Total Sound Modification for "FreeDoom"

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bratish
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Total Sound Modification for "FreeDoom"

Post by Bratish »

FreeDoom - is very coolest open analogue of legendary Doom. Everything is beautiful in it... Except sounds. No one ever corrected him, and therefore most of players ended their acquaintance with FreeDoom just because of the low-quality sounds of monster, weapons & more. But suddenly, one day, The Boy appeared who took upon himself task - completely, from scratch, to Re-Making Sounds of FreeDoom for modern Doom ports, so that players would have Full Feling of immersion in game. And it was - Bratish, which presents the whole FreeDoom-community it's Total Sound Modification or Sound Patch for his game!
  • 1. Over 160 sound files with high bitrate, 32-bit float and .wav format & ONLY for modern Doom-ports!
  • 2. In addition to standard sounds, own added sounds for main menu, monsters, some weapons and ambience!
  • 3. With permission of Rich Douglas, samples from his EpiQuake Sound Pak are used in Total Sound Modification for FreeDoom!
  • 4. Creative Commons 0 License!
Spoiler: About this mod
Download Total Sound Modification for Freedoom

Thruly yours Bratish, The Soundman.
Enjay

Re: Total Sound Modification for "FreeDoom"

Post by Enjay »

Interesting sound pack. I gave it a quick whirl and it does change the feel of FreeDoom. I'll play a few more maps tomorrow to get a better flavour of it.

I'm not convinced that as far as FreeDoom as a whole is concerned "Everything is beautiful in it..." though. :P There is a lot of unfinished stuff in there that really needs some work before it can be called "beautiful" (mostly sprites).
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

The download link is dead. Mind re-upping?
Tetzlaff

Post by Tetzlaff »

This sounds really interesting. Could anyone re-up the file?

edit: I found this https://yadi.sk/d/Rq8ejOR_G5wo_Q
Is this the mod file (FD_Total_Sound_Modification.pk3)?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”