[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

Yeah... I wonder. Also i wonder if Raven Software would make another Heretic or Hexen Game to explain their ride? I don't know-
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Exeor wrote:I made a Golden Statue of the Serpent Riders yesterday, got inspired from the one found in Super Metroid :D
Nice statue. That's an Eidolon sprite set I started arround late 2009. I have to finish it some day. Here two variants.

At this moment I'm focused in finishing DOOM 3 Earth in Hell, but if I still have energy after that a Hexen 3 is the next goal.
Last edited by Vegeta(dw) on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Very nice. Much more of a sprite and much less of a model rip. I think that, the second one looks better. Even though it's about the same height as the first, it conveys the height and relative proportions of the original better IMO.
Conmeister

Post by Conmeister »

Ahh, I remember when I found the Korax Rider (Korax and DSparil together) sprite sheets by UnTrustable a long time ago. I love how it really turned out, especially the Heresiarch one but it's sadly unfinished. I hope someone could finish it someday, who knows. I once tried to mess around coding Korax Rider in decorate last 4 months ago but I wasn't able to finish it yet so I'll see about it later on. I'll be really happy if 2 variants of Eidolon sprite sets are done in the future (Or only the second variant first). It still look great though, not gonna lie. The golden Statue of the Serpent Riders looks awesome btw.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:
Exeor wrote:I made a Golden Statue of the Serpent Riders yesterday, got inspired from the one found in Super Metroid :D
Nice statue. That's an Eidolon sprite set I started arround late 2009. I have to finish it some day. Here two variants.

At this moment I'm focused in finishing DOOM 3 Earth in Hell, but if I still have energy after that a Hexen 3 is the next goal.
Oh, sorry for not giving you credit for the Eidolon sprite, I made a small edit in his legs to fit in the pedestal with the rest of them. I really wish to see a complete sprite sheet of Eidolon someday, the Maulotaur + Baron of Hell can be a good base to start with.

And yes, Korax is very similar to a Chaos Serpent instead of a demon like Eidolon. Probably we will never know the weird decisions of Raven about Hexen and Hexen 2 or even the changes during the development, everyone has his own headcanon about this franchise at least, that is what makes it to get a mysterious charm.

Anyway, thanks for the comments!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Now that's some very nice and Raven-looking sprite there! I do really hope the recreation of Hexen II on doom engine would be a real thing. That would be so breathtaking.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

Heres a chair, its wooden. You sit in it. Sometimes you can fall. Sometimes you can fall asleep in it. Its a nice chair.
Attachments
A Chair... Just a Chair.
A Chair... Just a Chair.
Wooden Chair.png (13.09 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Graaicko wrote:Heres a chair, its wooden. You sit in it. Sometimes you can fall. Sometimes you can fall asleep in it. Its a nice chair.
inb4 wolf3d chairs
Graaicko

Post by Graaicko »

If you don't like wood. We also have Grey chairs. Pretty Comfortable.
Attachments
Moarrr chairs.
Moarrr chairs.
Base Chair.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Graaicko

Post by Graaicko »

And if you don't like the look of the most basic object in life. Then we have these very nice looking chairs to make your living space more modern looking.
Attachments
Even moar chairs
Even moar chairs
Fancy Chairs.png (4.29 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Neat Chairs, Chairmen!
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Working on stuff and things.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Canned Yams wrote:
retsuko.png
well thats that

[Edit] and fenneko
fenneko.png
also ^ nice hat
Aggretsuko!
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

Small dagger with Hexen cleric's hands. This is my first weapon sprite and I drew it by hand, any comments/feedback?
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

fluffyshambler wrote: Small dagger with Hexen cleric's hands. This is my first weapon sprite and I drew it by hand, any comments/feedback?
Very nice, the shading on the pommel looks a tiny bit pillowy but that'd be easily fixed by adding a sharp highlight to the area near its top, and then maybe some reflected light underneath.
dagger2.png
dagger2.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
my attempt is a little styilized but hopefully you get what i mean :)

Return to “General”