Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.6

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Tmlr83 wrote:Oh Jesus!!! Thank You a f###in lot for this!!! I love it. It's a great work! One question: I want to use the brutal bolognese gore mod. But when I add it into my ZDL, there're no nice blood-splatter effects in game. Where's the failure...?

Regards
The mod uses its own take on Brutal Doom gore, so Bolognese won't work at all.
groundbeefega wrote:I am having a problem with seeing the campaign. It doesn't show at all when I run this with Doom 2 wad. Am I doing something wrong or does the campaign need to be unlocked?
The Vindicated was removed until Extermination Day is completed, but you can find the beta on Moddb and play it that way.
groundbeefega

Post by groundbeefega »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:
Tmlr83 wrote:Oh Jesus!!! Thank You a f###in lot for this!!! I love it. It's a great work! One question: I want to use the brutal bolognese gore mod. But when I add it into my ZDL, there're no nice blood-splatter effects in game. Where's the failure...?

Regards
groundbeefega wrote:I am having a problem with seeing the campaign. It doesn't show at all when I run this with Doom 2 wad. Am I doing something wrong or does the campaign need to be unlocked?
The Vindicated was removed until Extermination Day is completed, but you can find the beta on Moddb and play it that way.
Ok. Thank you for the response. :)
Tmlr83
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Tmlr83 »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:

Regards

Where're the blood and the splatters at all?? There's no gore like in Brutal Doom, is it...?

Regards
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Tmlr83 wrote: The mod uses its own take on Brutal Doom gore, so Bolognese won't work at all.

Where're the blood and the splatters at all?? There's no gore like in Brutal Doom, is it...?

Regards
This mod uses some sprites from the BD gore with the generous permission of SGT_Mark. The GC team has a bit of a minimalist approach to things like this, and I have followed in that spirit.
The code is my design with some assistance from the rest of the GC team. In the future I plan to clean it up yet again, because its still not up to my standards.
The graphics are unlikely to be changed from their current state.

What follows is a video of when the gore was updated back in version 2.5
It remains unchanged since then, save an update to zscript code by the GC team.

I feel like the gore that is currently present in the mod keeps things fun while adding some visceral elements for excitement and is as far as I plan to take it.
If you're looking for more grotesque flying limbs and such, thats not to my taste and you wont be finding that in my work.

-Dino
Tmlr83

Post by Tmlr83 »

Thank you for your quick response. I don't need any "grotesque flying limbs and such", but in the version i am playing, there's NOTHING! No blood, not one gib at all. I shoot to a monster and it sucks down just without anything. The gore in game is active. Your video from post one shows some blood and thats pretty ok and enough, too. But in my version - as I said: nothing... It's curious.....
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Tmlr83 wrote:Thank you for your quick response. I don't need any "grotesque flying limbs and such", but in the version i am playing, there's NOTHING! No blood, not one gib at all. I shoot to a monster and it sucks down just without anything. The gore in game is active. Your video from post one shows some blood and thats pretty ok and enough, too. But in my version - as I said: nothing... It's curious.....
Make sure toaster gore is turned "off" under "here be dragons" > "convenience options" from the in game menu.

If that doesnt work Try deleting your .ini file as suggested in the FAQ

If that doesnt work start from scratch by following the instructions in this video exactly as you see them
Tmlr83

Post by Tmlr83 »

Had to delete/rename my ini-file and it works! Thank you.

Kind regards... :-D
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Any ETA on those Hexen fixes? I'd like to get back into that.
Tmlr83

Post by Tmlr83 »

Tmlr83 wrote:Had to delete/rename my ini-file and it works! Thank you.

Kind regards... :-D
Hello. I've also found the real problem: If you've activated the "Get-More-Money-Option" (I can not remember the real name of this option), the monsters and enemies will not bleed because they "bleed" gold / Money. That's not the case in Gun Caster. The monsters also bleed when the money option is active ...

Is this a mistake in your mod or is this intended?

Regards
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Valherran wrote:Any ETA on those Hexen fixes? I'd like to get back into that.
Hexen should work now, far as I know.
I haven't actually gotten to test it myself because... busy and stuff, but I tried playing quite a bit and didn't hit any errors in 7 portals.
Tmlr83 wrote:Hello. I've also found the real problem: If you've activated the "Get-More-Money-Option" (I can not remember the real name of this option), the monsters and enemies will not bleed because they "bleed" gold / Money. That's not the case in Gun Caster. The monsters also bleed when the money option is active ...

Is this a mistake in your mod or is this intended?

Regards
No flying blood will spawn in GC Official or GCV when loadsamoney is turned on because it is replaced by dosh.

I've tested this in the official version, decals on the wall and blood pools are the only things that will spawn unless a monster is gibbed, in which case gibs will spawn.

If you are mistaking the "monster got shot" blood for the actual gib blood in GC Official because monsters are easier to gib that's an easy mistake to make.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Hexen should work now, far as I know.
I haven't actually gotten to test it myself because... busy and stuff, but I tried playing quite a bit and didn't hit any errors in 7 portals.
That was fixed earlier. But the Auger not using mana and the rej potions randomly disappearing is a major issue.

I recently found the sword you added, that thing was pretty interesting. However it's totally crap if you find it early and you don't have a suit on, because without the suit buffs it takes 3 swings to kill an Ettin. I can kill them with my fists faster than that, which is pretty depressing. I recommend bringing its base damage up so that it at least kills Ettins in 2 swings without a suit on.

Also the Slaughtars are still causing endless in-fighting on each other when they get caught in each other's stomp attack.
Guudere

Post by Guudere »

Heya. Just discovered this mod and it's quickly becoming my favorite Doom mod. Absolutely love it, great work.

I've been playing it through on a bunch different WADs. Would it be possible to add a slider to increase/decrease monster gold drops or the cost of shop items? Shorter map packs in particular suffer from a lack to cash. The Loads o' Money setting is cute but I miss the blood splatter too much to leave it on.

Also wondering if there's a keybind for toggling strats for the longhorn, auger, ect?

Thanks!
LABAL

Post by LABAL »

there was a properly written wall of text on how i cant keep up with the jittery speedforce infused enemies but it took so long to type i got logged out and now i cant find it in myself to distribute proper punctuation
or muster the will to live

Now that I'm feeling slightly better, are there any plans for adding
Spoiler:
cs89

Post by cs89 »

I started to play Guncaster Vindicated with a megawad with lots of monsters (Zones of Fear) and on Map 15 there was so many effects our PC (Intel Core i7-7700 CPU, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB DDR4 RAM) can't handle it.
I turned on the Toaster Mode and it didn't help much. I guess I have to turn off the gore effects too.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

cs89 wrote:I started to play Guncaster Vindicated with a megawad with lots of monsters (Zones of Fear) and on Map 15 there was so many effects our PC (Intel Core i7-7700 CPU, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB DDR4 RAM) can't handle it.
I turned on the Toaster Mode and it didn't help much. I guess I have to turn off the gore effects too.
It's not recommended to run this MOD on a map with more than 1500 enemies otherwise it will cause frame drops. This MOD was tested under certain wad packs, but I don't think the one you mentioned was on that list. Sometimes maps with an extensive use of torches can also cause frame loss, try messing with the settings more if none of the former is the issue.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”