Lt. Typhon v6: massive guns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Lt. Typhon v4: massive guns

Post by Skelegant »

LossForWords wrote:
Skelegant wrote: Here's a preview of the automag, cuz I know there were a few people after a bigger handgun :D
if i could do a chef kiss through a forum comment, i would. cuz that automag looks fantastic.
Muah muah bellissimo :3:
I'm glad it turned out as ok as it did, I haven't made a whole lot of mostly-from-scratch gun sprites before but it's super fun and I should make more lesser-sprited guns in the future :D
ANTARES74 wrote:Thank you very much for creating great mods!This one is among my favorites.Just one wish? Is it possible to change the system of using inventory items a little? Add shortcuts that can be assigned from the options menu.As this done,for example in Vogue Guncaster or Complex Doom Legendary?
That'd be interesting, I'm not sure how to do it but it'd make using the grappling anchors more streamlined :)
ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

Exactly so. And especially the use of the amulet of an outsider. Yes, and something else that you might add in the future.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

ANTARES74 wrote:Thank you very much for creating great mods!This one is among my favorites.Just one wish? Is it possible to change the system of using inventory items a little? Add shortcuts that can be assigned from the options menu.As this done,for example in Vogue Guncaster or Complex Doom Legendary?
I made this, if it's what you're after. Load it second in the load order.
Attachments
Typhon_ExtraHotKeys.pk3
(262 Bytes) Downloaded 57 times
ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

Tesculpture Huge thank you! What you need.
Darkrune

Post by Darkrune »

I have been thoroughly enjoying this mod, both on its own and with the usual mix of other mods I use. But I've encountered a slight bug between this and LDL.
Spoiler:
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tesculpture wrote: I made this, if it's what you're after. Load it second in the load order.
I'm in the process of adding something like this, but thank you for filling in for me while I procrastinate :D
[edit] actually if it's ok i'll just use yours and edit it slightly, i'll stick you in the credits :)
Darkrune wrote:I have been thoroughly enjoying this mod, both on its own and with the usual mix of other mods I use. But I've encountered a slight bug between this and LDL.
Spoiler:
The next version of LDL should sort that out, but it is funny :D
nologyn

Post by nologyn »

We'll never i thought, that someone would made berserk powerup so satisfying to use, you can literally punch yourself a way through the entire level, but i think that doomguy appeared for too short time and not wery useful as normal marines.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Skelegant wrote:[edit] actually if it's ok i'll just use yours and edit it slightly, i'll stick you in the credits :)
Sure, by all means.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Loving the new features especially being able to team up with doom slayer himself :) however to me the new pistol seems a bit weak for its primary fire. Maybe I am just using it wrong or I am guessing the basic primary/secondary is not meant to take on the big nasties only the charged up secondary.

Fee like the good old rocket launchers secondary fire could use some love to in the way of a power boost in damage.
Spoiler:
Last edited by hammer oz on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Molt3n
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Molt3n »

I was stupidly in love with the Gondolas before when they were just a super-cute random encounter, but now that you can recruit them? We can all stop modding now, we've peaked here lads and lasses. 11/10, will play again.
Skelegant

Re: Lt. Typhon v5: massive guns

Post by Skelegant »

V5 is out! Link is on the first post as usual :)
New stuff:

Typhon has new mugsprites! 50% more cavewoman and 100% less sprite edit.
Blue armor is rarely replaced with the Flesh Bodyarmor which provides less armor points but gives 60 seconds of near invulnerability and regenerates your bio ammo
You can grab and throw red and green pillars, evil eyes, stalagmites, and even the Icon himself!
Skull rocks revive enemies near them if you're close, but can be shifted around by punching or shooting them (which makes them useful as platforms/steps too)
Bash em around too much and they explode
Teleporters will randomly spawn portal ghouls if you hang around them too much
Portal ghouls revive nearby enemies on death
Bio punch primary attack is faster, charged attack stuns and does a bigger blast radius
Hand of Diana does way more damage and spreads further but takes 100 ammo per shot
Plutonium Handler can be set to self destruct and used as a bomb (hold reload for a few seconds)

and a bunch of other little tweaks i forgot to write down, mostly just bugfixes and damage adjusting

Screenies:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Skelegant on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

I didn't knew this mod could get even more overpowered, but here we are. Nice work as usual!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's a good day to grab and throw all the props in doom that does absolutely nothing! You even interact with Romero and it's just... Oh damn. That's Hardcore!
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

I can not wait. :D
Looks awesome. :wub:
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

By the way ... nice idea with these "portal ghouls". :shock: :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”