The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: The Guncaster - 3.3

Post by AvzinElkein »

Issue: Weapon Shop addon is missing Longhorn ammo!
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Noticed a minor bug: with the midas tome active, on meleeing an enemy to death (so they turn to a statue/explode into coins) I get this error in the console/ingame messages:
P_StartScript: Unkown Script: "MoneyShareCheck"
Just thought I'd also say, I personally love Brimstone. It feels really satisfying to swing thanks to the animations and sounds, and using in power suit / chonky boi mode is VERY satisfying with all the gibbing! The design of the sword itself is really cool, and tomed mode is great at clearing rooms!

Also really love the powersuit shoulder cannon, and that you added in different firing modes and an option to turn it off as well.

Great new stuff as always! I've blasted through half a dozen megawads since the latest versions release, and it's still easily one of the best gameplay mods out there.

Keep up the awesome work, and looking forward to the next version to see what other crazy stuff you all come up with!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

AvzinElkein wrote:Issue: Weapon Shop addon is missing Longhorn ammo!
I can confirm this is rectified on our side by now~
DemonbaneSol wrote:It's the same no matter what map I'm playing. The arrow is there, it seems to always stay right next to me, and that causes me to have to look down to see where it's pointing, but that's fine. The little text in the bottom left of the HUD that said, "I smell gold..." and the numerical distance counter are what's gone.
I've got pointed that it happens when one has infinite dergovision on, apparently. Moved the issue to German Engineering department.
baddude1337 wrote:Noticed a minor bug: with the midas tome active, on meleeing an enemy to death (so they turn to a statue/explode into coins) I get this error in the console/ingame messages:
I'd like to ask you kindly to point me at which monster in specific does it happen with, if you could do so. It means after changing that to zs-based method I missed some monster there.

EDIT: Also thanks for the kind words, don't think those go over my head; I just like keeping it straight to business~
Tmlr83
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Tmlr83 »

heyho. what a very bombastic work!! one question: is there an addon to play The Guncaster 3.3 with the monsters of project brutality OR brutal doom v21?
regards
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

PillowBlaster wrote:
baddude1337 wrote:Noticed a minor bug: with the midas tome active, on meleeing an enemy to death (so they turn to a statue/explode into coins) I get this error in the console/ingame messages:
I'd like to ask you kindly to point me at which monster in specific does it happen with, if you could do so. It means after changing that to zs-based method I missed some monster there.
Ah, that's probably why, I'm using an monster pack with the mod, hasn't been updated alongside the new version. Done a quick run on a map and the error was only happening on the addon monsters, so all good from the vanilla monster's/Guncaster end!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Tmlr83 wrote:heyho. what a very bombastic work!! one question: is there an addon to play The Guncaster 3.3 with the monsters of project brutality OR brutal doom v21?
regards
No; this mod was not meant to be used with monster mods.
FlyingPotato

Post by FlyingPotato »

Noticed something else. The Draugh tome and the Powersuit don't make their idle sounds anymore, though Old Dreadful and the Mask still do. Is this a bug, or intentional?
Using GZdoom 4.1.3.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

can i use custom monster?
Like DoomRL or Bratwurst
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Because Guncaster also modifies the monsters (such as adding gold drops and states like frozen, burning, etc.) If you use a custom monster mod you will break several things. So you'd need a compatibility patch.
dino_nerd made an Universal Guncaster Adapter which would adapt monster so they work with GC, but it hasn't been updated yet, nor has his Vindicated mod. So for now either you alter stuff by hand or wait.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

baddude1337 wrote:Also really love the powersuit shoulder cannon, and that you added in different firing modes and an option to turn it off as well.
Would be cool for it to have shoulder Flamethrower weapon in a reference to the Doom Eternal. Although I already feel like powersuit overshadows the Deadmaker's Mask, especially with it's super speed and insane armor protection. I just hope the Deadmaker's Mask won't be forgotten either, as I still hope some of the missing spells get their third stage of attack that some of the spells lack.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Here's a few things I've noticed.

Propane hurts the player a lot more now.
Pain Elemental fucks you up if you kill it up close.
Autocannon spawns casings with toaster mode on.
Hatchling and Broodling difficulties are the same.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

YasuoProjectX wrote:can i use custom monster?
Like DoomRL or Bratwurst
You can use DOOMRLA monsters as Pillow made it compatible with monsters, but for bratwurst you need either the comp patch, you can use the one Fureyon said
Fureyon wrote:dino_nerd made an Universal Guncaster Adapter which would adapt monster so they work with GC, but it hasn't been updated yet, nor has his Vindicated mod. So for now either you alter stuff by hand or wait.
Dutchygamer

Post by Dutchygamer »

Some things I noticed when working on a compatibility patch for GC:
  • All Doom monsters that normally can be revived by an Archvile cannot be revived when XDeath-ed. Where Looplet has a CanRaise in it (enabling reviving), Looplet2 doesn't. Seeing as Raise always calls the Normalization ACS function for the GC Doom monster overrides, I have the feeling that the lack of CanRaise is not intentional.
  • BGC_MainBlood has Purple blood, where PGC_MainBlood has Blue blood.
Hope you don't mind me digging into the GC code :P
DemonbaneSol

Post by DemonbaneSol »

One more thing I noticed... It doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but when I'm using the possession mode with the Draugh Tome and I do the "riftwalking" thing (hold Use), when I let go and exit the riftwalk, I get a console message saying

ACS: 'ReaverCounter' : Unknown actor class

The Traveler's Journal and Voidwalker's Touch don't seem to affect this.

EDIT: I also seem to remember something being said about riftwalking allowing you to pass through some walls, but I don't know if that still works, since so far I've only tested it on the "windows" in Heretic E3M1 in the beginning room, and it doesn't work there.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

PB, did you remove the key map indicator? I noticed I can't see keys anymore and that was a handy-dandy feature to have.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw that this is now a default engine boolean.

For those interested, type this in console:

Code: Select all

am_showkeys_always true

Return to “Gameplay Mods”