screen tearing in gzdoom 4.1.3 win 10

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
ddmeltzer8

screen tearing in gzdoom 4.1.3 win 10

Post by ddmeltzer8 »

Hi.
Im having some baaad tearing in gzdoom 4.1.3,loded through zdl.I see it in every wad i play.Iv tried turning stuff on/off many times.
My res 1440p/fullscreen but no tearing in windowed.I tried to change some stuff in nvidia control panel but am not able to add gzdoom.
Im not sure what specs is relevant...

win 10
1070ti
3700x'
ssd's
all drivers updated

Sorry if theres anything i forgot.Let me know and il add it.

Thanks!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: screen tearing in gzdoom 4.1.3 win 10

Post by Rachael »

Is this a laptop or desktop?
ddmeltzer8

Post by ddmeltzer8 »

Desktop i built myself.
Thanks.
deathzero021
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by deathzero021 »

I just recently updated to the latest official gzdoom build and suddenly I am getting screen tearing when I never had the problem before. Previously I think I was using a development build of 3.9 (around that number I think) and never had screen tearing problems and I kept vsync off. Now regardless of vsync settings, I am getting bad screen tearing. I wonder what changed in the update to cause this. I'll try playing around with some settings and see if I can discover anything.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Are you using a laptop with a NVidia chipset? viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60226

If not, you told us nothing about your system so we can't figure out what's wrong.
deathzero021
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by deathzero021 »

I'm on a windows 10 x64 desktop with a Ryzen 5 3600x and GTX 1660 (updated drivers, etc). Anyway, enabling Vulkan actually fixes the screen tearing issue. Even with vsync off I get no screen tearing using Vulkan. I guess that's a temporary solution for now.
ddmeltzer8

Post by ddmeltzer8 »

Rachael wrote:Are you using a laptop with a NVidia chipset? viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60226

If not, you told us nothing about your system so we can't figure out what's wrong.
If u gonna participate in a discussion,maybe read all the posts...just a tip.
ddmeltzer8

Post by ddmeltzer8 »

deathzero021 wrote:I'm on a windows 10 x64 desktop with a Ryzen 5 3600x and GTX 1660 (updated drivers, etc). Anyway, enabling Vulkan actually fixes the screen tearing issue. Even with vsync off I get no screen tearing using Vulkan. I guess that's a temporary solution for now.
thanks,il give that a try.
Cheers.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

ddmeltzer8 wrote:If u gonna participate in a discussion,maybe read all the posts...just a tip.
Considering he just randomly bumped the discussion without giving any indication of what his hardware was, I think I did pretty well. If you're going to give "tips", be aware of the context within which you're giving it... just a tip.
rayburn

Post by rayburn »

GZDoom 4.7.1. Vulcan. Had a lot of tearing. Turning on VSync in settings seemed to have done nothing, but forcing VSync via NVIDIA control panel helped.

Return to “Technical Issues”