[Release] Mini Doom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Phobus

[Release] Mini Doom

Post by Phobus »

/idgames link

It's The Ultimate Doom... But smaller. Four one-map episodes await. Each map is made in about 6-7 hours in an attempt at speed mapping that clashed with my ambitions. All difficulties are implemented on the finished maps. For added flavour, each map uses a different format. E1 is Boom, E2 is ZDoom (Doom format), E3 is ZDoom (HeXen format) and E4 is GZDoom (UDMF).

The maps are, essentially, old-school maps inspired by their respective episodes that use some added features based on format and convenience. Here's a screenshot from each map as-is (no prizes for guessing which is which):

Last edited by Phobus on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phobus

Re: [Release] Mini Doom

Post by Phobus »

Just bumping to say this is now released!

You can play E1 in any source port, I think, but you'll need ZDoom for E2 and E3 and you'll need GZDoom (with 3D acceleration) for E4 because of an experimental Hall of Mirrors room. I'm keen to see how people's computers handle that, by the way, as mine seems to slow momentarily upon first seeing it, but then smooths out. As it's pretty powerful, it may be that this rooms needs reconsidering or changing entirely.
Last edited by Phobus on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

so... is this like DoomOne where its all the levels connected as one big map, just with all four episodes?
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

No, they're just four maps I made, each themed after the episode they replace.

Return to “Levels”