Catus Canyon

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RockectTopped

Catus Canyon

Post by RockectTopped »

Hi. I'm a new user on here had decided to make an account on this site after posting some of my maps on DoomWorld for abit
Spoiler:
This wad was made only using the Zdoom (an extremely dead sourceport)due to the fact I only have a craptop available at the moment so I'm not sure how it's gonna look on gzdoom since I learned that missing textures can still show up.

When making this map I had to restrict myself to only using Cage textures and DOOM 2 only so expect alot of rock textures. Oh and Soundtrack is WILD GUNS- DESOLATION CANYON
http://www.mediafire.com/file/blidbixi1 ... s.zip/file

Make sure to load it with Doom 2 and have fun with it
Screenshots
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20190611_205645.png
Screenshot_Doom_20190611_205714.png
Screenshot_Doom_20190611_205723.png
Rex705

Re: Catus Canyon

Post by Rex705 »

This was a fun little map. I made a video :)

doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Rex705 wrote:This was a fun little map. I made a video :)

Little off topic, Rex where did you get those PBR Materials? I'm rather intrigued by shiny things :0
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

doomfiend wrote:Little off topic, Rex where did you get those PBR Materials? I'm rather intrigued by shiny things :0
The one I am using here is called Shaders Doom I don't remember where I found it.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

aw, I was really hoping I could get my hands on that :( any chance you could upload that addon and Sent it to em via DM?
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

This is great! I love the way that it weaves between outdoors and indoors on a path that eventually all comes together, and how the secrets take you outside that path. I noticed no missing textures :)

This video was sponsored by the Send Lawyers to Hell appeal! Playing Doom WADs to raise money for RAICES.

https://streamlabs.com/davidxn/v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-R3_fVcWcE
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

got a typo in the thread title

also wheres asteroid?
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Here's my playthrough of Cactus Canyon with High Noon Drifter (and Polish commentary).
Spoiler:
A really fun map! I love the intertwining areas and the secrets were not too hard to find. The monster placement was just right. Please make more!
doomfighter66742278

Post by doomfighter66742278 »

cool map i love it :wub:

Return to “Levels”