Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sumwunn

Re: Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

Post by Sumwunn »

Sure. You mean like new selection all together or extra tiers for Archvile, Cyberdemon & Mastermind?
Sir Strange

Post by Sir Strange »

Found a bug (and maybe another if the way that it happens is unintended)
So I was playing with colorful hell and I used the rare (blue) archvile summon and it can resurrect dead monsters to be friendly (possible bug) however, you can shoot the friendly resurrected monsters to kill them again. Also the difficulty was hell

I also have a suggestion:
Is it possible to list the version of the mod that your playing on? I had an old version and I didn't know it.

EDIT: The archvile can't be shot, but the friendly resurrected monsters can be.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

Sumwunn wrote:Sure. You mean like new selection all together or extra tiers for Archvile, Cyberdemon & Mastermind?
I was just thinking new tiers to existing summons, the summon menu for skills is already larger than the others, might start looking weird if a bunch of new summon icons are thrown in, plus it might offset the op-ness of them a bit if you had to pay all the previous tier chip costs on top of the high costs the new tiers would probably have.

And for clarification, I meant basically every enemy that isn't a megaboss being summonable, Lord of the abyss, Cacobyss, Hellstorm elemental, Terminator, Abominant, Bruiser brothers, Agony elemental, and so on. It's fine if that's too much to do.

I mainly asked about this because I love playing summoners in games where it's possible, Diablo 2's necromancer comes to mind specifically.

Also, I stumbled upon a megaboss agony elemental at one point, apparently the things it spews out also count as megabosses, ensuing hundreds of lootsplosions slowing the game to a crawl.
Last edited by Crimsondrgn on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EricaOnline

Post by EricaOnline »

Sumwunn wrote:Hmm, those errors are unrelated to DRPG.

You're probably just missing the patches.

Load order for LD & CH w/ DRPG will look like this:
legendoom.pk3
colourfulhell.pk3
DoomRPG\DoomRPG
DoomRPG\DoomRPG-Brightmaps (If you want)
--- The patches which make everything work:
DoomRPG\DoomRPG-LegenDoom
DoomRPG\DoomRPG-ColourfulHell
Hey Sumwunn - speaking of patches, just wanted to check before I potentially needlessly spend a bunch of time learning how something works (which I'm normally down for, but I'm a bit time-poor right now):
If I wanted to use a monster mod with DRPG SE other than the DRLA or Colorful Hell ones (e.g. Hellwalker standalone version, DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer, Cyber's Monster Randomizer, or Heretical Doom's monster pack), I would need to write my own compatibility patch, right?

Not that I mind having to do that - and if I do, I'll post the patch(es) here - but I just wanted to be sure that the reason those mods weren't working was "because they're not compatible out-of-the-box," not "because you're lazy and didn't try enough different load order combos."

Thanks!
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hello, can there be a translation into Spanish?
Sir Strange

Post by Sir Strange »

Crimsondrgn wrote:Would it at all be possible to add in higher-end summons for when you're using Doom Roguelike Arsenal's monster pack? Feels a bit weird to have so many variants of enemy types unable to be allies as well, including bosses like the bruiser brothers. With how powerful the player can get on their own, I don't think it would be all that broken to allow such a thing.
On the subject of higher-end summons, could it be possible to do something like add sort of the same thing for Colorful Hell? Like leveling up past rare to say black or white tier (or at least the max tier at the time). I think it would be fun to summon a white cybie and just watch it tear through everything.
TimeGearCD

Post by TimeGearCD »

Yeah, I also agree with higher-end summons.
Especially for colorful hell, I feel like you can't summon all the cool monsters of colorful hell with just normal/green/blue.
Lowkey just had to get an archvile to revive the cooler enemies lol
ProudCipher

Post by ProudCipher »

Just a heads up: Doom 1 compat is broken. I tried using the original compatibility fix WAD but that just broke it even worse lol.
A little salty that I had to trash a great start, but eh, I'm just glad to see my favorite Doom mod up and running again.
Good luck in the future, man!
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Updated DoomRPG Rebalance. You can download the mod here https://github.com/WNC12k/DoomRPG-Rebalance.

There are a lot of changes. I'll try to describe it briefly.

Implemented such well-known WAD'S as:

– Alien Vendetta;
– Scythe 2;
– Plutonia 2;
– Memento Mori;
– Memento Mori 2;
– Requiem;
– Jenesis;
– Hell Revealed;
– Hell Revealed 2;
– Speed of Doom;
– Vanguard.

Now you can move from one WAD TO another using transport from the location Outpost.

Introduction WAD's was implemented based on an existing add-DoomRPG WadSmoosh, which allowed you to navigate through the transport between Doom 1, Doom 2, etc. commercial parts of the game. Therefore, the addition decided to call WadSmoosh Expansion Pack, you can download it here https://github.com/WNC12k/DoomRPG-WadSm ... p/releases. Connects to DoomRPG and other supplements through a patch. In the game menu, you can choose which WAD you prefer to see in the game, and which to disable.

As for the rebalance itself. The goal is to make the player interesting to pass one WAD after another, while maintaining the integrity of the passage and leveling. So was cut get XP, loot, rewards for missions, the drop rate of upgrades, unique weapons and armor, etc. To pass, for example, part of the game Doom 1 at the end of the character there was still a lot of potential for pumping and the player was able to follow this character in Doom 2, Alien Vendetta, or in any other preferred WAD.

Why this was done if there is the preservation of the character and you can always include another WAD, You ask?

The answer is in DoomRPG have a script which increases the strength of monsters depending on rooms passable level, and when the player rebooted the game with the new WAD and the old character of this counter was reset and monster power was too low. With WadSmoosh Expansion Pack it will not. Therefore, it was necessary for the proper operation of DoomRPG Rebalance. Of course craftsmen run other WADs through the console and the counter worked correctly, but now everything is implemented inside the game.

I would also recommend installing WadSmoosh with original WAD's – link https://github.com/WNC12k/DoomRPG-WadSmoosh/releases. A total of 17 WAD's.

Please, anyone interested, to test the assembly and to express their opinion or comments.

Play with DoomRL Arsenal and DoomRL Monsters 1.1.1 Beta 7.1 recommended difficulty: Adaptive.

When you start the game, be sure to reset DoomRPG to its default settings, as many of the options available in the menu have been changed for balance reasons.
SatanTheTranquil
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SatanTheTranquil »

First I want to thank all of your glorious bastards for doing all of this. It's amazing. I've just got into Doom Mods and playing them. I am, an absolute idiot, and I need some help.
I am trying to set up a peer to peer multiplayer game using the DOOM RPG SE Launcher v1.1.0.
I can play this flawlessly on a single player game, everything works swimmingly.
My friend and I have the exact same mod set ups, as I used Dropbox to give him all of the files.
After port forwarding 2059, having a static ip address, and everything else I can think of, when one of us tries to connect to the other, it just hangs at contacting host. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong or how to resolve this issue?
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

lucker42 wrote:Updated DoomRPG Rebalance. You can download the mod here https://github.com/WNC12k/DoomRPG-Rebalance.
There doesn't seem to be a page for reporting issues in your Git, so I'll report it here: GZDoom crashes when attempting to load your DoomRPG-RLArsenal folder. I'm using GZDoom 4.2.1 and DRLA 1.1.2 and DRLA Monsters Beta 7.2.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Soul Sucka wrote:
lucker42 wrote:Updated DoomRPG Rebalance. You can download the mod here https://github.com/WNC12k/DoomRPG-Rebalance.
There doesn't seem to be a page for reporting issues in your Git, so I'll report it here: GZDoom crashes when attempting to load your DoomRPG-RLArsenal folder. I'm using GZDoom 4.2.1 and DRLA 1.1.2 and DRLA Monsters Beta 7.2.
That's because Sumwunn's Edition and Rebalance haven't updated their support to the new DRLA and DRLA Monsters versions yet. Sumwunn mentioned on his github when asked that he's busy with collage till probably either November or December (forgot which.) And I don't think Rebalance can update their respective DRLA supports until Sumwunn does. Not sure if that's how it works. Just a hunch.
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

BoneofMalkav wrote: That's because Sumwunn's Edition and Rebalance haven't updated their support to the new DRLA and DRLA Monsters versions yet. Sumwunn mentioned on his github when asked that he's busy with collage till probably either November or December (forgot which.) And I don't think Rebalance can update their respective DRLA supports until Sumwunn does. Not sure if that's how it works. Just a hunch.
SE actually works fine with the newest DRLA versions, intentionally or otherwise. :P
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

In fork DoomRPG Rebalance added compatibility with mod Target Spy. Special thanks to the user m8f - the developer of the mod.

Now the maximum health and level of monsters are displayed correctly.

Some screenshots.

PS: since my last post in this thread, Doom RPG Rebalance has undergone many changes. Therefore, those who are interested in this fork-I recommend to download the new version from github.
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaattttttttsssssss going on guys!

Compatibility patches are updated and you can buy the new DRLA modpack in the shop if you have the coin.

Scream at me if anything is missing.

EDIT:
With the effort of WNC12k (aka lucker42) and m8f, the main branch now has Target Spy support! Be sure to turn off DRPG's health bars and turn on Additional Info in Target Spy to achieve desired results!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”