Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Hell-Forged - V. 1.00 Released! (See Page 1)

Post by Captain J »

Umm... Yeah. You mean this one. Right? So i turned it off but had no difference.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

By "texts on HUD", do you mean text that appears in the middle of the screen, like when you try to open a locked door and you don't have the key? If so, you can change the color of that from the [wiki]Message options[/wiki] menu. The option is called "Centered messages".
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Now i think i can elaborate the problem clearly. I mean the color of status texts shown in the Interface sprite. You know? Like Armor, Health, Keys and stuff? Those are just pitch black, hard to read when shrunken, and cannot be recolored no matter how i try.

If you need more explanation, let me know!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

You mean these...

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/1n32bS0[/imgur]
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

OH. *headslap*. Yeah I can fix those.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yes, those. Again, i'm not really familiar with english and is hard to elaborate sometimes. Sorry, but i'm glad you understood!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Status bar fixed, along with a bunch of other changes.

I'll be releasing v. 1.00A by the end of the month with a slew of changes focusing mainly on re balancing some of the weapons to be closer to those in Doom, as well as removing some more exploitable spots in the maps. After doing some testing against bots in Deathmatch, I think some re balancing is needed for the weapons without completely making them useless.

Please report any bugs you find before the end of the month, because this will be the last patch I'll be releasing until v1.1.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

hmm... I thought so called Exploit Spots were mostly intentional because of the difficulty. But gotta admit, those were glitchy. So you made a right decision! You just can't kill those imps caged at tall heights normally, with a Vorpal Blade.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:hmm... I thought so called Exploit Spots were mostly intentional because of the difficulty. But gotta admit, those were glitchy. So you made a right decision! You just can't kill those imps caged at tall heights normally, with a Vorpal Blade.
Nah, wanted to remove some spots where you can shoot the monsters but they can't fire back is all.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Hell-Forged is great! Enjoying it very much. The variety of weapon and weapon functions make the player think about what weapon should they use in each situation, and I like it. Also it's cool to see original Doom textures used in much more thematically cohesive way. And enemy sprites are superb, of course!

A minor nitpick: powered Vorpal Blade doesn't burn at the first frame during raising animation.
Spoiler:
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

m8f wrote:Hell-Forged is great! Enjoying it very much. The variety of weapon and weapon functions make the player think about what weapon should they use in each situation, and I like it. Also it's cool to see original Doom textures used in much more thematically cohesive way. And enemy sprites are superb, of course!

A minor nitpick: powered Vorpal Blade doesn't burn at the first frame during raising animation.
Spoiler:
Thanks! And thanks for reminding me. I actually have the frame made but I think I accidentally removed it when I was clearing DE resources.

Also, it still seems like the keys are in the wrong spot. I guess there is nothing I can do about that since it's a HUD scaling issue.

-------------------------------------
Just found a couple of bugs in the Hell Forge level. They will be fixed in the next patch.

1) The Green elevator in the Blue-area doesn't work because I lowered it all the way to the ground. to fix some texture misalignment.

2) The Green secret that is supposed to turn the lava in the Hellsmith arena to solid doesn't work.
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

It would be cool if the kick move was re-enabled while the vorpal sword lacks charge. Cause its kinda unfortunate you only get to kick ass (literally) in the first level.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

You could bind the kick to the Zoom or Reload buttons or something.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Updated to 1.00a : https://uofi.box.com/s/bjblw1kya7t2imrp8t0kuw8md5q04p08

Patch Notes are as follows:
Spoiler:
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

PM'd you something :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”