Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Hell-Forged - (0.9b Alpha released! P.299.) Testers Need

Post by Captain J »

I knew Icarus would review this, but kinda took a while. But glad he played it and told his honest thoughts on Hell Forged. Congratulations, Amuscaria!
headlesszombie
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by headlesszombie »

Just downloaded this today after seeing the Doom mod madness for it. The mod is great so far, but is there a reason why my character grunts like a female? I have male selected in the player options but it is still a female voice?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

headlesszombie wrote:Just downloaded this today after seeing the Doom mod madness for it. The mod is great so far, but is there a reason why my character grunts like a female? I have male selected in the player options but it is still a female voice?
Very few mods take the Gender option in Player Options into account.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And besides, Amuscaria is still working on adding the gender-diverse playable characters... And more! I think we should wait for more surprise.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:This is what I meant with marking this week's Friday in your calendar.
I just saw. I feel honored. Thanks for the notice! :D
headlesszombie wrote:Just downloaded this today after seeing the Doom mod madness for it. The mod is great so far, but is there a reason why my character grunts like a female? I have male selected in the player options but it is still a female voice?
The version 1.0 release will allow you to choose between male and female. :) You can see the sprites on the previous pages. Still gotta make the crouch (more like a crawl in this case) sprites, but I might leave that off to version 1.1 because I need to finish 1.0 so I can get long break from Dooming.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

In the Testing Grounds, i just landed on this section very earlier - i couldn't find the way out but there was only one door that requires all three skull key. Hopping on boxes didn't work either. Is there any way i can escape this section without collecting all three keys?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Nope. Thats a bug. I've added a teleporter to that area already for the next version. Im unsure how you got in there so early, though.
Empyre

Post by Empyre »

I suggest making the inside of the door not require the keys, so the keys would required to get in, but not required to get out. This would be beneficial in coop if a player with the keys opens the door and another player without the key enters, so that player wouldn't be trapped. Also, do similar with other locked doors. Alternatively, have the door stay open.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

All key doors stay open once they're unlocked in HF already (Atleast they should).

Regarding to the map Captain J is referring to, I think he jumped down from the Armor secret within the Yellow room. The teleporter I've added should fix that sequence break. That or i can just add a fence that prevents the player from jumping down.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

The version i'm playing is v09b, but it seems there are no Teleporter available in this area. I can see it on the map, but it's inaccessible no matter how i try. But glad you're finding the solution right now.
Amuscaria wrote:Nope. Thats a bug. I've added a teleporter to that area already for the next version. Im unsure how you got in there so early, though.
You see, there are no fences around the armor secret i just found. So it's easier to pass through if you're insightful enough.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Pre-Release Beta is Now Live!

Managed to finish what I needed for the pre-release beta test. SBARINFO was much easier than I thought it would be. See patch notes below for changes.

The 1.0 release is planned for the end of August or early September. Hopefully i'll be able to finish up all that is needed until then. Still got a few minor things to add, but nothing that is needed for the game to work. Mostly player crouch sprites, mugs for the 2 player sexes, kick attack for the Templar sword and some misc. menu graphics. *Shouldn't* take too long, I hope, unless work or pet birds bogs me down again. :P

Made some flow changes to HF1M7: Tower of Command. It should now allow you to flow between hubs much easier after getting the skull key of the next hub's color. It will need testing to make sure all paths work properly. Added some power-ups to that map as well to help with the boss fight for the observant players.

Patch Notes:
Spoiler:
Download Link (0.99 beta): https://uofi.box.com/s/5e18mlgkguy7v9suqcop9x16dsazzyhk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Captain J: Well you're just in time for 0.99 Beta! :D Fixes all of those bugs.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Re: Hell-Forged - (Prerelease Beta Now Live!) Need Testers (

Post by Captain J »

Those are some promising changes. And about time too! Thanks for the update!... However, is there any way i can download the TC without making a new account, login, and then sign some kind of... College survey? The link you posted shows what i said.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain J wrote:Those are some promising changes. And about time too! Thanks for the update!... However, is there any way i can download the TC without making a new account, login, and then sign some kind of... College survey? The link you posted shows what i said.
Forgot to change the share-link to the right option. Should work now.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Amuscaria wrote: ►Added optional mushroom plush collectibles; 1 in each map. Collect all 9 to get to super-secret map (v 1.1). :)
The "(v 1.1)" note means that's the version in which this map is planned to appear, right? So it's not in yet.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

@Gez. Yup. Don't have time to make it for the v1.0.

Note to all: There is a bug in HF1M8 in the White room where the teleported inside the pillar will take you to the wrong secret. This has been fixed for the next version.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”