Parappa Apocalypse V1.7 - Terry Inspired Arcade Mod

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dewzanity
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Parappa Apocalypse V1.7 - Terry Inspired Arcade Mod

Post by Dewzanity »

So a couple years ago I created a Doom mod known as Parappa Apocalypse. I finally worked up the courage to release this mod because I created about 5% of the actual resources (sounds, sprites). So before I go into the description of this mod, huge credit to all resources used in the making of this mod.

I was inspired to make this mod from one of Nambona890's terry wads reviewed by Aquarius. I wanted to make a terry wad that was more appropriate, fun to play, and had silly resources that everyone can enjoy.

Anyway, Parappa Apocalypse is an arcade mod where the player must run around collecting resources, gaining points from kills and items, and survive as long as possible as the endless waves of who-knows-what keeps getting more and more restless and more and more plentiful until the player cannot live no longer.

Story : You play as a character who's favorite character ever is Parappa. You have these strange and real midnight hallucinations of a portal spawning in your bedroom leading you to a dimension of Parappas. Unfortunately, this is all a trick, and that portal led you to a dimension where ugly cartoons, evil ponies, and other such are all out to get you. This dimension is the 257th dimension, and it is all ran by Parappa himself! To escape back to earth, you must destroy Parappa once and for all, and you will be brought back to your home planet.

Monster Info
Spoiler:
Weapon Info
Spoiler:
Item Info
Spoiler:
Score Info
Spoiler:
Screenshots : None yet. New to Zdoom Forums so i dunno how to put screenshots.

Again, huge credit to all resources used in the making of this mod! Never would've made this mod if it wasn't for the resources, because I am #1 worst at making resources myself.

Hopefully this mod is enjoyable and tolerable. Hopefully there's no trouble with anything.

Here's the download. I'm always open for updating if there's a suggestion or bug. There shouldn't be a bug though, I've played this 10,000 times.

Current Version (Only version) : 1.7
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eut6p1vvz ... l.wad/file
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Parappa Apocalypse V1.7 - Terry Inspired Arcade Mod

Post by wildweasel »

I should hope that, despite your inspiration, this doesn't contain any of the infamous Terry traps. If anybody's found any ultra loud noises or "butt rape" references anywhere in this, your links are getting nuked. Sorry to take such a hardline stance, but I've seen more than enough of that stuff to last a lifetime and I should hope nobody else has to experience it either.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

An okay mod for a beginner, why you had to use some terry stuff in it is beyond me. Pretty much 60% of this wad uses Eriances weapons and random realm667 guns. The monsters themselves range from realm667 monsters to cartoon and terry enemies. If you indeed are daring enough to play this wad then please in the name of all that is holy turn your volume down unless you want your ears to go boom.

Overall this mod is oookaaayyyy.......... I mean some weapons behave differently than I expected and atleast the enemies are oddly balanced atleast on low difficulties. Final score....2/10 Hey atleast you tried, however the maps all used the same textures and for the most part everything is just slapped into a wad and thats it. I will give you props on the hud though.
Dewzanity
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Dewzanity »

wildweasel wrote:I should hope that, despite your inspiration, this doesn't contain any of the infamous Terry traps. If anybody's found any ultra loud noises or "butt rape" references anywhere in this, your links are getting nuked. Sorry to take such a hardline stance, but I've seen more than enough of that stuff to last a lifetime and I should hope nobody else has to experience it either.
There are no terry traps at all to be found anywhere. There are some loud noises in this, but it probably takes a lot of getting used to. I was aiming for an appropriate and actual fun kind of terry. Maybe I didn't do as well as I thought, idk.
An okay mod for a beginner, why you had to use some terry stuff in it is beyond me. Pretty much 60% of this wad uses Eriances weapons and random realm667 guns. The monsters themselves range from realm667 monsters to cartoon and terry enemies. If you indeed are daring enough to play this wad then please in the name of all that is holy turn your volume down unless you want your ears to go boom.

Overall this mod is oookaaayyyy.......... I mean some weapons behave differently than I expected and atleast the enemies are oddly balanced atleast on low difficulties. Final score....2/10 Hey atleast you tried, however the maps all used the same textures and for the most part everything is just slapped into a wad and thats it. I will give you props on the hud though.
The main reason why I used a lot of resources from Eriance and Realm667 stuff is because I am the absolute worst at creating my own weapon and enemy sprites, and it turns out to be absolutely awful. If I could make good looking sprites, I would.

I guess I just have a different taste in terry related things, so I guess this mod would be more towards people who don't hate terry randomness as much as most people. I wouldn't worry much about the resources and the randomness.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

For what it's worth, I popped this open in SLADE and went through the sound lumps one by one. While the majority of the sounds are louder than I'd be comfortable with, nothing seemed loud enough to be painful, compared to other Terrywads I've inspected (even the lump named "EARRAPE"). So, while I'm still not actually going to play this thing, you get to keep your download link.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”