HeXeReTiC Fantasy v3.1.1 (Update 27 Oct 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LOLANONIMUS

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition (Updated 12 Jul 2018)

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

For android
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:For android
If you use Delta Touch, Hexeretic Fantasy works perfectly either with the stable or the developer build included (3.7. something so far.) I think there's a free version of GZdoom for android around, which I assume is the one you're using. From personal experience, I'd really recommend you purchase delta touch; it's like $1.50 dollars, but it's constantly updated with the latest dev builds, has cool features, multiplayer, etc.
batos2

Post by batos2 »

Very cool the mod, I am having fun with him. :)

But what disappoints me is... that there is no version or patch for it to be played with the IWAD of Doom 2. :(
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

batos2 wrote:Very cool the mod, I am having fun with him. :)

But what disappoints me is... that there is no version or patch for it to be played with the IWAD of Doom 2. :(
This isn't meant to be used with Doom 2; HeX has a different one for that.
batos2

Post by batos2 »

I hope that in some update that you are going to announce for your mod..

You Add Serpent Staff, Bloodscourge and Wraithverge, those staffs from Hexen. :D
LowEndPCGamer100

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

HXRTC Project is basically this mod but for doom
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition R1 (Updated 19 Jul 201

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there guys! A minor maintenance update of H-Fantasy addon is available for download (named Revision 1, or R1 to be shorter). You can check the latest changes and download links at first post as usual. :wink:

Also announcing that version 2.0 is still gonna take a while to release, but at least these last weeks I have found some valuable resources (sprites, sounds, etc.) that could be easily implemented on next addon branch. For now, I can't estimate for now how long can it take, but if anything goes OK, the H-Fantasy v2.0 will become soon a reality! Just be patient my friends, I promise it will worth the wait... :winker:

Meanwhile, have fun everyone! 8-)
batos2

Post by batos2 »

LowEndPCGamer100 wrote:

HXRTC Project is basically this mod but for doom
But there are no Wands, Staffs, Crossbows and Rods in HXRTC Project for DOOM. :?
Hexereticdoom wrote:Hi there guys! A minor maintenance update of H-Fantasy addon is available for download (named Revision 1, or R1 to be shorter). You can check the latest changes and download links at first post as usual. :wink:

Also announcing that version 2.0 is still gonna take a while to release, but at least these last weeks I have found some valuable resources (sprites, sounds, etc.) that could be easily implemented on next addon branch. For now, I can't estimate for now how long can it take, but if anything goes OK, the H-Fantasy v2.0 will become soon a reality! Just be patient my friends, I promise it will worth the wait... :winker:

Oh my, the new update I hope while I test the R1. :D
LowEndPCGamer100

Hexereticdoom wrote:Hi there guys! A minor maintenance update of H-Fantasy addon is available for download (named Revision 1, or R1 to be shorter). You can check the latest changes and download links at first post as usual. :wink:

Glad to see one of my favorite mods still on the grid, great work, as always of course
Miru

Post by Miru »

When I run this, the HUD doesn't display at all. Neither this mod's HUD or a vanilla one. Any help getting it to display? I enabled the Custom HUD in options, but it still doesn't show up.
batos2 wrote:I hope that in some update that you are going to announce for your mod..

You Add Serpent Staff, Bloodscourge and Wraithverge, those staffs from Hexen. :D
That would be a good idea. It struck me as odd Heretic lacked true superweaponry. But I have an idea about how they would appear; players may have to assemble them to use them.

And about the Heretic 2 enemies, maybe they and the Hexen 2 enemies could be recreated in sprite form, similar to how MetaDoom handles things?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Miru wrote:When I run this, the HUD doesn't display at all. Neither this mod's HUD or a vanilla one. Any help getting it to display? I enabled the Custom HUD in options, but it still doesn't show up.
Hello, have you set in GZDoom's Display Options a screensize of 11? This is essential to make appear the HUD or other customized ones, please check it.
LowEndPCGamer100

This may be a silly question, but is Hexen compatibility planned for this mod?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

LowEndPCGamer100 wrote:This may be a silly question, but is Hexen compatibility planned for this mod?
I think the answer would be no.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition R2 (Updated 7 Mar 2020

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello guys, how is it going? B-)

After some time, I've released finally another update for H-Fantasy Special Edition, in shape of Revision 2 (R2 to be shorter). In this one, I have introduced various generic improvements and several important changes, as an small advance for the forthcoming version of the addon, the v2.0. Also, one of the most notable changes is the compatibility with Blasphemer wad file (which is currently in experimental phase, but maybe someday it shall reach the first stable version), so you won't require the original Heretic wads anymore to play with your favourite Heretic-based megawads! :)

For a bit more information, you can check the latest list of changes and download links at first post, as usual so far. :wink:

Hope you have lots of fun with this release, and remember that any bug reports are welcome!
LowEndPCGamer100 wrote:This may be a silly question, but is Hexen compatibility planned for this mod?
Nope, sorry... But as I mentioned before, the addon is fully compatible with Blasphemer (the equivalent to FreeDoom for Heretic). If you wanna try it, you can grab one of the latest releases from here:

https://github.com/Blasphemer/blaspheme ... l-build(s)

Bye for now, everyone! 8-)
batos2

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition R2 (Updated 7 Mar 2020

Post by batos2 »

Hey, with the update of 7 Mar 2020, I tried to run Doom 2 and Hexen with this mod and this time both games were executed without error although... :o

It is a potential to a compatibility patch for Doom 2 and Hexen and without forgetting the sounds?

¡HeXeReTiCDOOM! :?:

When I used this mod with Hexen, some items like potions and flaks were replaced by from Hexeretic.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”