Can't Pick Up Certain Weapons

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Can't Pick Up Certain Weapons

Post by Guest »

So i just got a new pc, and downloaded gzdoom. I decided to replay the mod prodoomer, though for some reason i can only pick up specific weapons. I can only pick up things like the shotgun, ssg, rocket launcher, and uzi. Everything else i just walk over, and even using the "give all" command just gives me those specific weapons. I can even pick up ammo for the guns i can't use. What's up with it?
_mental_

Re: Can't Pick Up Certain Weapons

Post by _mental_ »

It seems, author doesn’t care. He didn’t report any bugs (regressions may appear in any software) nor did not update his mod (new versions of GZDoom can reveal old bugs). Unfortunately, such attitude is pretty usual.
Figgy McSquiggins
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Figgy McSquiggins »

bro wth. That sucks. So I guess I'm gonna have to download a previous gzdoom? This is op btw, i actually made an account now.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

_mental_ wrote:It seems, author doesn’t care. He didn’t report any bugs (regressions may appear in any software) nor did not update his mod (new versions of GZDoom can reveal old bugs). Unfortunately, such attitude is pretty usual.
And since this mod is huge, with lots of complex DECORATE 'programming', it's hard to analyze without a stripped down example.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Figgy McSquiggins wrote:bro wth. That sucks. So I guess I'm gonna have to download a previous gzdoom? This is op btw, i actually made an account now.
Unless you can figure out what broke, that might be your only option. Or try to convince the author of that mod to fix it, but good luck with that.

It probably has like thousands of unsupported hacks, anyway, and he might be one of those "wonderful" people who blames the GZDoom devs for literally everything - when it was he, not the GZDoom devs, who insisted on using those hacks in the first place.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

PsychoSilverTH wrote:works well in version 3.5.1 of GZDoom because version 3.7.2 shows many errors
Which errors? Which is the last version running it? The mod file itself is huge and i'm not going to download it.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

It became broken somewhere between 3.7.1 and 3.7.2. I'm looking into this right now.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Behold, it was broken by my commit that fixed font scaling. How come?

Author invented a pretty cool optimization: to use sprite texture NULLA0 (88 bytes in size) as a font. When texture use types were properly applied to fonts, sprite NULLA0 cannot be found anymore, as now it becomes a font texture.
This thing was enough to introduce bunch of issues. Apparently, such great optimization opportunity is a must for 350 MB mod.

I pushed the fix just because I'm a kind person. Too kind, I must say. Honestly, such trickery doesn't deserve to be fixed.
I don't even want to think about potential issues with screwing texture use types other than sprites.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Crazy stuff. :shock: I wonder what he was smoking... :?:
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Nothing. I had to undo _mental_'s original change because it was causing more problems elsewhere. The only real solution is to clone the texture to give it a different use type. The originals may not be overwritten.
Figgy McSquiggins
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Figgy McSquiggins »

Now time for a new question (if anyone sees it, figured id comment here before posting a new thread). So I just got a 144 hz monitor, feelin good, my eyes are melting, but when im playing doom, again prodoomer, i keep getting a random skip. Doesn't feel like a frame drop, more so my position is jumping around like a centimeter past where it should be. It seems to happen only when im moving and looking around at the same time, not when just doing one or the other. Seems to happen to only happen with prodoomer. Getting kind of annoying.

Return to “Technical Issues”