Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

Post by Batandy »

Max_Imus wrote:Is there a way to get the maps only + the mario jump?
DabbingSquidward wrote:I cobbled this together real quick. I hope you're cool with it, Batandy. Otherwise I will remove it again.
Attached are a modified DEC_WEPS and MAPINFO. The former removes the editor numbers from all weapons and ammo pickups, the latter assigns their editor numbers to vanilla Doom equivalents.

For the jump height, grab m8f's Ultimate Custom Doom viewtopic.php?f=43&t=64678 and set the jump multiplier to 1.875

Last but not least, upon starting the game, type "give token_hudenabler" in the console otherwise you will have no HUD.
I'm okay with this, though I also agree with CaptainJ's post, the custom weapons are a huge part of this mod's charm and I'd really suggest you to play it as it is.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Batandy,

where does one find the Health Overcharges? I stumbled over them while looking at the DEC_ITEM lump, are they cut content or actually in the game?

Thx in advance
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

DabbingSquidward wrote:@Batandy,

where does one find the Health Overcharges? I stumbled over them while looking at the DEC_ITEM lump, are they cut content or actually in the game?

Thx in advance
Yes, those are cut content. I wanted to experiment with Wolfenstein-like overcharges but felt like they didn’t add anything to the gameplay.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Well we dont need Super Mario 64 to download from ROM or WII emulator

Just download Golden Souls 2 for Doom
Josko

Post by Josko »

Do you still accept mappers for this project? Would love to create a lava level underground or something ^^
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Okay is my rig just stupid or is there a way to cut down on some of the lag in certain levels? I know this has been explained countless times but I cant seem to find it. Yes I now this is redundant, but I cant find a way, even with the Vulkan render
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Josko wrote:Do you still accept mappers for this project? Would love to create a lava level underground or something ^^
I'm sorry but other than patching the game, i'm not actively working anymore on additional content for GS2, so I don't accept custom maps anymore.
UnbornDecay25 wrote:Okay is my rig just stupid or is there a way to cut down on some of the lag in certain levels? I know this has been explained countless times but I cant seem to find it. Yes I now this is redundant, but I cant find a way, even with the Vulkan render
This heavily depends on your CPU's single core performance. I've played and tested this mod with an AMD FX chip and only had 3 maps that ran below 60 fps, due to their open ended structure. If that happens to you too, try scaling down the render resolution or disabling some post process effects.
Max_Imus
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Max_Imus »

Why won't the blocks in Calescent Castle let me shove them off the edges? I seriously can't finish the level without using cheats.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Max_Imus wrote:Why won't the blocks in Calescent Castle let me shove them off the edges? I seriously can't finish the level without using cheats.
Check if any comlatibility options are enabled. I believe wallrunning must be disabled for them to behave correctly.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

DabbingSquidward wrote:
Max_Imus wrote:Why won't the blocks in Calescent Castle let me shove them off the edges? I seriously can't finish the level without using cheats.
Check if any comlatibility options are enabled. I believe wallrunning must be disabled for them to behave correctly.
Specifically, just putting the compatibility to default would solve the issue without having to look for the specific flag.
siealex

Post by siealex »

Venom Villa: it is possible to jump up to the roof of the first building near its right portal, then run to the opposite side of the roof and to the main exit. Is it by design?
PS, it's also possible to trumpetbuss-jump at the left edge of this building directly from the starting point to the main exit.
Dewzanity
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Dewzanity »

Just did the very first speedrun of this mod, I think. Unfortunately, I don't have a video to show, but I did take a screenshot of the total time when I killed the IOS, so I'm sorry.

This was my very first run, and I went through a lot of the game blindly. The only save states I used were the checkpoints, and my total in-game time was as shown in the top right of the screenshot. (Milliseconds aren't shown here so don't think I did it in 2 minutes).

My goal for the future may be to actually record the speedrun and get sub 2 hours. If only I actually knew how to record at good quality, otherwise others may think it's fake but oh well. Just thoughts for the future.

https://imgur.com/a/OinrEJo
DOOMPiter

Post by DOOMPiter »

How in hecc am i supposed to get past a further part in the 1st castle level without IDDQD? I got stuck because the Lava always killed me when i tried to access the next part of the castle.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Insta-Kill traps tend to exist in previous Golden Souls games. You have to jump and land onto the next platform when the lava is about to go up. It's all about timing and stuff. Make sure you save and load often in that situation.

Rising lava is formidable. But the difficulty of it is just slight...
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

DOOMPiter wrote:How in hecc am i supposed to get past a further part in the 1st castle level without IDDQD? I got stuck because the Lava always killed me when i tried to access the next part of the castle.
Hey, since I don't know where exactly you got stuck, I can only tell you at the moment to make sure that you've got always run enabled. If you specify where you got stuck precisely I might be able to help you out.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”