Gzdoom g4.1.3 64 bit Vulkan engine will crash at xrbz 4x

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Gzdoom g4.1.3 64 bit Vulkan engine will crash at xrbz 4x

Post by Guest »

Game is randomly crashingAT LOADING SOME MAPS if you have set "high quality resize mutliplier" in "texture options" in mode xBRZ to 4x. 2x is working without crashing or other problems. In OpenGl mode this completly don´t happen but realy too slow for me. I have tryed 32x build its working up to XBRZ 5x but unplayable slow and lags. Pleas help me to fix this. Sorry for bad english, i´am german native speaker.

Sys Infos:

Windows 10 64 bit
AMD Ryzen2700x
16GB DDR 4 Ram
Nvidia GTX 1070 8gb
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Gzdoom g4.1.3 64 bit Vulkan engine will crash at xrbz 4x

Post by Caligari87 »

Which maps are crashing?

8-)
Tkfreak77
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tkfreak77 »

Randomly. Sometimes its working, sometimes not. At last it will crashed on first map from ultimate doom episode 1
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Are you using some mods? This looks like out of VRAM situation, but 4x scale for 8 GB seems to OK in most cases.
32-bit builds have no Vulkan support.

Return to “Technical Issues”