NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.3 OUT NOW!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Do you Prefer The Type 99 Nambu or the Type 89 Howa?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Type 89
52%
Type 99
48%

Total votes: 21

Joblez_I
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.3 OUT NOW!)

Post by Joblez_I »

Image2019 Cacoaward Winner!

Download v1.3 Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/miubazs8n ... 3.pk3/file

The mod is also available on Github!

Naku-Naru Github:https://github.com/Joblez/Naku-Naru

Requires GZDoom 3.7 or higher.

And here's a patch if you don't like the new sounds in version 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xmn5zzy6 ... h.pk3/file

THEME OF NAKU-NARU: https://soundcloud.com/joblez/theme-of-naku-naru

Older versions of the mod:
Spoiler:
My first mod available on the forum.

Naku-Naru is a weapons mod that puts you in the shoes of a man possessed by a Japanese Oni Demon, called upon to beat the demons back into hell and restore peace.

Footage:
Spoiler:
Brief Backstory:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Weapons:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler:
Some Minor Gameplay Notes:
Spoiler:
Concept Art:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Joblez_I on Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Rex705

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1)

Post by Rex705 »

So this is a weapon mod? A little more info in the description would be nice. That test map looks really cool do you plan on making some cool maps like that to use this mod with?
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

Rex705 wrote:So this is a weapon mod? A little more info in the description would be nice. That test map looks really cool do you plan on making some cool maps like that to use this mod with?
yeah sorry about that, updated everything to clarify what this whole mod is about.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

THIS IS SOME SERIOUSLY GOOD SHIT

Pretty outstanding, really! The gunplay feels AWESOME, the weapon selection is good (along with the StG44, the Type99 is one of my favorite weapons and i never seen it properly used in any mod until now), and i know that you'll fix the things that gotta be fixed, so i won't leave any nitpicks for now.

So i might as well give a contribution, hope you like it:
Edited from Shadow Warrior
Edited from Shadow Warrior
New Armor.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 46477 times
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

GAA1992 wrote:THIS IS SOME SERIOUSLY GOOD SHIT

Pretty outstanding, really! The gunplay feels AWESOME, the weapon selection is good (along with the StG44, the Type99 is one of my favorite weapons and i never seen it properly used in any mod until now), and i know that you'll fix the things that gotta be fixed, so i won't leave any nitpicks for now.

So i might as well give a contribution, hope you like it:
New Armor.png
thanks a ton! i'll make sure to include this sprite in the next patch, it looks great!
thewolfman00001

Post by thewolfman00001 »

This mod is pretty awesome, but the shotgun is quite underpowered especially when compared to all the other weapons you get during playtime. Is there any chance for the shotgun to be buffed in a future update?
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

thewolfman00001 wrote:This mod is pretty awesome, but the shotgun is quite underpowered especially when compared to all the other weapons you get during playtime. Is there any chance for the shotgun to be buffed in a future update?
definitely, i've had my own grips with the shotgun, and i'm most certainly gonna make changes to the shotgun in the next patch.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Just did a quick romp through Doom 2, and this MOD is pretty decent. Weapons are alright for the most part, though I feel the mag size on the automatics could be larger as it is problematic to use in some instances. The shotgun and the revolver kinda swapped rolls with the way they handle, mostly due to the revolver putting out roughly double the damage than the shotgun. If you are open to some suggestions, a Weapon Upgrade Pickup system would work well with this and could solve the problem with the low mag sizes on some weapons. There would be a chance that a weapon upgrade would spawn somewhere in the map in place of the weapon pickup in question. The PM-9 could get extended mags up to 50 rounds, and the Nambu could get a 100 round pan mag. For 1887 and revolver you could dual wield these as an upgrade, and maybe give the Arisaka a scope. Crescent Blade could get a list of new attacks as well as some range. The M2 also has a lot of possibilities to explore since that weapon can fire lots of different ammunition like flares and gas bombs, I'll leave that one to you, along with the Yorick.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very impressive and neat Gameplay Mod. The Weapon Handling, Animation, Sound Effects are decent yet powerful! it's amazing to see that there are more Samurai Doom mods coming! And it has some Japanese Weaponry going on and i found it interesting as well. However, lack of Extra Movement Benefits/Actions and Traditional Ninja Weaponry are gets me. But looks great nonetheless!
Spoiler: and here are some of my feedback
That's about it. And call me crazy, but i'd like to see more WW2 Japanese Weapons in this mod. I'm not a big fan of their Weaponry, to be honest. But this might be very educating!
MFG38

Post by MFG38 »

I'm a simple man. I see a thread about something Japan-inspired, I click on it.

The general aesthetic in the screenshots looks roughly like my vision for a Shadow Warrior-esque TC I had once. Anyway, downloading as I write this - I'll give it a spin shortly. c:
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

This heavily reminds me of DuduKrazy's Guns III, and to a lesser extent DGradys (but much more polished, heh.)
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

Captain J wrote:Very impressive and neat Gameplay Mod. The Weapon Handling, Animation, Sound Effects are decent yet powerful! it's amazing to see that there are more Samurai Doom mods coming! And it has some Japanese Weaponry going on and i found it interesting as well. However, lack of Extra Movement Benefits/Actions and Traditional Ninja Weaponry are gets me. But looks great nonetheless!
Spoiler: and here are some of my feedback
That's about it. And call me crazy, but i'd like to see more WW2 Japanese Weapons in this mod. I'm not a big fan of their Weaponry, to be honest. But this might be very educating!
an incredibly useful list of things to improve, thank you. a lot of these are easy to patch, and are a result of some minor errors i overlooked. already fixed the line with the box of 84mm slugs, that was just a mistake i made since the decorate used to program that had been taken from a mod i never finished. expect a lot of these being fixed next update.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Wow really cool weapon mod out of the blue, this looks and feels great, weapons feel like they have a lot of impact and its just fun in general.

Something weird about the shotgun tho, sometimes when you fire it it seems like frames of it are veering off to the left of the screen for no reason and im not sure why that is. I'm not sure what causes it either, seems like its fine then all of a sudden it spazzes out. Not sure if Im really describing it well either but its a somewhat common occurrence on my end.
Joblez_I

Post by Joblez_I »

Toberone wrote:Wow really cool weapon mod out of the blue, this looks and feels great, weapons feel like they have a lot of impact and its just fun in general.

Something weird about the shotgun tho, sometimes when you fire it it seems like frames of it are veering off to the left of the screen for no reason and im not sure why that is. I'm not sure what causes it either, seems like its fine then all of a sudden it spazzes out. Not sure if Im really describing it well either but its a somewhat common occurrence on my end.
yeah, it's an issue with the way i did animations at the time. all the weapons use offsets instead of just going frame to frame, and with the ability to altfire and melee, the shotgun can get confused as to where it's located on the screen. it's an issue i fully intend to patch, the shotgun is going to get a major upgrade and overhaul in the next patch.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

A most gorgeous weapon mod, by far one of the best i've ever played! Guns feel absolutely natural to use with little a round wasted, sounds are amazing, and just plays amazingly overall.

Only issues so far is the shotgun being slightly too high up perspective-wise and not being too effective at longer ranges similar to other shotguns, arisaka bayonet thrust could use a little more "punch", odd "zoom" glitch with the Karl Gustav after deselecting and reselecting it, being able to reload even when you're out of ammo, as with this "doomslayer" error I got from loading a save after I died.

Also, maybe a different font as well? Sorry if it's too much or already been said.
Last edited by EddieMann on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”