Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby Azno56 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm currently experiencing an issue where if I try to open the zip I get a message that says that it's either an unknown format or its damaged. any ideas about what I should do?
Azno56
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2019

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby Valherran » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Hexen is unfortunately broken, the game freezes with a bunch of inventory script errors upon entering Seven Portals. There is also some code line missing upon game startup as well. Can we get a hotfix?
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Fureyon wrote:Glad to see it has been updated and that you caved and added sord :P


me too. I'm very glad it was a fun weapon afterall

Valherran wrote:Hexen is unfortunately broken, the game freezes with a bunch of inventory script errors upon entering Seven Portals. There is also some code line missing upon game startup as well. Can we get a hotfix?


yes, I will test and fix, and try to post a hotfix today or tomorrow, for now you can always give EDAY a run :D

Azno56 wrote:I'm currently experiencing an issue where if I try to open the zip I get a message that says that it's either an unknown format or its damaged. any ideas about what I should do?


No one else is reporting this error, try re-downloading the file.
If you are using linux, be sure you are unzipping it as a .zip format file and not a .tar or .tar.bz
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby Fureyon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Bug report: Seems like there's some instabilities with screen shaking. I was browsing Nithor's shop and when he does that angry emote of his that shakes the screen sometimes I get a crash. Might be best to use Sabbatha or no shopkeeper until this is fixed. I am not sure if the same happens when you shake the screen through other methods. To be fair, I don't get a VM abort, it's an actual GZDoom crash, so it may be unrelated to this mod though I didn't get it even once with regular GC.

Also can you remind me how to upgrade the DraughSuit? I think I had to melee a bunch of enemies but I don't recall exactly what the conditions were :P

EDIT: Forgot to say that I love the rework for stomp. Now I'm going to be using it a lot more!
Fureyon
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2018

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby user5124 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
user5124 wrote:MAP07 and onwards of the "sunder.wad" are, even with all performance options enabled in the "here be dragons" section it is diving to framerates of unplayable levels due to monstrous hordes of enemies. Effectively unable to continue. No crashes, just getting only a few fps. Is there any method for improving performance in maps with unreasonably large numbers of enemies? A "corpse and gib remover" would help a lot. Some levels were empty but running at less than 10 FPS due to what I presume is a vast numbers of corpses.


Seemed to be working ok for me... I have a pretty nice computer though.
Maybe try less demanding map packs if you have an older machine.
Test things out on DOOM2.wad or Heretic.wad and see how your computer handles it, then try map packs with more slaughterwad levels of monsters. The AI on my monsters is demanding and slaughter wads aren't going to play well.
You can of course use the menu options to swap back to the oldschool monsters to improve performance if you're just wanting to slaughter things.


I have purchased a new computer and will share results in two weeks. From 3570k overclocked to 4.2Ghz to 3700x at 4.4GHZ. Thanks for the tips. :mrgreen:

If you complete a level with ironclast shotgun hovering beside you, the next level begins, it isn't hovering, but you can't make it hover because it says it already is. Bug or user error?
user5124
 
Joined: 25 May 2014

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby user5124 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:41 am

Is there and progress bar for tracking how close the Draugh suit is to being upgraded?
What's the benefit of upgrading it?
user5124
 
Joined: 25 May 2014

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Valherran wrote:Hexen is unfortunately broken, the game freezes with a bunch of inventory script errors upon entering Seven Portals. There is also some code line missing upon game startup as well. Can we get a hotfix?


Updated

Fureyon wrote:Bug report: Seems like there's some instabilities with screen shaking. I was browsing Nithor's shop and when he does that angry emote of his that shakes the screen sometimes I get a crash. Might be best to use Sabbatha or no shopkeeper until this is fixed. I am not sure if the same happens when you shake the screen through other methods. To be fair, I don't get a VM abort, it's an actual GZDoom crash, so it may be unrelated to this mod though I didn't get it even once with regular GC.


It's an infiniteloop caused by wyverns using meteorfist, I unfortunately forgot about it this patch fix so just avoid it for now, I'll fix it again when I get home from work, just wanted to get this out there for more testing until then.
I'd fix it now, but doing anything with wyverns is always... challenging.

user5124 wrote:If you complete a level with ironclast shotgun hovering beside you, the next level begins, it isn't hovering, but you can't make it hover because it says it already is. Bug or user error?


fixed

user5124 wrote:Also can you remind me how to upgrade the DraughSuit? I think I had to melee a bunch of enemies but I don't recall exactly what the conditions were :P
Is there and progress bar for tracking how close the Draugh suit is to being upgraded?
What's the benefit of upgrading it?


once you have draughsuit, you need to collect VoidWalkersTouch, once you have that you can start upgrading.

to upgrade you have to successfully execute enemies in melee who have more than 200 max HP (pinkie demons for example), a successful execute will turn their corpses black and cause a gib death.

There is a meter that tracks it, it will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen next to dosh once you score enough melee kills to trigger a stat upgrade. When it is maxed out, there is also an indicator for this, a little draugh face icon is slotted where the meter normally appears, and the meter will no longer appear.

the benefits to upgrading are improved
- HP, Damage (all weapons and spells), Movement Speed, Jump height
- recoil reduction from heavy weapons (like ironblast / augur / matriarch) since you are beefier
- massive improvements to melee damage for punches, kicks, and sword swings, (again, because you are beefier) significant improvements to longhorn damage as well.

side note: Deadmaker and Powersuit gain all these same bonuses, but to different degrees with the exception of HP for powersuit and movement speed for deadmaker.
With deadmaker all these bonuses are MUCH higher
Powersuit benefits are different, draugh can gain higher maximum damage than powersuit if you fully max it out, movement speed is the same, but powersuit has nailboots so it has more traction, powersuit jump height will always be higher, recoil reduction is higher for powersuit because its heavier
melee damage for powersuit is higher, but attacks are slightly slower than draugh, damage ends up being very similar between the two, but hit-for-hit powersuit still hits harder in melee, for draugh to keep up you gotta punch/swing faster.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.1

Postby Fureyon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks for the reminder! Gonna have to find a place with a buncha pinkies then.
The baelfire thing got me interested in the suit.
Fureyon
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2018

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.1

Postby Valherran » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:28 am

Thanks for the update! I found a couple problems though:

1. Auger is using Auger ammo in Hexen instead of mana.

2. Rejuvenation potions are randomly disappearing from my inventory.
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby user5124 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
user5124 wrote:If you complete a level with ironclast shotgun hovering beside you, the next level begins, it isn't hovering, but you can't make it hover because it says it already is. Bug or user error?


fixed

user5124 wrote:Also can you remind me how to upgrade the DraughSuit? I think I had to melee a bunch of enemies but I don't recall exactly what the conditions were :P
Is there and progress bar for tracking how close the Draugh suit is to being upgraded?
What's the benefit of upgrading it?


once you have draughsuit, you need to collect VoidWalkersTouch, once you have that you can start upgrading.

to upgrade you have to successfully execute enemies in melee who have more than 200 max HP (pinkie demons for example), a successful execute will turn their corpses black and cause a gib death.

There is a meter that tracks it, it will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen next to dosh once you score enough melee kills to trigger a stat upgrade. When it is maxed out, there is also an indicator for this, a little draugh face icon is slotted where the meter normally appears, and the meter will no longer appear.

the benefits to upgrading are improved
- HP, Damage (all weapons and spells), Movement Speed, Jump height
- recoil reduction from heavy weapons (like ironblast / augur / matriarch) since you are beefier
- massive improvements to melee damage for punches, kicks, and sword swings, (again, because you are beefier) significant improvements to longhorn damage as well.

side note: Deadmaker and Powersuit gain all these same bonuses, but to different degrees with the exception of HP for powersuit and movement speed for deadmaker.
With deadmaker all these bonuses are MUCH higher
Powersuit benefits are different, draugh can gain higher maximum damage than powersuit if you fully max it out, movement speed is the same, but powersuit has nailboots so it has more traction, powersuit jump height will always be higher, recoil reduction is higher for powersuit because its heavier
melee damage for powersuit is higher, but attacks are slightly slower than draugh, damage ends up being very similar between the two, but hit-for-hit powersuit still hits harder in melee, for draugh to keep up you gotta punch/swing faster.



Thank you for fixing the irconblast.

Oh boy, that's really interesting to know all that about the draughsuitIt would be nice to somehow learn all this in-game or in documentation.

However, I think I may have hit a bug? :idea: I have two savegames, both have draughsuit. In the newer save, my character becomes taller and makes more stompy noises when using the draughsuit. However, he doesn't have the voidwalkers touch in any of the buy menus AND I did see the draughsuit level up bar occasionally, but it was solid black AND, I don't see the bar OR the small suit face icon where the black bar occasionally appeared. So I fear I may be in a state of upgraded and not upgraded draughsuit. I have seen plenty of black gibs. Happy to do testing or provide any info needed. :3:
user5124
 
Joined: 25 May 2014

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.0

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:58 am

Valherran wrote:1. Auger is using Auger ammo in Hexen instead of mana.


I'll fix it

Valherran wrote:2. Rejuvenation potions are randomly disappearing from my inventory.


that's odd... this sounds like raven shenanigans, but I may still be able to fix that.

user5124 wrote:Oh boy, that's really interesting to know all that about the draughsuitIt would be nice to somehow learn all this in-game or in documentation.


Join the discord and you can ask me all the details you like directly and receive quick answers. I also do multiplayer co-op a lot if you're into that

user5124 wrote:However, I think I may have hit a bug? :idea: I have two savegames, both have draughsuit. In the newer save, my character becomes taller and makes more stompy noises when using the draughsuit. However, he doesn't have the voidwalkers touch in any of the buy menus AND I did see the draughsuit level up bar occasionally, but it was solid black AND, I don't see the bar OR the small suit face icon where the black bar occasionally appeared. So I fear I may be in a state of upgraded and not upgraded draughsuit. I have seen plenty of black gibs. Happy to do testing or provide any info needed. :3:


It's hard for me to tell what's going on without screenshots, or even better an example video.

the trick with this thing is, the bar doesn't stick around forever, it only stays on the screen for 5 seconds after the most recent successful stat bonus, not every melee kill is a stat bonus, even if you get the black gibbed trigger. Every successful kill that triggers the blackened gib death counts towards improving the stats, and the score is kept, but you have score a certain amount of "points" before actual stats are awarded, and the bar will not appear until stats are awarded.

Black part of the bar = Stats you don't have yet
purple part of bar with particles = stats you have won

The little Draugh face icon will only appear once stats are maxed and no more can be gained.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.1

Postby user5124 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Sent you a video in a pm which should hopefully make it a bit clearer.
user5124
 
Joined: 25 May 2014

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:14 am

updated to fix lots of bugs
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Postby Tmlr83 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am

Oh Jesus!!! Thank You a f###in lot for this!!! I love it. It's a great work! One question: I want to use the brutal bolognese gore mod. But when I add it into my ZDL, there're no nice blood-splatter effects in game. Where's the failure...?

Regards
Tmlr83
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Postby groundbeefega » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 am

I am having a problem with seeing the campaign. It doesn't show at all when I run this with Doom 2 wad. Am I doing something wrong or does the campaign need to be unlocked?
groundbeefega
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Discord [Bot], Funky Gnoll, Simple Pie [RSS], Xim and 29 guests