The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
HAL9000

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by HAL9000 »

I'm practicing modeling, so I made some chaos weapon model replacement for miniatures (for resin 3d print).
Is this overkill for miniature 3d print? I will test print this tomorrow, can't wait.

If the 3d print fails, good thing is that I can always render this to sprites for Doom :D if anyone wants.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

That's a pretty fucking good model, at least. Have no idea how it'll work in a 3D printer, but, that's a ton of detail. Nice work!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It has skulls, rivets, spikes and everything metal. Very hardcore-esq minigun model there! And it's certainly not low-poly at all. Very professional.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Thanks, Here is the 3d print test, I still need to play with the printer settings, mostly slicer and support.
But the details are insane, you can see every skull, rivet & spike on the model. Details on the 3d model were definitely total overkill.

Here are some pics, its hard to zoom and capture details with my phone, it will look better after it heals and dries under UV light tho
Model is only 4cm long

2guns in the middle were printed without barrels, 3D slicer fvcked it up when preparing the print, supports were missing, and the barrels did not print.
It will be good for kitbash tho :)

Can't wait for guns to dry, heal, and to paint them
Last edited by HAL9000 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Time to make some DOOM miniatures !
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Quick Sprite test
(no actual texture just basic metal material):

Top part is the actual handle/hand grip sooo...whatever :D
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

I went through an awful depressive episode starting around three weeks ago, and still only feel like I've partially recovered from it. I was hoping changing my meds at that time was going to help me, but instead just caused a lot of suffering. Right now I continually wake up feeling anxious and uncomfortable, but start feeling a lot better as night comes around, but I'm not really happy with that either.

Hoping for the best. Mental health is scary how quickly it can change.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You're not the only one, my friend. Bad things keeps happening and it's hard to prevent them. But i hope you'll be alright soon.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Hard drive death woes. Reminder to all to make persistent backups to multiple storage devices and mediums, I'm really pushing it because I only have 1 backup drive. I'm lucky I was able to backup what I could from my main to this smaller backup drive.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

*READ 2 POSTS BELOW.*
Last edited by SouthernLion on Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Suicide is not the right answer. The life gets hard, complicated, and even turns on you. But once you think about the one you love, still like you and supports you, you can overcome this. Heck, i'm also having the worst time of my life here. But i just can go on and think about the good moment towards me thanks to everyone who hadn't give up on me. And i, also, still believe in you, Rex. Beyond the darkness, there will be light.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Wow, I'm sorry Captain J. I really should not have posted a song like that without context written. I was really drunk and just posted it and passed out.

My best friend is a lesbian girl who is... pretty sharp around the edges. You would think she was a bully or mean the way she treats me (and other people), but it's actually out of love, and I can read between the lines. She has really been there for me in all this darkness and grief and I am very greatful to God for her. But like I said, she hides her emotions, and you don't really get mushy lovey stuff from her on the surface. Well, one day we were driving to church, and she put this song on Aux in the TransAm, and she started singing the song and dancing to it and towards the end when it goes "And God got you" she poked my arm and then danced and sang more of the song and then when it goes [and if nobody else is there for you then don't worry] "cause I got you." and poked my arm again while singing the "I got you" part. And it was so sweet I almost started balling in the car, because it's very rare for her to show love up front like that.

And thank you for the kind words, Captain J. It means a lot.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Actually that song's message was positive unless i misread the lyrics (unlikely but possible).
Here's another one, this is the album (where the action is, latest) i try to listen to at low volume when tinnitus is strong. I should not use earplugs but the sound quality of my laptop is awful. It's always been one of my favourite bands, i know the guy is getting old.

Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:well shit... instaud.io is closing down.
Never heard of that place, but that kind of sucks. The writer of that post is right about one thing, though: No good deed goes unpunished. Even worse that the record industry got involved, there. I wish there was a way to block them out of our lives - forever. Nobody ever needed them, anyway. They're nothing more than parasites siphoning off of the creativity of true talent.

Return to “Off-Topic”