff inside the mod that you can test, you can access it by using changemap command.

however currently it doesn't include the latest stuff Yholl just put inside the mod. (Super Rare Modpack etc)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Machine-Reaper wrote:its called rl_item map

It's called RL_TITEM for some reason.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

meril wrote:Is there any indication when Mother-in-law is ready to fire?
Planned for the next little update.
RevanGarcia wrote:I forgot to mention, I'm using GZDoom v3.5.1 and it works fine but, the small column of light that appears in the image doesn't seem to appear on the items while I'm playing. Is it because of the version of GZDoom I'm using?
The rarity beams only appear to the Technician, it's one of his abilities. Due to peer pressure, I eventually added a menu option that enables it for all classes as well.
Enjay wrote:It's called RL_TITEM for some reason.
Short for DRLA Test Items, hehe
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Plasma Refractor is OOOP now against bosses of any sort, especially in ammo to damage ratio.

Scientist should stop sulking.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”