[BETA 0.21] FINAL DOOMER CUSTOMIZER

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cyber_cool
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[BETA 0.21] FINAL DOOMER CUSTOMIZER

Post by cyber_cool »

FINAL DOOMER CUSTOMIZER is an addon for Final Doomer. It allows one to select 10th weaponset, called "Custom", that consists of weapons selected through special options page (Options -> Final Doomer Customizer).

KNOWN ISSUES (Please read before playing):
  • - Final Doomer's weapon description is broken. Use Zoom instead of Reload to view it.
    - Amount of ammo given from ammo pickups is determined by selected weapons, i.e. small ammo pickups - pistol\shotgun\plasma rifle and big ammo pickups - chaingun\super shotgun\bfg 9000. I am going to allow user to adjust ammo given from pickups themselves.
    - Degree of dependency on FinalDoomer code. Unfortunately, I had to copy every single weapon that shares ammo with other weapons with very little changes. That's frustrating, but I've found a way around yet. So, my mod will slowly follow Final Doomer updates, I hope.
    - Due to modern gzdoom limitations class select screen is now textual. Can't do much, but you can download a fix for that below.
    - BTSX nanocore affects only BTSX weapons.
CHANGE LOG:
BETA 0.22:- Added 3.2 compatibility
- Fixed some minor DECORATE warnings
BETA 0.21:
  • - Added 3.1 compatibility
    - Made Whitemare weapons fill the heat bar of the thermocoat
BETA 0.2:
  • - Added 3.0 compatibility
    - Fixed a lot of minor bugs
    - Added ammo visual adjustment
    - Removed ability to select chainsaw from JP CP
DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpzg4who53wi5 ... 2.pk3?dl=0
FINAL DOOMER FORUM PAGE: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55061
Custom menu from Dr.Pyspy (also works for FinalDoomer alone): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... u_v1.0.pk3
Last edited by cyber_cool on Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [BETA 0.1] FINAL DOOMER CUSTOMIZER

Post by Yebudoom »

Oh, this looks interesting. Gonna give it a shot over the weekend. Maybe this can keep me occupied until the boys behind FD+ make another weapon set. Can I finally have a FD Plutguy with a plasma rifle? Sure hope so!
BerserkerNoir

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Great addition to Final Doomer, I liked it.
By testing it for a while I came across to an issue, for some reason I cannot pick up shotguns from enemies, everything else seems fine.
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

BerserkerNoir wrote:By testing it for a while I came across to an issue, for some reason I cannot pick up shotguns from enemies, everything else seems fine.
Thank you very much! I found out that it was major bug and it applies on super shotguns, BFG's and plasma rifles. Now the bug is fixed.
Squirb

Post by Squirb »

Really like this mod of a mod! Should be fun to experiement with combos. I'm having an issue however:

Weapons and ammunition can be picked up but they are not visible. I've tried running just Final Doomer+ 2.4 and the newest download of Customizer in both GZDoom 3.7.2 and the newest development version. No other mods enabled and fresh installs with the only changes being a few keybinds. The weapons selected within Customizer appear as they should in the player hands and display correct information when pressing Zoom. The HUD is also accurate to the user selection. Tried 2 other IWADS as well as using the software renderer instead of OpenGL. Nothing changed. Any thoughts on what else I can try or what I'm missing?
cyber_cool

Post by cyber_cool »

Squirb wrote: Weapons and ammunition can be picked up but they are not visible. I've tried running just Final Doomer+ 2.4 and the newest download of Customizer in both GZDoom 3.7.2 and the newest development version. No other mods enabled and fresh installs with the only changes being a few keybinds. The weapons selected within Customizer appear as they should in the player hands and display correct information when pressing Zoom. The HUD is also accurate to the user selection. Tried 2 other IWADS as well as using the software renderer instead of OpenGL. Nothing changed. Any thoughts on what else I can try or what I'm missing?
No, you're not missing anything, that is another bug that was not spotted (appears only on Normal ammo pickup rendering mode). Now it's fixed - every pickup's appearence can be changed through options. Thanks for reporting it.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

This mod is awesome, mixing and matching different weapons is really fun! Nothing like switching from the Plutonia HMG to a Katana!
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Looking forward for 3.0 support. Cool mod.
Quake161

Re: [BETA 0.21] FINAL DOOMER CUSTOMIZER

Post by Quake161 »

Loving how this works. Ran into a bit of a bug where the Super Shotgun will be selected first instead of the Shotgun. Been running this on LZDoom 3.84.

Edit: correction.
combolynch

Post by combolynch »

For god sake, fix the problem that makes pistol, fists and chainsaw dissappear. I start with totally nothing when I pistol start a map and I can't fixed it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

combolynch wrote:For god sake,
The way this is worded makes it seem as if this bug was known about before. I don't see that it was. It may be worthwhile to report things a bit more politely, especially if you want to see them get fixed.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

wildweasel wrote:
combolynch wrote:For god sake,
The way this is worded makes it seem as if this bug was known about before. I don't see that it was. It may be worthwhile to report things a bit more politely, especially if you want to see them get fixed.
ban him for his transgression o Toaster of Apocalypse!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Machine-Reaper wrote:ban him for his transgression o Toaster of Apocalypse!
That's a little extreme.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Blue Shadow wrote:
That's a little extreme.
you bet your sweet pappy it is!
combolynch

Post by combolynch »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Blue Shadow wrote:
That's a little extreme.
you bet your sweet pappy it is!
It was come a little sudden. I am sorry if I was being rude. Btw I solved it. I just needed to disable pistol start setting. Cool mod cyber_cool... Now I am enjoying. And again. I wasn't meant to be rude... My apologies.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”