Books And Blue

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Matias

Books And Blue

Post by Matias »

Here is my latest doom wad, Books And Blue
Name comes from the main textures used

Game: DOOM II
Map: Map01
Format: UDMF
Sourceport: GZDoom

Hardware rendering required! ("Hardware Accelerated")
Dynamic lights required (some areas use only dynamic lights)
Load lights and brightmaps in your GZDoom resources

Made for GZDoom, other sourceports are not tested
Tested with GZDoom versions 3.6.0 , 4.1.1 and 4.1.3

This map uses Dynamic lights, 3d floors and transparent "glass" 3dfloors

No jumping or crouching
Freelook recommended but it shouldn't be necessary.
Turning on freelook and turning off autoaim may be useful in some situations
There is 187 monsters in this map, and difficulty settings are not implemented

For some reason the secret count shows 17 secrets even tho there is only 11.
If someone knows where to start looking for the issue or a fast way to look for sectors set as secrets please let me know!
I was not able to find any sectors marked as secrets that were not meant to be

SCREENSHOTS (May look too dark)
Spoiler:
Credits
MIDI: Fookerton (Fookmidi) https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... some-midi/
SKY: Mechadon (Mek's Box 'o Skies v3) https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/9 ... ore-skies/

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xFUZPN ... 4A5Wt/view
LOZ_98
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Books And Blue

Post by LOZ_98 »

Very good, I like your use of Point Lights, and the bridge leading to the Final battle looks very nice. There's one slight issue you might want to fix though.

https://i.postimg.cc/Z5QD3PBs/Screensho ... 200234.png

Monsters and players are able to walk through the middle texture here, not sure if this is intentional but it looks odd.
Matias

Post by Matias »

LOZ_98 wrote:Very good, I like your use of Point Lights, and the bridge leading to the Final battle looks very nice. There's one slight issue you might want to fix though.
Monsters and players are able to walk through the middle texture here, not sure if this is intentional but it looks odd.
Thanks! That is intentional just to get those health bonuses, i understand that it might look a bit odd and why it might be considered a mistake but reports of possible mistakes are always appreciated!
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

This was a fun map. I love the theme and it made for some very nice design. I am a big fan of lighting and you did some nice work with that. 3 secrets I could not find. :( I know one is blue armor in the fireplace but don't how to get it.

Here is a nice gameplay video I did :)

eLeR

Post by eLeR »

The commentary is in the form of Youtube EN and PL subtitles.
Matias

Post by Matias »

Rex705 wrote:This was a fun map. I love the theme and it made for some very nice design. I am a big fan of lighting and you did some nice work with that.
Thanks! And thank you for the feedback and gameplay video! That is always helpful for future projects

eLeR Thanks for the video! That is a really interesting way of doing a doom video
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

Loving the map, man! Really well made and the palette is nice. The use of different floor heights and lighting is nice as well. Very colourful and engaging :)
Matias

Post by Matias »

Thorogrimm wrote:Loving the map, man! Really well made and the palette is nice. The use of different floor heights and lighting is nice as well. Very colourful and engaging :)
Thank you so much! glad you liked it :D
Smoke_333

Post by Smoke_333 »

Fun map! (I did have to resurrect a few times lol.) Definitely a noticeable improvement from your first map. I enjoyed the overlapping design and different layers in the rooms.
Matias

Post by Matias »

Smoke_333 wrote:Fun map! (I did have to resurrect a few times lol.) Definitely a noticeable improvement from your first map. I enjoyed the overlapping design and different layers in the rooms.
Thank you very much for playing and for the feedback!

Return to “Levels”