PORT OF ADIA from Turok 2 [Section 1-1]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ASO3000

PORT OF ADIA from Turok 2 [Section 1-1]

Post by ASO3000 »

Some of you might remember Turok 2, one of the best shooters of its generation. It got a remaster in 2017 and I had a blast with it. *siiip* Yup, they don't make them like they used to....
Anyways, I got this crazy idea of remaking some of it in Doom. Of course 3D level design is rather challenging to achieve here, so it's not 100% faithful. Also, I didn't make any enemies, so for now there's only the standard Doom enemies roaming around. I added the Talon and Bow from Turok 2 as well as the objectives. A special addition is the notorious cerebral B.O.R.E (not in the original level, so you have to spawn it yourself).

DOWNLOAD HERE!

Here are some pictures:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Turok 2 Assets, original map, sounds and music: Acclaim Entertainment
Cerebralbore.wad by Gezzdt
Fire.wad from Realm667
PowerRingPads.wad from Realm667
Everything else: ASO3000, with help by /vr/'s Doom Thread
Rex705

Re: PORT OF ADIA from Turok 2 [Section 1-1]

Post by Rex705 »

OMG Yes! I have always wanted someone to make a Turok TC. I can't wait to check this out.
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

Thanks, please tell me how you liked it. Please note that I don't plan on doing a TC. But there seems to be one

https://www.turokforums.com/index.php?topic=579.0

I can't get it to run, though because of Decorate stuff.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Well maybe one day someone can expand on this and make an awesome Turok 2 TC. How do I play the PORT OF ADIA level? I just get normal doom with the weapons.
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

Rex705 wrote:How do I play the PORT OF ADIA level? I just get normal doom with the weapons.
The map is called "Adia". Just call it through console like you would any other map. I might update in the future so the level starts automatically.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

ASO3000 wrote:The map is called "Adia". Just call it through console like you would any other map. I might update in the future so the level starts automatically.
Thing is, I woouldn't do that with any other map because nearly all maps are just called MAP01 and therefore start automatically, or they've been given a MAPINFO to make them start from the menu. Expecting people to figure this out isn't the best approach.

Anyway, I'll grab the map later when I get a moment. It looks interesting. I've actually been (slowly) working my way through Turok 2 recently since I got it off GOG a little while back.
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

Enjay wrote:Thing is, I woouldn't do that with any other map because nearly all maps are just called MAP01 and therefore start automatically, or they've been given a MAPINFO to make them start from the menu. Expecting people to figure this out isn't the best approach.
Can you please explain? English is not my first language and I am a bit confused. Do you mean I should NOT call it MAP01 or that I should?

But cheers for playing Turok 2. I think the Remaster is absolutely terrific. I really don't miss the N64 in the slightest. By the way, depending on how far you already are, do the Swamp before the Lost River. Swamp is piss easy and gives you a bit of a heads-up for the River.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Sorry for the confusion. I mean that you should.

If you call it MAP01 (which is what nearly every single map released is called inside the WAD) then it will run straight from the menu when you start a game. No need to use the console.
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

Thanks, I changed it.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

this was a really good recreation of this map nice job.
Pedro vc

Post by Pedro vc »

It would be cool if you managed to replicate Turok's 2 kick ass gore effects
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

This was a fun bit of nostalgia and makes me want to play Turok 2 again. I made a nice little gameplay video for the map.

It would be fun to see someone make a Turok 2 TC one day.
ASO3000

Post by ASO3000 »

@pedro vc
I made a raptor enemy and considered doing the gore death from the Turok raptors, but I am not talented enough to pull it off properly.

@Rex705
Nice playthrough, seems a bit bright, though? Did you use no other mods than Turok Doom? Because the gore seems more.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

ASO3000 wrote:@Rex705
Nice playthrough, seems a bit bright, though? Did you use no other mods than Turok Doom? Because the gore seems more.
I probably have Nash Gore Vengence on and I use ReShade for advanced lighting.
Ventolin13

Post by Ventolin13 »

You're amazing man. . .

Return to “Levels”