GZDoom not finding all my WADs

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
ChudTungston
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

GZDoom not finding all my WADs

Post by ChudTungston »

When i launch GZDoom it only sees some of my WADs. That is Ultimate, plutonium, TNT Evilution, and Doom 2. I purchased the classic collection on steam and also wanted to play the master levels for doom 2 that come with it but GZDoom wont detect them whether opening each master level wad on its own or the drag and drop onto the gzdoom application. I also downloaded some map packs that SGTMark recommended and those are undetectable as well. I will attach a couple of images of the folder i keep everything in and the launcher if that is of use in any way. in the I'm really new to this so i have no idea what to do and any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
loaderimg.PNG
wadsimg.PNG
_mental_

Re: GZDoom not finding all my WADs

Post by _mental_ »

GZDoom detects IWADs only and displays them in this list. Those levels and map packs are PWADs.
ChudTungston

Post by ChudTungston »

Ah ok thank you. Do you have any recommendations as to how i could play the master levels or other map packs on win 10?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I think by far the best one is WadSmoosh - but it's more of a wad compiler than anything else. It will create a wad for you where the master levels are stuffed in and you can select it when you start a new game.

But if you don't want to go that route, open a command prompt (simply type "cmd" in the location bar in your gzdoom folder) - and type "gzdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file whatever.wad" (without quotes) and it should start. (Some wads are for doom.wad obviously, so you'll have to substitute as needed)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Launchers are always an option. e.g. [wiki]ZDL[/wiki].

Other launchers are available and some have active threads on the forum. e.g. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=63625
ChudTungston

Post by ChudTungston »

thank you both for the info i will try it out
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xeotroid »

You can always drag'n'drop files onto the executable or even a shortcut leading to it.

It can get slightly tricky if you want to load multiple mods at the same time where mod order matters, then you need to select them in the given order (Ctrl + clicking) and drag the first file onto the executable; if you a different one, the load order gets messed up a bit, at least on WIndows 7, no idea if it's better on Windows 10. However, if you want to load a bunch of mods where the load order matters, then a launcher is definitely the better way to go. Doom Runner is pretty sweet with its customisable sets.

Return to “Technical Issues”