Boom Power Reborn - 1.01

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
3saster

Boom Power Reborn - 1.01

Post by 3saster »

Ever wish Michael Bay had made Doom? Well now you can live that dream! Boom Power Reborn is a continuation of ELFLE's mod Boom Power, which makes every monster explode when they die.

Features:
  • Monsters explode when they die! The intensity is based on monster health, and can be configured in the options menu.
  • Works with any gameplay/DEHACKED mods (in theory)! Works with Heretic/Hexen/Strife too!
  • Fireballs, Novas, and Nukes! Items to further make explosions!
  • Don't fear explosions! Configurable damage resistance to explosions!
  • EXPLOSIONS!
Version 1.01

ICARUSLIV3S's old video of the original Boom Power:

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Last edited by 3saster on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadez12

Re: Boom Power Reborn - 1.00

Post by Shadez12 »

Pairing this with RU creates an interesting bug for certain weapons

Clifford21

Post by Clifford21 »

Shadez12 wrote:Pairing this with RU creates an interesting bug for certain weapons
Sorry, what does RU stand for?
This looks really great when paired with your mod.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I think he means Russian Overkill, which would be RO :thonk:
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

*Loads Boom Power Reborn with Run For It and Chaos Corpses*

*Tries to grab the Chainsaw in the Entryway; it gets up and runs*

*Shoots the Chainsaw; it responds by flying off at high speed, bouncing off the wall, hurtling back toward him and exploding as it passes by, killing him*

10/10 Would die nonsensically again
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

@3saster:

Turns out that inventory error crash was GZDoom's fault and it has been fixed in the latest devbuild:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64952

That means the mod itself is clean all this time, hooray! :D
3saster

Post by 3saster »

Tesculpture wrote:10/10 Would die nonsensically again
Heh, maybe I should set the default damage resistance to 100%...
Shadez12 wrote:Pairing this with RU creates an interesting bug for certain weapons
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but what is the problem? It looks okay to me?
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

Ah, that's hot! That is hot!
Squirb

Post by Squirb »

(I reported this originally in the Technical Issue forum)

https://ibb.co/QmJPT24

When using the Boom Power Reborn mod this error comes up using the latest beta build. Running the mod with the 3.7 version of GZDoom works without issue. I also tried the latest official release (4.1.3) and the same error came up. No other mods were running at the time.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

The problem is in EventHandler.txt at line 73. Null pointer check is missing for players.mo:

Code: Select all

if(!players[i].mo.CountInv("BPR_BoomArmor")) players[i].mo.A_GiveInventory("BPR_BoomArmor");
3saster

Re: Boom Power Reborn - 1.01

Post by 3saster »

Thanks mental, I pushed a hotfix in the meantime to add the null-pointer check. Do you know why it worked it 4.1.2 and below? This should have never worked in the first place.

For everyone else, new version is up, and when I get more time to work on this, expect more stuff and ways to explode your enemies!
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Boom Power Reborn - 1.01

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

To start off GREAT WORK
but kind of a small problem i am having with

Boom Power Plus - 1 April 2017
* All fireballs are now always Tier 3 fireballs.
VERSION 1.0.0 - 4 June 2019
* Tier system removed entirely. Since Boom Power Plus ensured you always have maximum power items anyway, this system was pointless. The values have been scaled down to make more sense now (i.e. instead of 90 max/3 use for fireballs, it is 30/1 now).

I assume that is supposed to make all the fireballs the BIG bad one but it doesn't do that, now they are randomized between small medium and BIG, removing the tier system shouldn't make them random, but it should just make them all max power/tire3 ones right? well it isn't if that the case.

also

Boom Power Plus - 1 April 2017
* Fire Nova (previously Firewall) now grants a 5 second shield of invulnerability, so the firewall doesn't end up killing you (due to removal of boom player class that originally gave immunity to fire, in order to make the mod work for Russian Overkill and other mods).
* Added an onscreen message and orange color filter whenever Fire Nova item is used, to let you know when its on and how long you are invincible.
Good change, but please do add an option to turn off the message and only leave the orange flashing screen for a more subtle and less IN YO FACE indicator for the invulnerability.

Another bug with the Firewall/Fire Nova is that the first one seems not to spread and just say where the player was staning really dense, no matter where or when you use it, so thats that

using, if that important.
GzDOOM v4.5.0 > DOOM 2: Hell on Earth

"Ah what do you know my Boom juce isnt as volatile as I....., "
"Flaming cactus"
~Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Return to “Gameplay Mods”