[WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] NULL: Face to Face (14/4 3-map WIP available)

Post by Kinsie »

Now this is the kind of feedback I was dying for! Thanks for the words Enjay, they've given me a few things to chew on.

Yeah, the Hell Knight didn't quite feel right, to be honest. Maybe something more akin the Death Knight from Quake would have fit better? The Doom monsters probably would have made more sense in NULL04 if it ever comes to fruition, since it was going to be some kind of city or town in Hell.

I never thought to tie destroyable stuff to secrets... that would have been a great idea. I'll have to remember that.
Miru

Post by Miru »

Finally tested this thing, and;

* I like the sheer Sega CD-ness of the atmosphere in the game.
* I think a flashlight item could help with the sheer darkness of the levels.
* I like the monitors shown.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Videos of this project have been recorded, so now you don't even have to play it. (Unless you want to see the lame secrets...)

This project will not be resumed, although its lessons shall be carried forth.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Sad. I really enjoyed the 3 map teaser and was looking forward for more. May it be revisited in the future or not, I enjoyed playing it hopefully as much as you enjoyed making it.

The concept of portals/non-euclidian geometry was really cool and you managed to seamlessly make it part of the story.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Okay, kids. Gather around! I'm about to tell you what happens when you put Doom, Goldeneye, and Marathon in the Cornucopia all together. They'll merge into this fantastic secret agent themed TC, NULL: Face to Face. It's very fascinating to go through the evil corporation using zombies and demons as their personal-pleasuring pawns and trying to stop their ambition once and for all. I read some info on random terminals i found and it was worth it. Impressive mapping, Kinsie-Approved high quality sound effects, and fun interaction with the NPCs too. Certainly recommend this TC if you're a big fan of Goldeneye but it's all Doom!
Spoiler: And here are some feedback and suggestions of mine. Take a deep breath!
And that's about it. Thanks for reading the all of it and looking forward to it!☆
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Captain J wrote:Okay, kids. Gather around! I'm about to tell you what happens when you put Doom, Goldeneye, and Marathon in the Cornucopia all together. They'll merge into this fantastic secret agent themed TC, NULL: Face to Face. It's very fascinating to go through the evil corporation using zombies and demons as their personal-pleasuring pawns and trying to stop their ambition once and for all. I read some info on random terminals i found and it was worth it. Impressive mapping, Kinsie-Approved high quality sound effects, and fun interaction with the NPCs too. Certainly recommend this TC if you're a big fan of Goldeneye but it's all Doom!
Spoiler: And here are some feedback and suggestions of mine. Take a deep breath!
And that's about it. Thanks for reading the all of it and looking forward to it!☆
Uhh just letting you know, kinsie did kinda cancel this project. so uhh.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Aw Shit. Couldn't read the thread with extra detail. But it's just my thought after playing the TC. But this might be kinda educational for other modders.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

FYI:

;)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Glad people like icarus dug this one out and are atill remembering this ol jewel. I still don't know why it has to ne discontinued. But was worth to sink me teeth in!
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I totally miss this thread! I got here just because I've just watch Icaru's video. :o

It is sad that real interesting mods just like this one got canceled. This is top notch, Kinsie. I wish one day you can back working on it.

And, no, the time you've spend on it was not in vain, IMO. I can't tell why you got so sad about it, saying this is haunted and all, but, let me tell you, this gave me some real 'joy' time playing it. You've made a real nice work there!

I'd wish I could had find this thread before the mod is dropped, so I could play it and give some feedback, and maybe even help with the motivation issue. I'll show it to friends that play Doom but don't have accounts in English forums. I'm sure they'll enjoy it as much as I did. :)
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Ravick wrote:I can't tell why you got so sad about it, saying this is haunted and all
External circumstances, both IRL and online, kind of tainted matters. Things have been changing since I tied the ends off this thing, but not necessarily for the better, so I can't necessarily say that I'll ever return to this - while I had big plans, a solid vision and actual prototypes for the fifth and final level, the fourth is kind of nebulous and poorly-defined - but at the least, something will emerge from the lessons learned to take its place. At this point, though, all I can really see are the flaws and undercooked bits, so I doubt this'll see the finish line unless I can corner a collaborator (increasingly unlikely)

I appreciate the kind words, though.
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Kinsie wrote:
Ravick wrote:I can't tell why you got so sad about it, saying this is haunted and all
External circumstances, both IRL and online, kind of tainted matters. Things have been changing since I tied the ends off this thing, but not necessarily for the better, so I can't necessarily say that I'll ever return to this - while I had big plans, a solid vision and actual prototypes for the fifth and final level, the fourth is kind of nebulous and poorly-defined - but at the least, something will emerge from the lessons learned to take its place. At this point, though, all I can really see are the flaws and undercooked bits, so I doubt this'll see the finish line unless I can corner a collaborator (increasingly unlikely)

I appreciate the kind words, though.
It is most certainly a very interesting TC, despite being unfinished. If this ever gets finished i can see it being a pretty good TC, it has quite a bit of promise.
BoJustBo

Post by BoJustBo »

Whether this gets completed or not. What is already here was really fun :)
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

I played this WAD and I liked it! As I understand it, the project is abandoned? It's even a shame, since the concept is good.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”