Weapon Sway - ZScript Edition! [dead]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nash

Re: Weapon Sway - ZScript Edition! v1.0 officially out now

Post by Nash »

neoworm wrote:Thanks. I was going midly insane when I tried to find out where is the problem yesterday.
Sorry for the late reply. Can you describe to me what the problem is? I don't seem to see it.

I've tried loading your axe.wad with, and without WeaponSway, and swinging your axe weapon, while frantically moving the mouse. Both look identical to me.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Would it be possible Nash for the sway to bob up and down upon jumping or landing? I seen a similar effect done in the Golden souls 3 teaser trailer and it reminded me of how Bloods weapon bobbing is handled. that would look sick as hell. :O
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I don't know if it's been reported but I just loaded this up with Trailblazer and when dual wielding only the left weapon sways.
Nash

Post by Nash »

doomfiend wrote:Would it be possible Nash for the sway to bob up and down upon jumping or landing?
This falls into the same area of problem that I explained on the first page:
Nash wrote: The problem with the vertical option is, even if I enable it ONLY for the jump inertia, you will start to see glitchy graphics as some weapon sprites literally cut off as soon as it touches the status bar.
Most weapon sprites are too short to make vertical shifting useful. That option is only left in there in case mods want to fully utilize the feature (they would have to provide exceptionally tall sprites to cover the entire range of vertical motion).
Rowsol wrote:I don't know if it's been reported but I just loaded this up with Trailblazer and when dual wielding only the left weapon sways.
I'll have a look, thanks for reporting.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

doomfiend wrote:Would it be possible Nash for the sway to bob up and down upon jumping or landing? I seen a similar effect done in the Golden souls 3 teaser trailer and it reminded me of how Bloods weapon bobbing is handled. that would look sick as hell. :O
Just to clarify, Golden Souls 3 uses this weapon sway script. Nash coded the vertical sway, it's simply disabled because, as he said, if you don't provide custom graphics for the sprites, they'll inevitably be cut out as you look down.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I knew about the verticle sway function (Like how its done in Starwars Dark forces) I was referring to the weapon sprite as a whole bobbing up and down upon landing and jumping (unless if that is what you're talking about)I would love to use that for some of my mods

EDIT: I wonder if I should withhold my post. my brain isn't working today, I can't say what I mean correctly :s

Edit(x2): Ah I saw your post. Hmmm, I suppose theres no way around that?
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Nash wrote:Sorry for the late reply. Can you describe to me what the problem is? I don't seem to see it.

I've tried loading your axe.wad with, and without WeaponSway, and swinging your axe weapon, while frantically moving the mouse. Both look identical to me.
I will check again this weekend. I didn't touched DooM for some time and don't remember exactly anymore.
Nash wrote:Most weapon sprites are too short to make vertical shifting useful. That option is only left in there in case mods want to fully utilize the feature (they would have to provide exceptionally tall sprites to cover the entire range of vertical motion).
I started extending all my sprites to work with the vertical shifting. It's nicely immersive if the sprites are large enough.
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by 3336655445 »

this is what i was looking for thanks!
Nash

Post by Nash »

So is there any point in this mod even existing now? I'm thinking of deleting it, since the other one is more popular, better, more customizable blah blah blah.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I don't think putting it in the patches forum is doing you any favors. If the other mod is indeed an near copy of this why not get it removed? /shrug. Do what you feel is right.
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

I've tried the other mod, but yet still using this one :)
Kazudra

Post by Kazudra »

Rowsol wrote:I don't think putting it in the patches forum is doing you any favors. If the other mod is indeed an near copy of this why not get it removed? /shrug. Do what you feel is right.
The scripting is different.

Ideally I would combine the two, having some nice sway to weapons while utilizing extended sprites. I have two major issues;
1. I don't know the first thing about zscript.
2. I don't know the first thing about zscript.
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Nash wrote:So is there any point in this mod even existing now? I'm thinking of deleting it, since the other one is more popular, better, more customizable blah blah blah.
Spice of life and whatnot? In all seriousness though, I use your version plenty with mods that have extended sprites (Duke Nukem/Blood/Dark Forces). This is especially true with Dark Forces since the original had the same effect minus the x axis swaying. Don't get me wrong, Boondorl's version is pretty awesome too, but yours still serves just as much a purpose. I guess an all in one mod would be rad, but the existence of both is fine just the way it is.

TLDR; good mod, please keep!
Nash

Re: Weapon Sway - ZScript Edition! [dead]

Post by Nash »

There are better alternatives, please use the other one

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”