Shallow World (Personal WIP mappack)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shawny

Shallow World (Personal WIP mappack)

Post by Shawny »

Shallow Final.png
Shallow Final.png (32.46 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
Hey everyone,
thanks to positive reception of my past work I decided to start working on a mappack/megawad.
Ofc the ultimate goal is to make full 32 map megawad, but for now I would like to do 12 map megawad
divided into 2 episodes that represents act 1 of planned story.

And because I cannot guarantee if / how much of the project will be completed, I will be updating this thread with maps and info about the progression rather then try to make a bigger chunk of maps at once. Maps that will be made are not unnecessarily in the "final" order and for now should be played with pistol start in mind.
All maps will have jump and crouch disabled by default. Freelook is allowed (even personally recommended), though not necessary.
It requires GZDoom to run. Tested on 3.6.0 and 4.1.2.

Download the 2 map demo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6dmwmlyt4 ... D.rar/file

Maps:
Map 01 - Day 0 - previously released map that is now part of this project
Map 02 - Fleshworks (Screenshots)
Spoiler:
That is all for now. Thank you for you time and have fun.
PRIMEVAL

Re: Shallow World (Personal WIP mappack)

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Beautifully designed levels you got here with good flow. Not too hard, not too easy, feels just right on HMP. Only issue is the first map's MIDI doesn't loop great, but that's just me being a picky musician lol.

Return to “Levels”