Hell Excavation

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Staledonut
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Hell Excavation

Post by Staledonut »

First version of the whole wad released

Well now the All the 3 maps is possible to complete from start to finish.

im proud of how the third map looks, is shows quite a bit how i progress in my map building map01 to map03 :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello there all you happy people :D

this is my first ever Doom 2 map made with Slade3 For Zdoom. its the first build i feel comfortable showing off (not the First map ive tried Making) and would like some feedback on balancing and layout. im still learning this! the graphical details are work i progress.
please, rain critisism over this one :) :shock:

Players: 1
Maps: 3
Size: Small - Medium
Difficulty Settings: a half hearted attempt at different difficulties. but i recommend Ultra Violence (i will take my time fixing this later...)

Screenshots
Spoiler:
Update Sept 13, 2019:
Map03
- The third map is now playable start to finish. but still not fully finished and needs a bit of balancing

Old Updates
Spoiler:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credit:
MagicWazard for plutoniatextures wad (i still have no idea how animating textures work so thank you for this little pack :D)
Yuyu3 For trees and bushes! (garden.wad)
DavidN For his doom videos and inspiring me to get this thing going.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>>>> Download <<<<<<<<<<<

i Hope you enjoy this one :)
Last edited by Staledonut on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 50 times in total.
grouchbag

Re: EskoMoe (me learning Slade3)

Post by grouchbag »

That was a fun little map! Not too hard and finished fast. Nice looking as well. Hope to see more like this from you. :D
Staledonut

Post by Staledonut »

grouchbag wrote:That was a fun little map! Not too hard and finished fast. Nice looking as well. Hope to see more like this from you. :D
Thank you for trying it out! You made my day writing this ;)
Did you find any secret?
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

I had a go as well - it's really flattering that I helped encourage you to create something, and I hope that you continue! You've definitely got the hang of creating different indoor and outdoor environments :)

This video was sponsored by the Send Lawyers to Hell appeal! Playing Doom WADs to raise money for RAICES.

https://streamlabs.com/davidxn/v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-R3_fVcWcE

For things to improve, I'd say to try to balance the monsters you're facing and the weapons/health you're giving more - the monsters here were towards the high end with quite basic weaponry and a lack of ammunition. But then again, you might deliberately be going for that :) Usually beginners forget to make maps interesting when you have to backtrack through them, so it was great that you changed some things to surprise the player.
Staledonut

Post by Staledonut »

Man this was informative for me. I see a few textures errors that passed me by. Then i know where i need to move the ssg for a better Flow to the map. The rocket luncher need to be in clear view of the player when it spawns on the Return trip.
And I should add a few health packs!

The "traps" works well enough against David atleaste 😏

The First door not opening from one Side is meant to "punish" those too eager for the shotgun 😏

The problem with getting snowed in knowledge-wise when it Comes to the map. makes it alot easier for me with out seeing faults and weaknesses 😅

The non scrolling conveyer belt was me not knowing at all how to do it 🤔

Thank you for this. I just sent the donation because i thought it was for a good thing! Then you go run my short little map and it makes my day :-D

A update to the map will arrive sometime after my trip to the land of the rising sun. And I Will continue with map02.
Staledonut

Re: Hell Excavation (Formerly Eskomoe)

Post by Staledonut »

Map02 is Ready for testing!
still working on alot of texture and Geometry. but the Layout and all the traps and creatures are there and i would LOVE some feedback on how hard you think it is and if you think its fun! :D
Can you find any secrets?

this map is possible to run with gun start! so no need to run the first map if you already have.
Staledonut

Re: Hell Excavation

Post by Staledonut »

Well now the All the 3 maps is possible to complete from start to finish.

im proud of how the third map looks, is shows quite a bit how i progress in my map building map01 to map03 :)

Return to “Levels”