Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

Just confirmed that the S3 Plasma Rifle's altfire does not alert enemies when used, even though the main fire mode does that bit just fine.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:Just confirmed that the S3 Plasma Rifle's altfire does not alert enemies when used, even though the main fire mode does that bit just fine.
Fixed, thanks for the report. Looking at the code, that looks like it's been broken since release. Download's been updated with the hotfix.
LOLANONIMUS wrote:[EDIT]I'm new to attach
Unfortunately, no, I can't fix this. I think what's going on is that I'm using a feature only available in recent GZDoom builds that Delta Touch doesn't support. I recommend downloading the latest official GZDoom release.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

I tell you something nise to use gzdoom for pc but good what you do is already and I really appreciate this beautiful mod
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Any plans on implementing a CVAR that either...

1) limits the amount of blood and gibs on the map at any given time
or
2) makes the excess gibs fade away after a configurable timed delay?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Any plans on implementing a CVAR that either...

1) limits the amount of blood and gibs on the map at any given time
or
2) makes the excess gibs fade away after a configurable timed delay?
Haven't thought about it, no. Might be worth looking into. Either that, or a CVAR that just disables them entirely. I'll have to think on it.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

It's high time I praised this great mod.

I took interest in Zagemod when I was in search of something similar to Final Doomer+, one od my favourites. Let me say, it (Zagemod) didn't disappoint. It's now up there with my fav gameplay/weapon Doom mods, alongside Weapons of Saturn, FD+, DRL Arsenal, D4T, Highway to Hell, High Noon Drifter... I think it could make it to the top 3 even.

And you always push for new stuff and constant updates, I love it.

Fav classes are ST-Guy, Alpha Guy, Quakeguy and Zoragal.

I had intended to suggest swapping the recent kick animation for something else, it looked too ballet-like, imo. Thus it didn't pack a punch (pardon the pun). But you've just swapped it in the new version for something new and better. Lucky me.

Still, one suggestion, if I may: consider swapping Quakeguy's single shotgun sprite with something more akin to Doom 64's shotty. It looks more similar to OG Quake's imo. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I love the mod. Keep up the good work and thank you.
Kaptin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kaptin »

I found bug armor bonuses regular ones refills your armor at 199% instead 200%
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Kaptin wrote:I found bug armor bonuses regular ones refills your armor at 199% instead 200%
Not a bug, see changelog. Armor bonuses only replenish to 199% now while wearing green armor, to guarantee that the player is able to pick up the Mega Armor if found, without having to damage themselves. While wearing Mega Armor, it will replenish to 200%.
Kaptin

Post by Kaptin »

silentzora wrote:
Kaptin wrote:I found bug armor bonuses regular ones refills your armor at 199% instead 200%
Not a bug, see changelog. Armor bonuses only replenish to 199% now while wearing green armor, to guarantee that the player is able to pick up the Mega Armor if found, without having to damage themselves. While wearing Mega Armor, it will replenish to 200%.
Wouldn't be better just add ability to double press space to pick up blue armor? when you have 200% Also i would suggest adding scavenger mod so ammo boxes won't give you only 2 bullets
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

Hey, just a small thing, but in the megaWAD Doom 2 the Way id Did (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ads/d2twid) the Heer Sergeant replaces the Dopefish in MAP32 and kinda breaks the map since it A: is way easier than the Dopefish and B: doesn't trip the trigger for the level to end. The other custom enemies in MAP31 seem to work just fine, so it's probably just a conflict caused by Zagemod overriding the enemy D2TWiD is trying to replace with the Dopefish.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Dwailing wrote:Hey, just a small thing, but in the megaWAD Doom 2 the Way id Did (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ads/d2twid) the Heer Sergeant replaces the Dopefish in MAP32 and kinda breaks the map since it A: is way easier than the Dopefish and B: doesn't trip the trigger for the level to end. The other custom enemies in MAP31 seem to work just fine, so it's probably just a conflict caused by Zagemod overriding the enemy D2TWiD is trying to replace with the Dopefish.
Only way that can be fixed is to write a patch that adds the Dopefish back in. Heer Sergeant by itself does not replace it, but rather, a Nazi spawner, which will spawn one of I think eight variants.
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

silentzora wrote:
Dwailing wrote:Hey, just a small thing, but in the megaWAD Doom 2 the Way id Did (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ads/d2twid) the Heer Sergeant replaces the Dopefish in MAP32 and kinda breaks the map since it A: is way easier than the Dopefish and B: doesn't trip the trigger for the level to end. The other custom enemies in MAP31 seem to work just fine, so it's probably just a conflict caused by Zagemod overriding the enemy D2TWiD is trying to replace with the Dopefish.
Only way that can be fixed is to write a patch that adds the Dopefish back in. Heer Sergeant by itself does not replace it, but rather, a Nazi spawner, which will spawn one of I think eight variants.
I figured that was the problem. No worries. It's the nature of doing monster replacements via DeHackEd patches. Might I suggest adding an option to disable Nazi variants to fix both this and other issues potentially caused by DeHackEd patches? Kinsie did that in Metadoom and it seems a very elegant solution to the problem instead of trying to patch every single mod which replaces Nazis. Your call, of course; I have no idea how much work this would require, so just consider this one guy's two cents. :)
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

I thought I replied this before. There's the sv_corpsequeuesize CVar, with the default value being 64. It originally came from Hexen, due to the respawning enemies, to prevent too many corpses on the map at any given time. You can use this for more than just corpses, like gibs and other clutter. Just put A_QueueCorpse somewhere in a state. Just don't forget that the state mustn't loop, or else one item will count as multiple or fill up the whole queue all by itself.

The Ettin and EttinMace actors for reference:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Ettin
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:EttinMace

Edit: For monsters resurrected by Arch-Viles, put A_DeQueueCorpse in their raise states.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

DabbingSquidward wrote:I thought I replied this before. There's the sv_corpsequeuesize CVar, with the default value being 64. It originally came from Hexen, due to the respawning enemies, to prevent too many corpses on the map at any given time. You can use this for more than just corpses, like gibs and other clutter. Just put A_QueueCorpse somewhere in a state. Just don't forget that the state mustn't loop, or else one item will count as multiple or fill up the whole queue all by itself.

The Ettin and EttinMace actors for reference:

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Ettin
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:EttinMace

Edit: For monsters resurrected by Arch-Viles, put A_DeQueueCorpse in their raise states.
The current dev build features an option to disable blood and gore. Is there a particular reason as to why queueing monsters might be necessary? Monster spawning doesn't work like it does in Hexen.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

No, not for queueing monsters. But you can queue gibs too. So, instead of disabling blood and gore entirely, you can set a soft limit to how many gibs can exist at the same time. Since this is controlled by the sv_corpsequeuesize CVar, everyone can set this to their preference depending on their computer performance. If you set it to 1000 (which you likely never reach in vanilla maps anyway), and an 1001th gib piece is spawned, the oldest in the game is removed from play. WildWeasel's Accessories to Murder uses this to limit the amount of blood splats on floors and ceilings, because they're 3D models.
https://github.com/wildweasel486/ww-doo ... enudef.txt, line 37

https://github.com/wildweasel486/ww-doo ... ueuecorpse shows all results. It's used for droplets, liquids and ceiling blood splatter.

There's some more mods that use the queue to achieve different effects, however I can't recall any of them by name right now.
Last edited by StroggVorbis on Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”