MetaDoom v7.1 "Ghost" - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: MetaDoom v5.666 "Klave EX" (Help Wanted! p108)

Post by Kinsie »

Beezle wrote:Is the purpose of "Content Locust" to play MetaDoom with single mapsets? I always kinda thought this was geared toward megawads since its a lot of fun to discover new monsters and weapons as you progress.
That's one good use for it! It's also good for testing new stuff, or if you're impatient/experienced with the mod and just want everything flung at you at once.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hello, is it normal for the file to weigh 33 MB?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hello, is it normal for the file to weigh 33 MB?
There is a lot of stuff in this mod. And I mean a lot of stuff.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Yes, but there was a version that weighed 66 MB and it worked in delta touch but it does not load me, it only presents the doom game in normal mode without mods
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LOLANONIMUS wrote:Yes, but there was a version that weighed 66 MB and it worked in delta touch but it does not load me, it only presents the doom game in normal mode without mods
It was converted to ZScript at some point. If you have an option to use a Dev version, select that one.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I don’t own any Android devices, so I can’t test or provide support for Delta Touch, sorry. All I can suggest is updating Delta Touch to its latest version and using the included Dev version of GZDoom, hopefully that’ll get you across the finish line.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Oh wow, why didn't I find this mod before?

(Becuase it hasn't been spotlighted yet, duh)

It's really a lot of fun! It's really a perfect blend of old and new, the gradual escalation in enemies and weapons. Some of the best stuff involves punching enemies in the face and regaining health.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Grizzly wrote:(Becuase it hasn't been spotlighted yet, duh)
It has, actually.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

After a nice break after kicking v5.666 out the door, I've started work on the next version. Since all my progress is public on Github, I figure there's no point in secrecy...

The first piece of the puzzle is the Unique Bosses system, which was easily the most popular choice from that survey I ran. If you've forgotten my past whiny-ass Livejournal post in this thread, this is a system where boss actors on specific map slots are replaced with new bosses, allowing me to squeeze in new challenges... and new challengers from the deeper rungs of Doom history.

Currently the system is implemented with a first opponent - Cage's awesome Mother Demon from the Doom 64 for Doom 2 TC now steps into the place of the Spider Mastermind in E4M8 when the CVar is active. Of course, it's also taken its rightful place in both Doom 64 for Doom 2 and Consolation Prize: Doom 64...

Some initial code work using placeholder art has been thrown down for the Hell Guard, which I plan to have take the place of Spider Masterminds in MAP28. I've started the planning and setup for creating sprites using the process I used for the Cyber-Mancubus, but let's face it - I'm no Zanieon or DrPySpy. Hopefully the end results won't be too disappointing, but at least they'll be better than the nothing we currently have.

With all this in mind, what other bosses from throughout Doom history would you like to see make an appearance, and where?
tuintje

Re: MetaDoom v5.666 "Klave EX" (Status Report p109)

Post by tuintje »

sarge from doom3 :) not sure where though
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Plutonia's story refers to the Cyberdemon you fight in Baron's Den as the Guardian, and the PSX version promotes him to final boss and moves him to Onslaught. So if sprites can be made, you could maybe put the Doom 3 Guardian in those maps. There's also the Cyberdemon in Grosse, which could be replaced with the Harbinger from WolfRPG, or the level's namesake, or even Der Fuhrer himself.

...now I'm trying to think of something good for RoE's hunters. As far as I know, only the Helltime Hunter has sprites, and even then only kind of, because it was the inspiration for Realm667's Hierophant.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

I know i'm waiting until Eternal is out to see how the Doomhunter plays because he looks like he could be an interesting boss.
Also, speaking of the SMM, there's something going on with her walking animation in her codex entry.
One or some of her frames sort of "slide" to one side, then back at the center.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

whatup876 wrote:Also, speaking of the SMM, there's something going on with her walking animation in her codex entry.
One or some of her frames sort of "slide" to one side, then back at the center.
Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on here, and DrPySpy has been real busy lately so he hasn't been able to diagnose it.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

I'm a simple man.

I see something like the Unique Bosses system mentioned, I squee uncontrollably. <3
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Kinsie wrote:With all this in mind, what other bosses from throughout Doom history would you like to see make an appearance, and where?
Although I'm pretty sure sprites arent made for any of these, I think some cool obscure picks could be some of the unique bosses from the RPG games such as Kronos, VIOS, and the Pinkinator. Kronos and VIOS i could see as Cyberdemon replacers, Pinkinator however is kind of a wildcard. Resurrection of Evil's Maledict would also be a pretty nice pick! But again, I don't think there are any usable sprites of it out there.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”