[WIP] The Trooper - 0.3.4 [INFINITE HIATUS]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LOLANONIMUS

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.5 [CAVEAT EMPTOR]

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

I have a question: ¿how to reload the weapons?
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.5 [CAVEAT EMPTOR]

Post by TheRailgunner »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:I have a question: ¿how to reload the weapons?
With "R"?

Additional bugs:
*A number of weapons have melee problems during Quad Damage.
LOLANONIMUS

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - DEV 0.2.5 [CAVEAT EMPTOR]

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Tengo una pregunta en la versión dev esta la surfeit torment?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Tengo una pregunta en la versión dev esta la surfeit torment?
Updated link with Surfeit Torment start option. I changed the original start to the AS-46 to add a slight amount of difficulty, as well as to give players a reason to use it.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Y como equipo las super escopetas?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Y como equipo las super escopetas?
Select your secondary weapon (slot 2) and cycle through them with F and G until the M97 Super Shotgun is selected.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Select your secondary weapon (slot 2) and cycle through them with F and G until the M97 Super Shotgun is selected.[/quote]

F y G cuales usaers serian? por que yo uso delta touch
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:Select your secondary weapon (slot 2) and cycle through them with F and G until the M97 Super Shotgun is selected.
Ah, sorry - User 3 (F on a keyboard) and User 4 (G on a keyboard). I'm afraid I don't really know much about Delta Touch configuration.

At some point, I'm thinking of adding a weapon wheel for each slot - it'd probably be more convenient.
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

TheRailgunner wrote:
LOLANONIMUS wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:Select your secondary weapon (slot 2) and cycle through them with F and G until the M97 Super Shotgun is selected.
Ah, sorry - User 3 (F on a keyboard) and User 4 (G on a keyboard). I'm afraid I don't really know much about Delta Touch configuration.

At some point, I'm thinking of adding a weapon wheel for each slot - it'd probably be more convenient.
I think that'd be a pretty good idea, weapon slot system is a bit convoluted. i think it should scan what weapon slot you are wielding and open up the correspondent weapon wheel.4
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Link is down, could you re-upload again?

Edit: Umm i mean nevermind i found it
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, some goals:

*Fan Fire will be returning to the Surfeit Torment, a fifth upgrade (I may shuffle the upgrades a bit to accomodate, as it seems kind of underwhelming for a final upgrade).
*More weapons in general - I feel like I've been slacking and need to fill out the weapon roster already.
*Bug fixes - a few simple ones (like why fully half of the Crimson Spectre's upgrades do not seem to function, and why reloading the M97 with only spare ammo results in an full Extended Mag reload instead, not to mention various Quad Damage Melee problems) and a few complicated ones (mainly enemy-related stuff).
*Actually finishing the Angelsphere (and also fixing ITS bugs)
*Adding more variety in enemies and paring down the Mancubus to a single variant, hopefully fixing Dead Simple in the process.
*Better weapon rarity sorting - the player seems to gather weapons too quickly.
JohnStar145

Post by JohnStar145 »

Hey, I love the mod but there some things that are quite confusing,

First.... is the upgrades how do they work and how can I know if they are applied into the weapon? is there a certain key bind that we need to set first to use or apply the upgrade?

second.... the latest version (dev 0.2.5) is extremely hard you can't even get off the starting point without cheating to avoid being killed over and over and over again by just moving forward

Hopefully you'll reply to this comment cause this mod has good potential if it wasn't too hard
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

JohnStar145 wrote:Hey, I love the mod but there some things that are quite confusing,

First.... is the upgrades how do they work and how can I know if they are applied into the weapon? is there a certain key bind that we need to set first to use or apply the upgrade?

second.... the latest version (dev 0.2.5) is extremely hard you can't even get off the starting point without cheating to avoid being killed over and over and over again by just moving forward

Hopefully you'll reply to this comment cause this mod has good potential if it wasn't too hard
So...

Upgrades are automatic - while custom user key functions (5 through 0) won't be usable until an upgrade is gained, the upgrade is applied the moment you gain it. If, for example, you pick up a VSK7 Shotgun and gain 500 XP for it (the bottom-most number), you should see a message telling you that it now has Heavy Shells (also note that if you gain enough XP for an upgrade, but it doesn't tell you, then the weapon likely came with that upgrade - there is a chance for weapons to grant upgrades upon pickup - in the above example, it's pretty common for the VSK7 to come with Heavy Shells unlocked). I'm assuming that the proper keybinds (V for User 5, B for User 6, H for User 7, and J for User 8) are set.

It's also important to know that Player XP =/= Weapon XP. While you gain them from kills in the same amounts, Player XP determines the level of monsters around you, while Weapon XP shows progress until each upgrade. There are three numbers just above the weapons bar - the top number is your level, the middle number is Player XP, and the bottom number is Weapon XP.

Common weapons (white) have two upgrades, which are gained after 500 and 1000 XP. Uncommon weapons (green) also have two, which show up at 1000 and 2000 XP. Rares (blue) have three, at 1500, 3000, and 4500 XP. Legendaries (purple) have four, at 2500, 5000, 7500, and 10000 XP. Finally, Exotics (gold) have five, at 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000, and 12500 XP.

What maps are you starting on? If you're starting in an area where multiple hitscanners face you and surround you, you're definitely gonna have a bad time - I may try to find a way to protect the player in the opening 10-15 seconds of the game, just to make these kinds of starts not ridiculous.

Anyway, decided to upload an update with Fan Fire for the Surfeit Torment, a User 6 function. For now, it's unlocked by default, mostly because fun factor.

EDIT: Updated again, with better sprites for zoomed Fan Fire and slightly increased rate of fire. In addition, while Fan Fire is active, recoil is lessened significantly.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - DEV 0.2.5 [CROSSPLOSIONS]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Finally made the CROSSPLOSIONS! I might have to make it bluer...or make the beams more purple. The crossplosions may have to be larger, though.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.6 [ANGEL ATTACK]

Post by TheRailgunner »

So...0.2.5 is now complete - the Angelsphere now has full sound and visual effects!

I also added a new heavy (Slot 3) weapon - the K-JACK Photon Torpedo Launcher, a Legendary weapon (i.e., four upgrades). It launches photon torpedoes!

Altfire for the K-JACK fires a spread of five torpedoes.

EDIT: v0.2.6 is up, with the following changes:

*An Nishimura Seven start, for no particularly good reason.
*Extra difficulties! I added HMP+ and UV+ to the roster, and created three Nightmare difficulties, the last of which has the gimmick of supplying the best weapons and an endlessly expanding supply of ammo...for a price.
*Quit messages!
*HUD indicators that show you what upgrades you have, and how many to expect!
*Slight nerf for the Angelsphere's Angelic Eye Beams!

GO NUTS HERE!!!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”