DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by ErrantMasa »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the Plasmatic Shotgun with two tech mods applies reloads quite a bit slower in comparison to the Heavy Shotgun with the same mods applied, making it somewhat inferior to use.
Heavy shotty/elephant gun +2T is a perennial early-game fave of mine if said tech mods show up a little too often :roll:
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

I can't believe that this isn't a thing yet, Yholl. The most legendary of weapons.
Spoiler:
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

Alright. I can't find any information about it anywhere so...

De-Vile.... 666hp... nothing harms it. What do I treat with?
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

WolfMann wrote:Alright. I can't find any information about it anywhere so...

De-Vile.... 666hp... nothing harms it. What do I treat with?
Shoot the floating sixes circling it's head.
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

Just a quick couple of questions for the mod maker:

A) Is this going to be updated in the near future? I would LOVE to see more gear/equipment, weapons and/or mod packs/assemblies added. Have played with the mod so much there just isn't anything left I haven't used so much already.

B) If updating in the near future, would you consider adding more silenced weapons and an invisibility power-up, or at least make it so, if 'seen', you can kill nearby demons that are actively attacking you or headed towards you, then wait it out for a minute or so (would need a count-down timer on-screen) and the remaining demons in the level go back to the 'not alert' state (similar to how they don't 'know you're there at the beginning of levels)? I know the 'waiting it out' for a whole minute or more goes against what Doom is all about, but think about it.... it's optional to even use this 'stealth' feature and some people (including me) spend at least 2 or 3 mins just searching every cleared out section, looking for health, power-ups, upgrades, weapons, armor, etc... so the time required to set the monsters back to a 'relaxed' state wouldn't even be noticeable if you don't just fly through the levels on easy. Not to mention this 'stealth-ing' feature would add a whole new way to play the entire game (save for certain levels where it may not be possible and should you want to) and forgive me for assuming this, but compared to the rest of the mod, would probably not be that difficult to implement as it's a very simplified version of stealth.

Thanks so much for the mod, regardless! Love it so much, man.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

tyrantkyng wrote:Not-exactly-simple stealth mechanic.
Sounds like you'll be better off trying something like Sneaky Doom?
The Download in the thread is broken though, use this one to acquire it.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

tyrantkyng wrote:If updating in the near future, would you consider adding more silenced weapons and an invisibility power-up, or at least make it so, if 'seen', you can kill nearby demons that are actively attacking you or headed towards you, then wait it out for a minute or so (would need a count-down timer on-screen) and the remaining demons in the level go back to the 'not alert' state (similar to how they don't 'know you're there at the beginning of levels)? I know the 'waiting it out' for a whole minute or more goes against what Doom is all about, but think about it.... it's optional to even use this 'stealth' feature and some people (including me) spend at least 2 or 3 mins just searching every cleared out section, looking for health, power-ups, upgrades, weapons, armor, etc... so the time required to set the monsters back to a 'relaxed' state wouldn't even be noticeable if you don't just fly through the levels on easy. Not to mention this 'stealth-ing' feature would add a whole new way to play the entire game (save for certain levels where it may not be possible and should you want to) and forgive me for assuming this, but compared to the rest of the mod, would probably not be that difficult to implement as it's a very simplified version of stealth.
This can be done, but it's not possible to have a timer on-screen telling you the time it would take for a monster to go inactive.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I wonder if any of this project's contributors have checked out Jupiter Hell, and if so, if there's anything in it they'd be interested in implementing.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

In the fullscreen HUD, what's the yellow bar to the right of the indicators that show how many weapons, armor pieces, etc, you have?
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

DarkkOne wrote:In the fullscreen HUD, what's the yellow bar to the right of the indicators that show how many weapons, armor pieces, etc, you have?
I think that might be the stamina bar, you use up stamina when performing melee attacks, or double jumping as scout.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

rabid marine wrote:
DarkkOne wrote:In the fullscreen HUD, what's the yellow bar to the right of the indicators that show how many weapons, armor pieces, etc, you have?
I think that might be the stamina bar, you use up stamina when performing melee attacks, or double jumping as scout.
That would explain why I never saw it move. Wasn't jumping, wasn't meleeing. Thanks. That's probably it.
aqkko

Post by aqkko »

Man, I love your weapon mods (you're responsible for Final Doomer and Legendoom as well, right?), but I realized something that they all have in common, something that I can't come to terms with: strafe speed is slowed. If that's intentional, would you please consider making it optional in the settings? I've never asked a modder for anything before! But I'm asking for this! :)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

tyrantkyng wrote:A) Is this going to be updated in the near future?
You betcha, should not be too far off. There's plans for tons of content into the distant future, don't worry.
tyrantkyng wrote:B) Stealthy stealth mechanics?
That's not really feasible or within the project's scope, sorry. There will be more silenced weapons in the future though!
SiFi270 wrote:I wonder if any of this project's contributors have checked out Jupiter Hell, and if so, if there's anything in it they'd be interested in implementing.
I have indeed (I possibly lurk nearby) but this project will very much remain Doom-related. If anything Jupiter Hell appears in DRLA, it'll be like the unique weapons such as the MA-75B Assault Rifle from Marathon, etc. a single reference gun or so.
aqkko wrote:Man, I love your weapon mods (you're responsible for Final Doomer and Legendoom as well, right?), but I realized something that they all have in common, something that I can't come to terms with: strafe speed is slowed. If that's intentional, would you please consider making it optional in the settings? I've never asked a modder for anything before! But I'm asking for this! :)
Strafe speed is not slowed at all. Walking speed is slowed.
I assume you must be playing with a controller or something? I've heard that they have trouble with this.

In any case, no, I can't make it optional, and no, I won't remove it. However! If you get the program SLADE 3, it's very simple and easy to edit my mods to remove that movement speed change entirely from them.
For DRLA, open up Arsenal, and go into the actors/ folder, in there, at the bottom, you'll find ArsenalPlayerPawn.txt. Click on that and you'll see the player code, and most importantly, you'll see
  • Player.Forwardmove 0.6 1.0
    Player.Sidemove 0.6 1.0
This is the movement stuff, which makes walking 40% slower than normal. Simply delete these lines, save the txt file, and then save the pk3, and BAM. Your version of the mod will no longer bother you with movement problems.

LegenDoom and Final Doomer have the playerpawn code easily visible compared to DRLA, and the same thing applies to them too. Either way, I'm glad you're having fun with these mods.
aqkko

Post by aqkko »

Yeah, man. Love those guns.

I am using a controller. I mapped the run/walk toggle to one of the sticks (when you press the stick button - L3 maybe they call it). But it's always on. My forward movement is fast. Just the strafing seems slow. But I'll try the solution you gave me. Thanks.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

aqkko wrote:I am using a controller. I mapped the run/walk toggle to one of the sticks (when you press the stick button - L3 maybe they call it). But it's always on. My forward movement is fast. Just the strafing seems slow. But I'll try the solution you gave me. Thanks.
Yeah, sorry about that, someone else I know ran into the same problem at one point.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”