BDLite [V1.2 RELEASED - 2019-12-20]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NovaRain

Re: BDLite [V1.1 RELEASED - 2019-02-15]

Post by NovaRain »

I compiled the two sets of AK rifle sprites I posted in the Spriting Carnival thread as rifle placement add-ons for BDLite. The reloading sprites are from Flammable4444's AK47 for BDv19/20 with some minor edits. I didn't add any ammo count indicator like the default rifle because I couldn't think of a good design for them, and personally I'm not too fond of such thing on guns.

Screenshots:
AK_Rifle 1

AK_Rifle 2

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ve7s1n8ab ... s.rar/file
They are simple sprites/sound replacement, just load the one you want to use after bdlite.pk3.
Spoiler: Credits
Credits are also included in both the rar and pk3 files.
Last edited by NovaRain on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

Those addons are both fantastic! I'm really impressed with the amount of work that went into editing the sprites for the female marine, especially without access to the layered graphics files, and the smaller but silenced rifle is a great alternative. The two variant rifles are great as well - ammo display is definitely not necessary, it was just a fun add-on that I did at the last minute :)

Would you both be okay with me hosting these as addons on the BDLite page at http://teamouse.net/games/doom/bdlite/ ? Let me know if you'd like me to link anywhere in addition to your credits :)
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

Yes, of course. Thank you! :D

EDIT: Oh, the screenshots on BDLite's addons page are switched. addon-ak-rifle-1.png is for rifle2, and addon-ak-rifle-2.png is for rifle1.
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

Oops! Fixed :) Will take a look at the earlier issue of the double Pinkie head, as well
RedClairefield

Post by RedClairefield »

DavidN wrote:Those addons are both fantastic! I'm really impressed with the amount of work that went into editing the sprites for the female marine, especially without access to the layered graphics files, and the smaller but silenced rifle is a great alternative. The two variant rifles are great as well - ammo display is definitely not necessary, it was just a fun add-on that I did at the last minute :)

Would you both be okay with me hosting these as addons on the BDLite page at http://teamouse.net/games/doom/bdlite/ ? Let me know if you'd like me to link anywhere in addition to your credits :)
If you think my add-on is worth hosting, go right ahead. Just be sure to credit the same people I did so nobody gets confused.

OH p.s. why aren't zombie men classified as "monsters"?

Double EDIT:
I've used WRF_ALLOWUSER1 to make the alt-fire Melee a far more versatile option, including the ability to cancel some animations (particular Super Shotgun and Plasma Rifle) which lets you keep the damage coming!

If WRF_ALLOWUSER1 is bad practice or if there's a better way, let me know. Until then, the latest super kicky version of my addon is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/suc323f0c2pc1 ... y.pk3?dl=0

p.s. definitely add some kicky-ness like this into the main file
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

Great mod! But if you're aiming for anti-features, I would ask for a option to remove reloading and vertical aiming. These are one of the most annoying BD features and it changes drastically how Doom works (a lot more than fatalities or dual wielding imo)... IIRC, the latest version have an option to disable them already.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Phobos867 wrote:Great mod! But if you're aiming for anti-features, I would ask for a option to remove reloading and vertical aiming. These are one of the most annoying BD features and it changes drastically how Doom works (a lot more than fatalities or dual wielding imo)... IIRC, the latest version have an option to disable them already.
What do you mean by vertical aiming? Disabling mouselook?
Phobos867

Post by Phobos867 »

wildweasel wrote:What do you mean by vertical aiming? Disabling mouselook?
Some weapons mess with your vertical view when you shoot, which is awful if you are not playing with mouselook. I think it's just the rifle and minigun though.

Since this mod got rid of hitboxes, I think it would be perfect if these two features could be optional imo.
Last edited by Phobos867 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Fellow BD modder! Nice work on this, I really wish it had existed when I started up my mod. I removed so much shit and it’s STILL so hard to navigate.
vitriolicv

Post by vitriolicv »

Small seemingly mostly graphical bug: With the pump shotgun selected, pick a direction where you're free to run unobstructed, and start tapping reload. The gun jerks around for no reason, even though it's fully loaded. If you HOLD reload, the gun gets stuck in-place and does not sway as you run.

Additionally, am I missing something, or is there no grenade indicator unless I'm using a full status bar? :(
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

vitriolicv wrote:Small seemingly mostly graphical bug: With the pump shotgun selected, pick a direction where you're free to run unobstructed, and start tapping reload. The gun jerks around for no reason, even though it's fully loaded. If you HOLD reload, the gun gets stuck in-place and does not sway as you run.

Additionally, am I missing something, or is there no grenade indicator unless I'm using a full status bar? :(
@DavidN
This can be easily fixed by setting the 1-tic frame in the reloading state to have the A_WeaponReady(14) codepointer. This makes it so the weapon bobs but can't fire or switch when on that state, so as to avoid glitches and stuff like that.

EDIT: Consider this, the release of the not officially endorsed by DavidN version of BDLite for Zandronum 3.0. Here it is:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pfg5d3g0 ... e.pk3/file
It's more or less the exact same as GZD-BDLite but without the fancy roll effects or height adjusting on certain monsters.
ketmar

Post by ketmar »

>A_WeaponReady(14)
please!
A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOFIRE|WRF_NOSWITCH)

thinking about stop accepting numeric literals where constants should be used in k8vavoom decorate parser ;-)
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

ketmar wrote:>A_WeaponReady(14)
please!
A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOFIRE|WRF_NOSWITCH)

thinking about stop accepting numeric literals where constants should be used in k8vavoom decorate parser ;-)
But 14 is faster to type... :(

Alright i guess that works too, so yeah use that one instead :D
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

TDRR wrote:But 14 is faster to type... :(
It maybe faster to type, but think about people who might read your code. To them, "14" is meaningless and they're going to have to do some looking up.
vitriolicv

Post by vitriolicv »

I've been trying to bug him to include a spotlight-based flashlight, too. O:)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”