Complex DooM (UPDATED 10/01/22)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mr. Fancy Pants

Re: Complex DooM (updated 19th Nov)

Post by Mr. Fancy Pants »

I would do unspeakable things to get a wad that just replicates the blood effects in this. They look amazing.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

http://i.imgur.com/OlL76Hn.jpg
Wasn't there a flamethrower for Complex DooM?
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

user5124 wrote:Is there any way to have seperate keys for reload and special attack? :?:
Why does the pistol shoot slower, the faster I click? :?:
Not unless I rewrite the weapons to do so which honestly I doubt I'd do as stuff works as is. As someone else stated, the pistol is capped. There's a bit of timing between presses to get the best RoF. Glad you enjoy it!

@EddieMann Naw, there was never a flamethrower in the main mod. You probably played an addon with it.
Hacx21

Post by Hacx21 »

Hey Daedalus I just want to thank you for all the amazing work you've done with this project. Ever since I found it I have had a blast playing all kinds of wads with Complex Doom. Though I wasn't sure if it was still in development or what was happening with it. It's good to see a thread dedicated to it and it's progress. I can't say I complain about anything as it's good work, my only comment would be monsters. I'm not sure what you plan to do or not do with that area respectively. However I've found that the algorithm spawns the same Pinky's, Imps, etc. My suggestion or rather my request is would you consider adding more to the bestiary? I'd really like to see monsters like the ones found in SHADES OF DOOM. I particularly like that mod however it doesn't mix with CD. All I want is to see more Demons from each class/tier. I just feel like it would make each situation much more "complex" as well as add diversity to the common spawns.
d00mtux

Post by d00mtux »

Vanilla mode is broken in GZDoom. The "ConsoleCommand" ACS function needs replacing with one that works in GZDoom.

Is there no other way to toggle vanilla mode without it?
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

d00mtux wrote:Vanilla mode is broken in GZDoom. The "ConsoleCommand" ACS function needs replacing with one that works in GZDoom.

AFAIK, there is ([wiki]SetCVar (ACS)[/wiki]), but Daed CBA to change it because the mod is not intended for GZDoom.
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

d00mtux wrote:Vanilla mode is broken in GZDoom. The "ConsoleCommand" ACS function needs replacing with one that works in GZDoom.

Can turn it on or off via ESC > Mod Stuff.

As the other guy said, I can't be bothered to "fix" it for GZDoom as its pretty much pointless (though it'd be nice to have, I agree) as hitting escape pauses the game unlike Zandronum online where having the toggle on the fly is better. It's pretty much low priority to change it.

@Hacx21 Yeah dev is slow on this at the moment as I'm too much into other games. I do plan on adding more tiers to monsters eventually and redoing some of the current variants as they're getting a bit boring, the mods effects need an overhaul too as they're a bit dated. I still need to fix a few issues since the last big update also. Happy you enjoy it!
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

Mr. Fancy Pants wrote:I would do unspeakable things to get a wad that just replicates the blood effects in this. They look amazing.
It's super easy to extract them from the pk3, if you still want it i could do it.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

This is only my point of view.
I love every single thing about this mod since his first release, but there's a small thing that bothers me..

That D64 Arachnotron. The sprite itself kinda doesn't fit at all compared to other monsters.
Is there a chance to replace it by a more classic Doom styled one?
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Is it just me or was the pistol ROF reduced?
Molt3n
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Complex DooM (updated 17/01/19)

Post by Molt3n »

Just dropped by to say that i enjoy the mod.

EDIT:
Just wanted to redact my entire former question. As much as i find it "not intuitive" that the reload key is mapped to the secondary fire mode, there's little to be done since you coded the weapons to behave like this. It's a bit annoying for sure, but not enough to be a deal-breaker.
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

Molt3n wrote:Just dropped by to say that i enjoy the mod.

EDIT:
Just wanted to redact my entire former question. As much as i find it "not intuitive" that the reload key is mapped to the secondary fire mode, there's little to be done since you coded the weapons to behave like this. It's a bit annoying for sure, but not enough to be a deal-breaker.
Tbh, i like it, although it does take some getting used to going back to wads that actually use the reload key.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Will there be more updates or is it over now?

I liked this mod a lot.
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

Alptraum wrote:Will there be more updates or is it over now?

I liked this mod a lot.
Same here lol, i was a bit hesitant to ask
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Alptraum wrote:Will there be more updates or is it over now?
Naw, I'll end up coming back and updating it sometime in the future.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”