Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks for cleaning it up furthermore :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.12 released

Post by NightFright »

Small fix for Nocturnal missions (GAMEINFO was not properly formatted which caused autoload issues). Thanks to Mere_Duke for pointing it out!
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

I get an error when I try to download this new set.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I have no issues with Dropbox or Mega, but I have added a second (temporary) mirror. Will only be available for 30 days, so grab it while it's available.
Clifford21

Post by Clifford21 »

Just want to say thanks to OP, NightFright, and all other contributors of the original project. Now I have a chance to re-visit this old time classic in a modern source port.
Crazy-Blingy
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Crazy-Blingy »

I have a few bugs that might need addressing.

One bug that I found is that the dog food is apparently marked as requirement for item percentage. I would suggest adding the -COUNTITEM parameter to the entry in the decorate folder to remove this issue.

Another bug i found thus far is, that in E2L1 of the Original Missions, [and I am using the I Am Death Incarnate difficulty just for clarity], there are 26 enemies instead of 25, and the 26th seems to be inaccessible/unreachable. Is an element in the map incorrectly flagged as required toward the 100 percent killcount?

Lastly, and this might be a little nitpicky, but is there a way edit the ammo you get so that it's not affected by difficulty at all? I find myself trying to trudge through Episode 2 of the campaign and i keep running out of ammo when fighting the mutants.
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I know there are a couple of maps with an incomplete kill count because in order to create the "ambient" dog barks, the maps literally just contain an out of bound dog.

I think another "ambient" sound is linked to an invisible mancubus, too.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I might look into this whole pack again later this year. However, I am hesitant when it comes to changing maps by now. We might reach a point where it stops making sense providing patch wads and put everything into the original pwad instead. Anyway, I will take your suggestions into consideration and see what I can do about them.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Keep it coming, I love that you continue improving the old Wolfendoom series :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I still haven't given up on merging the split episodes, but I really don't want to do this manually since it's a ton of effort, plus my Decorate skills are far too sub-par for that task. I won't consider this being 100% done before it has happened, though.
Gamerwarrior117

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

NightFright wrote:I still haven't given up on merging the split episodes, but I really don't want to do this manually since it's a ton of effort, plus my Decorate skills are far too sub-par for that task. I won't consider this being 100% done before it has happened, though.
m curious are you merging them all into one file? are you going to add the original missions soundtrack and weapons in the file too?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

The merges I had hoped to do eventually were these:
- Astrostein 1-3 (+ maybe The Portal since it's the prequel)
- Operation Arctic Wolf (Pt.1+2)
- Operation Rheingold (Ep.1+2)

There are no plans of adding any additional content at this time. I also don't want to deviate too much from the original mods in order to preserve as much of Laz' creative genius as possible.

Anyway, first I need to get some momentum that puts me back into action, and right now there's nothing/nobody in sight to help with the merge problem. It's a massive task if you don't have any kind of automation for this. I had hoped the WadSmoosh project would make it possible, but apparently it was only made for Doom, not custom content like this.
Gamerwarrior117

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

NightFright wrote:The merges I had hoped to do eventually were these:
- Astrostein 1-3 (+ maybe The Portal since it's the prequel)
- Operation Arctic Wolf (Pt.1+2)
- Operation Rheingold (Ep.1+2)

There are no plans of adding any additional content at this time. I also don't want to deviate too much from the original mods in order to preserve as much of Laz' creative genius as possible.

Anyway, first I need to get some momentum that puts me back into action, and right now there's nothing/nobody in sight to help with the merge problem. It's a massive task if you don't have any kind of automation for this. I had hoped the WadSmoosh project would make it possible, but apparently it was only made for Doom, not custom content like this.
yeah its very unfortunate the wadsmoosh thing wouldn't be helpful on this, i asked the guy too. he said it would be too technical which would explain why on why there are less source ports for wolf 3d and such and including mods. so it explains why there is less focus on wolf 3d these days, since doom engine is i guess easier i think? hopefully one day he or someone else can make that happen. i was trying to find the original site for wolf 3d website from Bethesda, but looks like its gone. unfortunately i have no knowledge of this tech stuff. hopefully someone can help you with the merge. perhaps there is a hidden old website out there for wolf 3d i doubt it, lol. But, i hope you get some help. someone already got duke nukem working for gzdoom recently, imagine there will be one for wolf 3d one day, who knows this yr probably? they already got quake on this one. wolf 3d is the last one left minus serious sam and id software previous fps games. i don't think half life is on here. i know halo i sort of on here.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.2 released

Post by NightFright »

I took the opportunity to implement most of Crazy-Blingy's suggestions. I can't believe I actually reduced ammo in higher difficulties, what was I thinking? :shock: Instead of reducing it to 75% or even 50%, it's now rather 150%/200%.This should fix running out of ammo (which especially shouldn't happen if you take more damage and monsters have more health).

Changelog v1.2:
- Dog food no longer counts towards item percentage (where applicable)
- Ammo drop rebalancing for difficulty levels (more ammo in lower and higher difficulties)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.3 released

Post by NightFright »

Murdoch, who used to work with Laz on the original WolfenDoom addons, provided some valuable feedback over at Doomworld. I adjusted many addons according to his suggestions. Especially the classic releases (Original/Nocturnal Missions and Spear of Destiny) profit from these changes since the "Items" display on the statusbar finally works kinda properly, actually better than in the original versions since now it really reflects the items percentage (as you would see it only on the intermissions screen later on). Please mind that this has not been applied to all addons since health and armor pickups are handled differently throughout the entire series (e.g. sometimes you are supposed to get health/armor when picking up treasure, sometimes not).

Changelog v1.3:
- ACS-coded "Items" statusbar stats in: Original Missions, Nocturnal Missions, Spear of Destiny
- Player speed/height reduced in: Original Missions, Nocturnal Missions, Spear of Destiny, Halten Sie
- Treasure chests no longer give armor (where applicable)
- Some minor SBARINFO code optimizations

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”