Rebel Rumble V.1.8: Honey i forgot to Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Rebel Rumble V.1.6: Everlasting Battle Vigilance

Post by Captain J »

Breaking news! So i just played Rebel Rumble for a Hour ago and i wasn't so satisfied with the present stuff this mod has. Especially Arbalests Spamming their projectiles and Civilians Screaming for Help... CONSTANTLY. I'm sure you fellas also had the same pain. But worry not! I just fixed some of the major problems. And here are the Changes;

Code: Select all

- Increased Striker's Spotting Range and Marker effect, so you can predict where to Mark the Spot!

- Corrected some Misreading Pickup Messages. Like Lovebird Tag and Necochet.

- Increased Movie-Star Rifle's Rate of Fire. FINALLY.

- Increased SPAM Mines' Blast Radius

- Assailant's Grey Homing Missiles will 100% Hurt you when they directly hits you.

- Heavily nerfed Arbalest. I just couldn't stand against them Spamming Projectiles...

- Marksman's Projectile Position lowered because they don't do Jack Crap above the Ceiling.

- Double Crusher's Hitscan Attack does not kill Civilians anymore.

- Butaneer plays some pain sounds when get hit.

- Fixed Big Lardy's Problem where he only does Primary Fire after sending the Lader Reinforcement. Now he does extra attacks as intended.

- Nerfed Revoltte's Power Bomb Severely, but now its pallets spawn properly, does better job clearing the crowd.

- Slightly Decreased Sprayshot's Projectile Spread. Because you mostly cannot make direct hits from mid-range.

- The Hostages will talk less. FINALLY(1.5).

- Resisto's Power Bomb Flame will travel extra further.

- Increased Cavalry's Attacking Chance.
And however if you don't the changes, you can download the previous version of the mod and so the recent version at the First Page. Thanks for reading and have fun!
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

I played Rebel Rumble to make this video and I loved it so much. It really feels like a shmup with a first person perspective. And I thought Netronian Chaos was awesome enough...
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I'll be check out your video. Thanks for playing and liking my humble mod!☆
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

A little bit of update:

- Just like Netronian Chaos, i've lowered the volume of some footstep and diving sound effect.

- No more of enemies playing overused stock footstep sound for a change.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Any reason you didn't call it v1.6.1 or something along those lines? In my files I already have a v1.6 for this mod but by looking at the date on the mediafire link I see that the v1.6 uploaded there was at least uploaded today, so I am assuming that it is the new version, but just in case I figured I'd say something.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It's just a small, minor update to the mod. My mod number goes quite different than usual: I don't update the number unless it's a big update like Netronian Chaos'. Make sure you check out the upload date on medifire!
D2 Mod Player

Post by D2 Mod Player »

Your graphics make me smile. If I get the time to play some mods, I think your TC's would definitely shine above the crowd in originality and style to be one I choose to spend time with. Thank you for sharing your work with me. :)

PS, was stunned by your repository......
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Why thank you! I thought only Netronian Chaos was mostly noticed, but nice to see that Rebel Rumble is getting more attention still. Glad you like it!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well well... Since i made meself an Itch.io account, i would like to gather up some suggestions and see if what else i can add before the migration. Please let me know!
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Well since you ask, I do have some bugs/feedback:
-Picking up a timed powerup that you already have will not reset the duration - the pickup is just consumed without doing anything. This problem also occurs with the invulnerability caused by taking a hit as Resisto or Super-meleeing as Revolte. It also affects the HUD icon for the Guard Boi; picking up a Guard Boi and then picking up another will result in the HUD icon flashing and disapearing when one is still active.

-Deployed SPAMs normally float in the air, but SPAMs created by the Big SPAM Mine powerup sit on the ground.

-Grabbing multiple Big SPAM powerups at once will multiply the rate you create SPAMs accordingly - grab four or more Big SPAMs at once, and there will be more explosions than Boom Power in Nuts.wad.

-The duration of the Big SPAM powerup is really short. Given that it replaces the Backpack, which in most Doom levels is placed in an out-of-the-way place with no monsters around, I rarely if ever managed to find some combat to take advantage of it in.

-I think the melee attacks could use a buff; specifically, they would by more useful if they had autofire, allowing you to hold down the altfire key to swing continuously.

-Instead of refilling ammo for your current weapon, maybe the Ammo Bowx could be a brief infinite ammo powerup? I find it's easier just to chuck a weapon and find a new one rather than hunt around for a bowx (not to mention trying to avoid picking them up when you don't need them)

-Monsters-only version, pretty please?
Captain J

Re: Rebel Rumble V.1.7: Cool beans! A Big Update!

Post by Captain J »

revoltteandarsonist.png
Finally managed to migrate my another Doom 2 Gameplay Mod, Rebel Rumble to Itch.io! I heeded the feedback from the people of ZDoom Forum and update the mod along as well. I fixed what i can and here are the changes:
Spoiler:
Sorry about not making the monster-only version, but maybe in another time. Also Thanks so much for your love. Please check out the OP!
Last edited by Captain J on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
terminator44

Post by terminator44 »

Yes! Ever since you updated Netronian Chaos I hoped you would do the same for Rebel Rumble. I love it!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Why thank you! Enjoy the TC- :D

EDIT: Fixed the Jolly Quine's overall sprite. Redownload again!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

With the help of JuliusKoolius, Monster-only mod of Rebel Rumble is now available. Check this out, or just check out the OP!
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Awesome! The new Amo Bowx is definitely an improvement; it really lends itself to the "don't-think-just-run-n'-gun" gameplay now. The new weapons are nice too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”