Persephone - The Best of Phobus vol. 3 (update 29/07/19)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Phobus

Persephone - The Best of Phobus vol. 3 (update 29/07/19)

Post by Phobus »

UPDATE: I've made a minor alteration to volume 3 (same link below still) and, a bit more importantly, done a full three-volume release, which is also linked below. Text files have also been provided.

I'm back and I've got another compilation volume for you!

Download Persephone volume 3 (text file)
(Requires ZDoom 2.8.1 Final or later child ports)

Download Persephone volumes 1 to 3 (text file)
(Requires ZDoom 2.8.1 Final or later child ports)

The final volume of 10 maps compiled from my history. Works on it's own and with the previous two volumes. I've not tested it with the /idgames versions of Volumes 1 and 2, bu there's no reason to believe that all three loaded in the right order wouldn't work too.

Here's four screenshots (-nomonsters and no HUD or player sprites):

This took a while to happen because I was originally trying to finish mapping Warpzone II in order to include it. I've since changed my mind and put the original Warpzone in it's place. I've made a couple of minor edits to keep things working here, but these maps are very much as they were released.

If you've played the previous Volumes already and want more, this should be right up your street. You're technically playing through 14 maps here, but I'm treating five of them as one map because they're so small and yet were very difficult to merge into one map.

Plans for the future?

Well, obviously I'll be compiling all three volumes together at some point and uploading that to my site. This individual volume and probably the combined three will also get archived, assuming no glaring errors are pointed out that need fixing first.

Longer term I've got a bit more of an ambitious plan. A "Complete Edition" which builds on the full, three-volume release. I'll do a development thread for that in the next couple of weeks so that people can see what the differences will be. For the time being, I'll let this breathe and let you give it a go!
Last edited by Phobus on Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Persephone - The Best of Phobus vol. 3

Post by Nems »

Yaaaaaasssssssssss!!! <3
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Phobus wrote: I've not tested it with the /idgames versions of Volumes 1 and 2, but there's no reason to believe that all three loaded in the right order wouldn't work too.
You have plans to complete the mapset with maps MAP09 and MAP10?
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Actually, I was thinking I'd change Twisted Joke and The Cast & Crew to those two map slots from their custom ones, to be honest! I agree that it's strange that MAP09 and MAP10 aren't in Volume 1 when it's a 10 map set.
Phobus

Re: Persephone - The Best of Phobus vol. 3 (update 29/07/19)

Post by Phobus »

Sorry everybody - I made a mistake with the MAPINFO on the full three version release. I've rectified it now and it's available through the same link, so if you have already downloaded, please do re-download!

Return to “Levels”