HATRED TOTAL CONVERSION REDUX

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

should this be released?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:08 pm

1. yes
79%
2. no
21%

Total votes: 75

thedoctor989

HATRED TOTAL CONVERSION REDUX

Post by thedoctor989 »

Plot:
Jeremy Cuddle,a guy who had everything, a wife, a good paying Job and a awesome Car. till he was called upon by the US government to fight for his country and freedoom.

7 years later he returns with the highest honor and a broken look on humanity, Coming home he thought that the world would congratulate him for his efforts, till he was kicked out of his house, lost his wife and car, and was forced to take a shitty low paying job at a crappy Post office, His outlook on his future turns grim and one day he decides that the City has kept him down for too long.

His plot for revenge formed,
A act so violent and cruel that the Devil Himself would stare in Horror, His Crusade begins...

RELEASE:
(THIS MOD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS)

NEWS:
Progress for the mod is still ongoing, it's just taking longer then normal since i am severely lacking in help with the mod, If you would like to see the mod released sometime this year i would reccomend PM me on Discord or Doomworld forums to let me know:

Discord: thedoctor989#9065
Doomworld: Morpheus666
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20190806_231120.png
Screenshot_Doom_20190806_231120.png (151.37 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
Screenshot_Doom_20190806_231105.png
Screenshot_Doom_20190806_231105.png (152.97 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
Screenshot_Doom_20190806_231047.png
Screenshot_Doom_20190806_231047.png (154.48 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
Last edited by thedoctor989 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 22 times in total.
skdursh

Re: HATRED TOTAL CONVERSION

Post by skdursh »

If you're enjoying making it then continue to make it. Inevitably there are those who will either hate or love the mod, either due to personal taste or moral opposition, but if you end up with a product you are proud of I can't see the downside. We could always use more total conversions and while the original game wasn't exactly incredible it was an enjoyable experience when you're in the mood for some mindless run-and-gun. I know I'd play it.
thedoctor989

Post by thedoctor989 »

I think I will continue it! Thanks also I would really love if someone could help make assets for it, weapon wise
Pedro vc

Post by Pedro vc »

Doom is all about offending people
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Stop beating around the bush. You know you want to make this mod and who for, so just do it.
thedoctor989

Post by thedoctor989 »

fakemai wrote:Stop beating around the bush. You know you want to make this mod and who for, so just do it.
i think i will, i'm almost done with it expect a update soon!
QuickWolfPT

Post by QuickWolfPT »

Don't ask if you should release it, just do it, as long as it follows the forum rules it's okay in my opinion, just have fun making it :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I never played the original game, so I am judging a book by its cover but, my impression of it at the time was that it was a mediocre game where the "controversy" it stirred up was actually more interesting than the game (I use the term "interesting" in its widest possible sense). A game with a goth-emo-metal-crossover nihilistic protagonist who wants to cull humanity "just because" isn't exactly a strong concept. The fact that the game was all wrapped up in "edgy violence" was just a big yawn to me. That's actually why I didn't pay it much attention. Not because I was offended or because I dislike violence in games (I've been patrolling hell, slaughtering demons for two and a half decades for goodness sake), but because I thought it sounded utterly trite and naively, tastelessly kitsch.

The cynic in me says that controversy was probably part of the design brief with the specific intention of grabbing headlines. No need to make a great game if you can just ride the hype train all the way to the bank.

The fear of association with the violent reputation of the original game is misplaced IMO. For me the stain isn't that it was a "oooh, violent" game, but that it was a crass marketing attempt to use violence to create sales. So, if I were you I wouldn't dwell too much on that because it would just mean that you were making a mod of a clumsy advertising campaign.

So, you want to make a mod based on the game? More power to you and I hope it turns out to be fun to play. Keep it in compliance with the forum rules here and it'll be fine to keep posting about it. I just hope that you make something that is better than how I imagine the original game to be.
Awez

Post by Awez »

Honestly, yes go for it! Hatred was a guilty pleasure game of mine and I wouldn't mind it being expanded on. All I would ask of you is to not glorify what the game is about and make it very obvious that you dont condone the actions of it and that it's just a video game (just for the sake of not bringing bad attention to the doom community).

And yes, I'd be down to provide you with help. Just dm me.
thedoctor989

Post by thedoctor989 »

well so far i am not giving a soundtrack: dead silence so you can hear all the screams of the people you are killing, that in itself is definitly a way to show i don't condone it, also i have so far many Pop culture references like Ghostbuster's and chucky so far as a way to kinda dampen the depravity of the game's concept
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

This may actually be better than the original game that had a botched up delivery.
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

I recall Hatred having a glory kill-esque mechanic where you regain full health after executing downed people as well as destructible walls and I'm curious to see how you would translate that to a Doom TC.
thedoctor989

Post by thedoctor989 »

it might just be you gain health from everything you kill, idk really how to do something like a execution without ending up stealing from SGT Mark
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

thedoctor989 wrote:it might just be you gain health from everything you kill, idk really how to do something like a execution without ending up stealing from SGT Mark
I recall Doom 4 conversion mods like D4D, Death Foretold, and Embers of Armageddon having first person executions, so you could take a page off that. Be sure to give credit if so.
thedoctor989

Re: HATRED TOTAL CONVERSION (TBR)

Post by thedoctor989 »

thank's for the tip! will do!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”