Dind- Devils in the Details

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
M0RT0S

Dind- Devils in the Details

Post by M0RT0S »

Hey I'm back once again with another set of some short maps that I hope will peek your interest.
The wad is comprised of 8 short maps that I took way too long to finish.

I do hope that you all enjoy trying out these maps and please be sure to tell me about any bugs that you find or issues with the map and I will attempt to fix them as soon as I can.
Thanks everyone!

Map details:
-Maps are made using UDMF format
-Some custom music also included (2 levels include music from here https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... some-midi/)
-Crouching is allowed
-Jumping is disabled

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Download for Current Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s8zxa802e ... D.wad/file

Changelog:
Spoiler:
I do hope you enjoy trying them out and look forward to some feedback. :twisted:
Last edited by M0RT0S on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:09 am, edited 15 times in total.
LOZ_98
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Dind- Devils in the Details (WIP)

Post by LOZ_98 »

I'm playing it right now and it's very good so far, the maps are fun and have a simplistic look to them without looking so flat detail-wise. I found a little visual quirk though, there's some pillars that have these weird looking misaligned textures, you can fix them by pressing "A" on one of the pillar sides in the editor in 3D Mode.

https://i.postimg.cc/gcVCjbxB/Screensho ... 120017.png

https://i.postimg.cc/CMbg8fQ7/Screensho ... 114843.png

This one doesn't look too bad though:
https://i.postimg.cc/q7WPhkcW/Screensho ... 115905.png

Other than that I like it. Looking forward to play the rest of the maps. Nice work :)
M0RT0S

Re: Dind- Devils in the Details (WIP)

Post by M0RT0S »

Thanks I'll do my best to try and get 'em normal looking. Texture wrapping on the pillars is a little strange.
M0RT0S

Re: Dind- Devils in the Details (Nearing Completion)

Post by M0RT0S »

Finally finished the map set. Apologies for how long it took due to a mixture of being exceedingly lazy, busy and out of ideas.
Caleb13

Re: Dind- Devils in the Details

Post by Caleb13 »

Oh wow, nice to see a Doom mod that plays actual action tracks instead of elevator music (which has become the norm today, sadly). The overall difficulty is low, I don't think my health ever dropped below 60%. But again, this is a welcome change from the contemporary "half the monsters are archviles" mods. I played on UV in Gzdoom 4.3.3 and I noticed some problems:

MAP04: about 10 incorrect things in the yellow key closet, GZdoom shows the "!" sign. Also, it reports 85/87 monsters killed, but the remaining 2 monsters don't exist, "kill monsters" does nothing.

MAP05: teleport linedefs to the green armor secret should be WR, not W1. The final arachnotron spawned too close to the exit door, I could shoot it with the door still closed. And again, this map has one non-existent monster.

MAP06: arachnotron in the final arena is stuck.

MAP07: three incorrect things, one near the BFG secret and two in the "security booth" near the exit. Also, it would be nice if the bars in the corridor lowered after the player kills the revenants etc.

MAP08: HOM around pillar sector 797. Isn't sector 891 supposed to be secret?
M0RT0S

Re: Dind- Devils in the Details

Post by M0RT0S »

Caleb13 wrote:Oh wow, nice to see a Doom mod that plays actual action tracks instead of elevator music (which has become the norm today, sadly). The overall difficulty is low, I don't think my health ever dropped below 60%. But again, this is a welcome change from the contemporary "half the monsters are archviles" mods. I played on UV in Gzdoom 4.3.3 and I noticed some problems:

MAP04: about 10 incorrect things in the yellow key closet, GZdoom shows the "!" sign. Also, it reports 85/87 monsters killed, but the remaining 2 monsters don't exist, "kill monsters" does nothing.

MAP05: teleport linedefs to the green armor secret should be WR, not W1. The final arachnotron spawned too close to the exit door, I could shoot it with the door still closed. And again, this map has one non-existent monster.

MAP06: arachnotron in the final arena is stuck.

MAP07: three incorrect things, one near the BFG secret and two in the "security booth" near the exit. Also, it would be nice if the bars in the corridor lowered after the player kills the revenants etc.

MAP08: HOM around pillar sector 797. Isn't sector 891 supposed to be secret?
Thank you for the feedback. I'll attempt to fix these as soon as I can. Happy to hear about what you enjoyed about the maps as well. I might go back through the maps and vary up the monsters based on difficulty at some point down the line.

Return to “Levels”