Downtime 2019/Jun/04

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Downtime 2019/Jun/04

Post by Rachael »

So, you know how when you live in an apartment, you can have nasty neighbors? The ones that keep you up at night and blast their stereo whenever you're sleeping or studying?

That's what zdoom.org had. We had a nasty neighbor move in. It's been moved to another host now, in the same datacenter, and hopefully we'll have nice neighbors.

I know the site was a little touch and go yesterday. Things have seemed to improve quite a lot after the migration. We were on a blade that had a neighbor who was overusing their resources and it caused us some major hassles. And me a lot of headaches. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. :)
Enjay

Re: Downtime 2019/Jun/04

Post by Enjay »

Ah, I had noticed problems. I was getting time outs, slow performance and occasional 502 errors. I was getting ready to ask about it. I did wonder for a while if it was just my variable internet quality (but other sites were OK so I thought probably not). Thanks for the info. Seems better now.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I am still having massive problems with the site, sometimes a response takes several minutes.
Master O

Post by Master O »

Graf Zahl wrote:I am still having massive problems with the site, sometimes a response takes several minutes.
Have you tried changing DNS servers on your PC / smart device?
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

So that's why once in awhile the site refuses to load? That's too bad, I thought it was my shitty internet hehe. Thankfully it seems to be just once in awhile, other than the few times here n there, the site seems to be up and running just fine.
BFeely
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BFeely »

So basically that "noisy neighbor" was another VM on the server gobbling up all the resources and not even bothering to do the right thing and pay the extra for a dedicated CPU service?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

BFeely wrote:So basically that "noisy neighbor" was another VM on the server gobbling up all the resources and not even bothering to do the right thing and pay the extra for a dedicated CPU service?
Exactly. I am glad someone speaks my language.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”